Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2005, 16:14   #1
BHPian

ALERT!! Rains strike Mumbai again

This may be a little too late, but I just got out of a conference and got the news that Mumbai is flooding again - ONLY IN THE SUBURBS. Out here at Churchgate, there is no rain whatsoever, but the areas of Bandra and beyond have had torrential rain. Roads are jam packed, train services are getting disrupted and some places in the suburbs are flooding up.

To all those who intend to travel to the far suburbs - Please take care and try to sleep over at a friends/relatives place in South Bombay itself. DO NOT DRIVE - Either the traffic or the water logging will make it an impossible affair.

If you require help with accomodation, just reply to this thread with your cell number (preferably before 7 pm) and I will see if something can be arranged.

GTO
Old 9th September 2005, 16:56   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

This is no joke guys,
we were let of from school near mithibhai college at 1 and i just reached home.
It is 4.15 ish right now so that is 3 hours.
There was a major jam till matunga after which we took the road that leads to Prabhadevi via shaman FIAT after which it was clear.
Parts of SV road were flooded.It is smooth sailing from Prabhadevi to town.
Old 9th September 2005, 17:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Its not flooding now. From Bandra till Andheri, there wasn't any water filled anywhere. The situation seems to have stabilized. The rains have stopped. I left from Bandra but no rickshaw wanted to go to Andheri. They all thought that it'd be flooded on Linking Road. Anyways walked for around 20mins and found a rick who was going the same way so he let me in.

Anyways a few points to remember.
If it starts again, please park your vehicles at the side of the road if you intend leaving it. If it stalled, get help from some people on the road to push the car to the side. If you know that its going to get dark when you're on your way, stay over at someone's place close by and then carry on with your journey the next day. Don't go in any by-lanes, because water in these lanes will be more deep. Have a proper meal before going for that long walk. God alone knows that you need it, because of all the precious energy you'll be burning. Since plastics are banned for good and you don't have any plastic, there is very little chance for giving your cell phones, PDA's, cameras, etc any protection.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - Help anyone who needs it. He/she may not ask you for it, but you could always go ahead and help. Offer them anything you can afford to.

Last edited by Gordon : 9th September 2005 at 17:28.
Old 9th September 2005, 17:29   #4
BHPian

try and buy lots of ready to eat food from any groceries which are near by. becareful brothers
Old 9th September 2005, 17:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

I just got home.....the situation is returning to normal. However there are lot of traffic jams on the eastern express highway from chembur onwards towards vt. It took me 3 hrs to reach vt from chembur...with lots of diversions...but rest assured things are getting back to normal slowly...even the trains are running about 15-20 mins late on all the lines.

Drifter
Old 10th September 2005, 02:06   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring
If you require help with accomodation, just reply to this thread with your cell number (preferably before 7 pm) and I will see if something can be arranged.
GTO
that is such a great gesture. cheers man
Old 11th September 2005, 03:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider
that is such a great gesture. cheers man

. A great gesture indeed.so caring and helpful !! really good to hear that there always is some there always willing to lend a helping hand.

Rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks