Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2015, 16:28   #391
BANNED

Re: The "Discovery Turbo" thread - A 24 hour automotive channel now on Indian TV

They are running out of stuff, so all sort of non-auto related stuff is there. I must say I am going off the channel. It is part of my Mega Pack on Tatasky so I cannot unsubscribe that easily.
Old 7th March 2015, 17:04   #392
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Discovery Turbo" thread - A 24 hour automotive channel now on Indian TV

I used to tune in to catch an episode of Fifth Gear or Wheeler Dealers or even Overhaulin' but haven't always been lucky. I have tried seeing some of the newer auto shows but none of them could hold my attention for more than 5 minutes. The channel airs a lot of non-auto shows too (like sgiitk mentioned).

Nowadays, I barely tune in to Discovery Turbo. It is quite sad to see the fate of such a channel which was solely focussed on automobiles.
Old 7th March 2015, 17:13   #393
Senior - BHPian

I have stopped watching that channel, watch History TV now with counts customs, rick restorations, pawn stars, baggage battles and the Biker Battleground Phoenix are some of the awesome shows.

And by the way Discovery Turbo, did not telecast-ed any of the new series of the earlier shows tough the same were aired in US / UK. Very sad indeed not to telecast them here.
Old 7th March 2015, 19:04   #394
Senior - BHPian

Same story here. There was a time when i was hooked on to this channel and not a single day went by when i didnt watch it. But now, i dont even remember if this channel is still alive. Reason, most of the stuff on it is OLD and non auto related. Its live MTV now, i hardly see them playing music
Old 7th March 2015, 19:26   #395
Senior - BHPian

I hope the people from Discovery channel visit this page and try and bring it back to at least what it used be. Recently removed it from my second TV as I am no longer watching it.
Old 7th March 2015, 19:50   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

I just spend the best part of my Saturday out with my some of my friends of the Royal Mavericks, a Delhi based Royal Enfield FB club and a Discovery film crew. They are making a six episode documentary called "engine addict". When We met them they were already two weeks into their filming here in India. We helped the, with 23 Royal Enfields. We tookł some shots around India Gate, CP and the NH8. Good fun. I spoke to the main character for some time during one of our coffee shops. Sounds like a really nice show. They bought their RE at Karol Bagh, same shop,as I got mine! They are also going to built a dune buggy powered by A RE engine. Built a flying bike in Austria and make some sort of Jet engine powered crossing of the English channel. They already have bought the jet engine, or rather the whole plane, engine included. An old Provost.

Was interesting to meet the film crew and talk them and help them out. Apparently the chance of me appearing in any of their shots is remote as I don't look Indian enough? Well, you could have fooled me, still Everybody agreed my bike was the nicest classic RE bullet of the lot!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 13:45   #397
Senior - BHPian

I too got this channel by paying extra on my Videocon d2h. But sadly was really disappointed with it. Most of the time I select this channel I only see their stupid tele TV promotions and non-car related documentary which was very annoying. So I unsubscribed from it after 2 months.

It'd be great if they would show previous seasons of Top Gear , TG USA and Fifth Gear at time's we would actually watch and not at 10 PM or after or early in the mornings.
Old 5th April 2015, 17:20   #398
BHPian

I dont know what has happened to this channel. It's turned into Discovery Telebrands. Horrible content and non availability in HD is the bane of this once amazing channel.
sabret00the is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 20:48   #399
BHPian

I keep seeing this ad for "fix it pro". Claiming to remove minor scratches just so easily. Does this really work? Has any one used this?
Old 6th April 2015, 11:52   #400
BANNED

Slightly OT, now all the time Tata Sky is showing info not provided for Bllomberg. So out goes Autocar!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks