Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 08:25   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
This could be a blessing in disguise for some people( read me). The already low resale value of Fusion would travel south some more and who knows i might get a TDCI Fusion at some good price next year.As they say somebody's loss is somebody's gain...
Not very sure how accurate would this assumption be. I know someone who just paid a slight premium for a used Fusion just a week back when he was told he could not buy a new one.

I think Fusion was way ahead of its time. It stacks up fairly well even against current day hatches (except for styling, which is subjective). Its just that, only now people are okay to spend 7L upwards on a hatch.

Believe me there are more buyers in waiting to get a used Fusion than sellers. I found it the hard way when I had to search for almost 6+ months to find one.
Old 11th February 2010, 15:30   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Honestly the fusion was no match for the fiat adventure considering they were in the same bracket but thats another story altogether
Interesting observation / view-point! In what way?
Old 11th February 2010, 19:57   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Interesting observation / view-point! In what way?
+1
I had the same question, would be very interesting to know more on this.
Old 11th February 2010, 20:15   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Get an adventure and drive it. Cant explain it. And glifford, i figured after all the time you took to buy your fusion and benchmarking them with fiats you should know
Old 12th February 2010, 14:58   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Get an adventure and drive it. Cant explain it. And glifford, i figured after all the time you took to buy your fusion and benchmarking them with fiats you should know
Ha ha ha! You made a blanket statement like "no match" hence I wondered why.

Now that I figured who you are I know where it comes from :P

Yes certainly the FIATs feel more plush and have better ride. Of course the looks (subjective) of the Adventure are better. I personally prefer the Adventure as it looks a lot more butch with all that cladding and metal. And then it had the minor Traditional FIAT strengths that I miss in a Fusion like the Double Barrel Headlamps, 0 fan setting AC and the gear know collar for reverse.

But then it stops there. The Fusion is superior in space, ground clearance (a big thing in the kind of vehicles they aim to be), power and efficiency (mileage). And neither of them have all wheel drive (or even the limited slip differential that the "Locker" has).

I guess the best person to comment on this, would be Gemi Thomas himself. As he has seen the best of both worlds (cars). He can tell you the subtle differences between both (as he told me).

Don't get me wrong, still hold FIATs in high regard. Just went with a friend to check out a Petra on sale. If it was there when I was looking, I would have bought it without thinking twice!
Old 12th February 2010, 15:14   #66
BHPian

Fusion is removed from thier website aswell .. good car and good VFM
Old 12th February 2010, 15:17   #67
Senior - BHPian

was just browsing through Ford India site for more info on limited edition fiesta and i happened to see that they have removed Fushion from their listings.

So its officialy discontinued now?

EDIT: Didnt see that this info already posted arjuna.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford to phase out Fusion. EDIT: Now Phased out-fushion.jpg  

Old 12th February 2010, 18:52   #68
Team-BHP Support

Ask me ! (I am an owner). I bought it the same year it was launched (I have a Fusion + petrol). At least till date I have not repented that decision one bit. My car is now 5 years old and done 65K. I hope to carry on for another 2 years at least before I change.

Terrific space/offer for what I wanted. Also on the long drives, I have been getting a FE of 18 (without AC). Even today in the city I get a mileage of 12-14!

My only hope is that I get spare parts, while the car is phased out. As is, the parts are costly. They will rise further .
Old 12th February 2010, 19:32   #69
BHPian

Interesting news. The Fusion was a confusing car. I mean, i did not know if it was a hatch back, a MPV, a crossover or what. It was a mix of all. Space was its middle name and quite a rugged car too. Interestingly, What Car magazine stated it had no 'Inner Vision' and that it was 'Characterless'. Overall it was a nice weekend getaway ride! Maybe Ford will replace it with a new breed.
Old 12th February 2010, 23:46   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Interesting news. The Fusion was a confusing car. I mean, i did not know if it was a hatch back, a MPV, a crossover or what. It was a mix of all.Maybe Ford will replace it with a new breed.
Well,the Fusion was..well indeed a 'fusion'!
Yeah,lets hope,and hope hard that the new bread is going to the Euro Fiesta already doing testing on Indian roads!
Old 13th February 2010, 00:09   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Interesting news. The Fusion was a confusing car. I mean, i did not know if it was a hatch back, a MPV, a crossover or what. What Car magazine stated it had no 'Inner Vision' and that it was 'Characterless'.
Ford India made all the problems from the beginning. the market was not mature enough to receive the car. just look at it in Europe, same design...selling pretty well. again the same design goes to USA & wins truck of the year '10 & later as a cab.

have a look-
Ford to phase out Fusion. EDIT: Now Phased out-1.jpg

Ford to phase out Fusion. EDIT: Now Phased out-2.jpg
source-Fusion Overview

the awful habit of FORD of bringing in older cars with a facelift made a mess with all vehicles (how ugly the indian fords are compared to ford USA, Europe, Australia) & specially the fusion. if they could have made it more Indian, people would have had less confusion.

Ford should have stopped it in the 1st place & brought in the focus and the mondeo.

Last edited by amit V8 : 13th February 2010 at 00:19.
Old 14th February 2010, 16:45   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
Ford India made all the problems from the beginning. the market was not mature enough to receive the car. just look at it in Europe, same design...selling pretty well. again the same design goes to USA & wins truck of the year '10 & later as a cab.
While what you write about the EU version is true. This car is not present in the US. The US version is a whole different car, with no relation at all with the EU version. Except for the name.
Old 16th February 2010, 20:14   #73
BHPian

The last nail in the coffin courtesy a news article

Ford India to phase out Fusion with launch of Figo- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

from

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1735693
Old 17th February 2010, 18:15   #74
BHPian

A mother who killed her child

After knowing that ford is finally phasing the fusion, i feel like being knocked on my face. Its only 2.5 yrs when i bought my diesel fusion n still feels new, but it no longer will be available in market. I blame the parent company for its untimely demise. They never marketed, never promoted the car properly. Spare availability was pathetic when the car was available, n when it is phased out, i can foresee the coming conditions. Ford never thought of its existing customers. Profits apart, by this action they are increasing their unsatisfied customer base in India.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:31   #75
BHPian

in my view Fusion is a nice car if they can relaunch it with new look, bigger wheels positioning as a 4X2 SUV. It sad that we do'nt have a decent small affordable SUV in the class of Tucon/Sportage/HRV/Terios(new) with a diesel engine @ 5.75 -7 laks. I wish MM or Tata come up with something in that lines. PAL SUV is too small and primitive for that matter.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed