Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 11:45   #46
Senior - BHPian

Nice effort. I especially like the e-version. Good luck.
Old 29th January 2010, 14:22   #47
BHPian

Thanks for all that appreciation guys. Your enthusiasm and spirit is what that drives us. I know, it is not perfect, but do consider this as our maiden attempt and give us time to get better. Keep your comments, feedback and criticism coming, so that we can improve.

For all those doubts, queries etc, I have prepared an FAQ section

Click here.

Special thanks to

jkdas, planet_rocker,black12rr, V-16, TracerBullet, sankar, benny, tsk1979, Burning Heart, rpmx1000, DCEite,Dippy,harishnair, Beejay, Spitfire, recshenoy, pjbiju, rjstyles69, theragingbull, technocrat, kiku007, dodge_v1per, Sudan NFS, Anand123, anekho, deepclutch, k_ajay, ashutoshb, BlackPearl, greatpower, geeash, nkrishnap, kunaldhami, Klubclass, neoonwheels, Shankar.balan, Latheesh, prince-pervz,vinumon, Wolffe, esteem_lover, Whiteknight, sidindica, nickatnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Super duper. Sending out free copies at least during the initial days are bound to see your subscription grow in the later years.

Wish you luck.
It would look like a cunning plan, but let me tell you we do not have any intention to start a subscription plan and sell our magazine at a price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeonwheels View Post
Nice initiative and best of luck for the future.

Quite honestly I find it hard to say anything beyond that since I wouldn't be very amused at the idea of just "free" since most of it is Rephrased Press Releases and rephrased EU magazine articles.

I really want to ask what equipment are you using to test the vehicles?

I work for the same industry but primarily for publications outside India so could easily make out what was lifted from where.
Dear life on wheels,

As you have found out, most of the international news are lifted straight off from press releases. That is what press releases are meant for. I must admit, we do not have the man power or time to write parallel content to what is available, so we chose the easy route of picking up the essence from the various press releases, we get. You can see magazines and website around the world using the same sentences and style, for the very same reason.

Taking that as a constructive feedback, we will try to get more self created content in the news section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Congratulations Vivek. All the best

Just flipped through the e-mag, looks good.

Sorry to nit pick. The Toyoto yaris picture is given under New Toyota Mid sizer. We all know about the Etios Sedan(Rounded Logan), don't we?
kiku,

This issue is the January one, something which we completed in December. At that time, the Etios was not ready. The February issue will carry the Etios story, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_v1per View Post
All the best and I would get one copy soon, So is it available on all the bookstands?
I'm afraid, it is not for newsstand distribution. More of it is explained in the FAQ section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Congrats.I read this Magazine at Concorde Tata Dealer ,Cochin.Never Expected it is published from N.Paravur!
Nice!Especially Print and Paper Quality is really great.
I have sent the copies to most dealerships. But the thing is, mostly the receiver keeps it for personal use rather than for display at the showroom. Your post confirmed that atleast Concorde has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Meanwhile It's real a great pleasure for me to hear that this Magazine is printed from 'God's Own Country'
Off topic, but your Punto HDR looks great !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I too read it. Fantastic quality of content, all upto the point and simple to understand, what we need today.

Wish you all the best!
Due to the big variation in reader's tastes, we have to border on simple language yet meet a discerning enthusiast's requirements. Glad that you liked it.
Old 29th January 2010, 14:31   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

its a very good effort!

takes a pioneering spirit to start something new!

keep at it!

all the best!

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th January 2010 at 14:47. Reason: Hi, please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers. Thanks.
Old 29th January 2010, 14:36   #49
BHPian

Can we have soft copy in form of PDF vivekji05
If we try to save then pages are as per the magazine layout ie difficult to read when picture is spread in two pages and also it allows you to save only 20 pages
Soft copy will help to attract more people
Good effort !!
Old 29th January 2010, 14:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and all the best....e-version is cool, liked it.
Old 29th January 2010, 14:38   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the reply Vivek. I didn't notice that it was the Jan Issue. Since I happened to read it in the last week of jan I assumed it to be Feb issue. My mistake!
I'll check out the Feb issue for sure

BTW you have taken a genuine effort to reply to all of our queries and have given honest replies This attitude is very hard to find these days. Many of them (Car Dealers to the hair pin sellers) reply to these questions/comments defensively.

Last edited by kiku007 : 29th January 2010 at 14:40.
Old 29th January 2010, 14:45   #52
Senior - BHPian

Vivekji, i tried registering on the website but after submitting the details, the page does not get redirected anywhere. Could you plz help me with this?
Old 29th January 2010, 14:58   #53
BHPian

For a guy who recently learnt that the 'wall in a facebook profile' is the same as 'the scrapbook in orkut' I have no idea why that happens. Will ask my guys to follow up.

Last edited by vivekji05 : 29th January 2010 at 15:06.
Old 29th January 2010, 15:17   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Great going Vivek. This couldn't come at a more ironic time, I have been an avid reader of Autocar but never got around subcribing to it. Every month I would go to my local magazine shop and buy both overdrive and autocar. Just when I send out the check to Autocar, I come across this !

The E-magazine looks superb, awaiting the hard copy. Typically when can one expect the magazine to reach mumbai every month?

Last edited by Sahil : 29th January 2010 at 15:27. Reason: ; )
Old 29th January 2010, 15:41   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
For a guy who recently learnt that the 'wall in a facebook profile' is the same as 'the scrapbook in orkut' I have no idea why that happens. Will ask my guys to follow up.
Vivek, along with online copy, also give a pdf copy for easy reading, just like windingroadmagazine does.
Old 29th January 2010, 16:24   #56
Senior - BHPian

Congrats My friend, Vivek. All the very best for the venture. May god bless you !
Old 29th January 2010, 16:29   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
also give a pdf copy for easy reading
While Vivek's fixing (hopefully ) our request for pdf download, there is a workaround I could see in the online edition to save selected pages as pdf. At the moment only limited no. of pages (~20) are allowed to save as pdf in one shot.

Vivek, great job and good luck.
Old 29th January 2010, 16:38   #58
BHPian

Vivek, good initiative.

You may offer the magazine free, but consider charging shipping costs - lest the user lose interest - just my opinion.
Old 29th January 2010, 18:41   #59
BHPian

Kudos on the excellent effort. Can we please have a pdf version for the same ? Like your moto of “ Knowledge is meant to be shared; not sold !. A true motor head.

Last edited by Rotorhead : 29th January 2010 at 18:42.
Old 30th January 2010, 08:31   #60
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and all the best for the new initiative...! Wishing you all success.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks