Team-BHP - Most often seen 'broken down' cars on Indian roads!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Most often seen 'broken down' cars on Indian roads!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/74334-most-often-seen-broken-down-cars-indian-roads-3.html)

indica's ,sumo's, and the occasional safari.
my olc palio umm cant say dies on the road but rather runs out of Fuel!!! there is a small dent in the tank which leads to a very inaccurate reading on the fuel guage.
there are also old cielo's ,matiz,amby's,tempo trax etc.

No doubt, Indica is the most unreliable cars in Indian roads. Some times I see Indigo also waiting for a service person in the road side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunil8089 (Post 1702880)
No doubt, Indica is the most unreliable cars in Indian roads. Some times I see Indigo also waiting for a service person in the road side.

What a dumb statement? There are a million Indicas buddy, logging a million miles and yes there are a million Indicas being used as cabs which are literally raped by their owners/drivers. can't you see how these guys maintain their Indicas? use your car ( whatever it is) like these cabbies use their Indicas and see how long it lasts.

To be honest, this thread is a bit of a joke and serves no purpose. I am hoping the mods will close this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 1702958)
To be honest, this thread is a bit of a joke and serves no purpose. I am hoping the mods will close this thread.

why close the thread?
are any of the cars being mentioned here biased? people are posting views on what they see everyday.
@pgsagar taxi drivers abusing the car and hence leading to a breakdown is not an excuse.
there are taxi drivers who still drive 7-8 year old Qualis and abuse them on a daily basis and still runs without much problem.
An indica or a sumo if breaks down means that it simply is not built well to take the abuse.

from my years in Delhi. It would be

Ford Ikon. (3 - 4 instances)
Amby/Fiat Padmini

I saw an Ikon busted in our parking lot a few days ago. Just wouldn't start.

@ vinaydas

I believe there is a difference of few lakhs, between the prices of Indica and a qualis.

Well Tata should be topping the list on this pointless thread.Older maruthi's seem to more on breakdown list. i guess a tow truck driver would give you the best answer

Contrary to popular belief Innova and Qualis also break down quite often.
In my previous post I kept out Taxis as they are bound to break down so no prize for taxis viz Indica , Sumo , Innova and Qualis.

Among personal vehicles I have seen Toyota Corolla , Ikon , Scoda and my own M800 breaking down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 1702972)
why close the thread?
are any of the cars being mentioned here biased? people are posting views on what they see everyday.
@pgsagar taxi drivers abusing the car and hence leading to a breakdown is not an excuse.
there are taxi drivers who still drive 7-8 year old Qualis and abuse them on a daily basis and still runs without much problem.
An indica or a sumo if breaks down means that it simply is not built well to take the abuse.

:D Well, I refuse to take the bait.

Anyway, let the thread be if tbpians want it, but I do think this thread is a waste of time and completely useless.

This is an other thread started by some Anti-Indica Club member, I don't now how many Indica's one has seen lying turtle on road. If Indicas were so prone to breakdown on road, no cab driver/owner worth his salt would want to own them. The old Indicas sure had poor pick up, a some niggling issues such as poor dashbaord plastic etc. but its reliability was never an issue. With such attitude it feels there is a coterie which is hell bent on discrediting Indicas by creating all kinds of strange stories which are hard to prove but will definetely damage the credibility.
Step out of any airport, railway station almost all the cabs are Indicas, Indigos, Marinas and now Logan has joined the list. This is because these cars are VFM, reliable and gives good return to its owners and passengers are happy to ride in them. Otherwise the cab owners would have gone for Marutis & Hyundais. Anybody gave a thought why they dont do that?

As a matter of fact most of the cars if properly maintained do not breakdown on the road. Atleast for first 5-6 years of their life.

The most number of brokendown vehicles is also an indication of the most sold and used cars in the market. :D And I should get an award for supreme optimism.

Just saw a old gen palio(Not the stile) died on the road side. In kalyani nagar road in pune.

I'm discounting taxi vehicles from this list since it wouldn't be fair to bring them into picture because of their sheer numbers and poor maintenance.

Private vehicle which I've seen in distress mode on our highways in the order of higher occurrence.

1) Maruti 1000 (haven't seen much of the 1300 cc ones in distress mode)
2) Fiat UNO
3) Skoda Octavia
4) Hyundai Accent CRDi
5) Maruti 800
6) Very few numbers of Safaris and Scorpios