Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2008, 13:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

was very interested too but ended up getting the palio since it was a lac and a half cheaper and you cant really ignore that
Old 13th November 2008, 14:33   #17
BHPian

Count me in too,to the list of those people who wanted to buy a fusion but ended up with the palio instead.

Ford dealers were least interested in selling the vehicle.and perhaps that coupled with the pricing killed the excellent product that it was!!
Old 13th November 2008, 14:48   #18
BHPian

no hard feeling to fusion owners or lovers but i think i was waiting for this day!!
its better to stop the model than keep it suffering from negative signs projected to others!!i myself had a bad image about it but started with that better feel factor because of reviews read.
Old 13th November 2008, 18:21   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

It was never going to be a sales success with that kind of pricing and confused image (Hatch? Car? SUV?). Ford did try to revive it with a diesel engine et all, obviously it wasn't enough. From a business standpoint, good decision in snapping the Fusions production. This will allow Ford to focus (pun intended) on more important projects.

Starting with the well-priced facelift Ikon diesel?
Old 13th November 2008, 18:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It was never going to be a sales success with that kind of pricing and confused image (Hatch? Car? SUV?).
Completely agree. I was stunned when I heard and saw some ads for fusion. It says I am very much a bangalorean etc.. and goes on to define it can take on the potholes well, and other stuff. I just hated those ads as much as I hated to see them. No offence intended to the fusion lovers.

But the Ford fusion I saw in stuttgart, Germany was too good. It offered three rows of seating and was looking much much bettr than this Indian one.
Old 13th November 2008, 20:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
But the Ford fusion I saw in stuttgart, Germany was too good. It offered three rows of seating and was looking much much bettr than this Indian one.
Ford fusion sold in germany is not different from what we have here.
Checkout the link Ford :: Ford Fusion :: Im Überblick-

Last edited by Guna : 13th November 2008 at 20:32.
Old 13th November 2008, 21:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Ford fusion sold in germany is not different from what we have here.
Checkout the link Ford :: Ford Fusion :: Im Überblick-
I was talking about the one previous to 2003. that was looking good, may be now it is the same.
Old 13th November 2008, 21:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It was never going to be a sales success with that kind of pricing and confused image (Hatch? Car? SUV?). Ford did try to revive it with a diesel engine et all, obviously it wasn't enough. From a business standpoint, good decision in snapping the Fusions production. This will allow Ford to focus (pun intended) on more important projects.

Starting with the well-priced facelift Ikon diesel?
Very right and agree fully. Basically the Fusion never had a clear customer target segment. And NO positioning at all (I do not want to call the positioning as improper) to be successful.
Old 13th November 2008, 21:33   #24
BHPian

Fusion IMO is a very good car as most others discussing on this thread feel. It should have been priced correctly. The price of the car , Ford's bad reputation in A.S.S all added to it.
Old 13th November 2008, 21:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

It was a utility car sitting in the image segment.

I say bring in the KUGA, it looks hot.
Old 14th November 2008, 12:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I was talking about the one previous to 2003. that was looking good, may be now it is the same.
To my knowledge there is no previous model to Europian Fusion. Of course you have North American Fusion which is actaully a sedan.
You may have mistaken some other car.

Fusion is a non-conventional car not fitting in to any of the popular stereotypes. But there are people like me (who traded a NHC) who think it can do whatever a conventional sedan can and something more and find the concept very appealing.

If Ford thought this was going to be a mass selling car, they were totally wrong. My impression was that, Ford was selling this as a niche product and had the targets on the same lines.

There is also general thought that this was overpriced but going by the sheer size, weight and specifications I dont know if this can be priced like other hatchbacks.

Last edited by Guna : 14th November 2008 at 12:33.
Old 14th November 2008, 14:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I am sad to see it go away. That is the only small car with high GC in India. The only other one was Fiat Adventure, that too was discontinued.
Fusion was never considered as a small car (even though Ford reduced it to less than 4 mts), may be because of the price and the way Ford marketed Fusion. The car never figured in my friends and relatives' small car purchase decisions. After seeing your post, I realise now that Fusion can be categorized as a small car.
Old 14th November 2008, 14:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
To my knowledge there is no previous model to Europian Fusion. Of course you have North American Fusion which is actaully a sedan.
You may have mistaken some other car.

You are right, I checked through my collection of photographs. That was a galaxy and not fusion
Old 14th November 2008, 14:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiyags22 View Post
Fusion was never considered as a small car (even though Ford reduced it to less than 4 mts), may be because of the price and the way Ford marketed Fusion. The car never figured in my friends and relatives' small car purchase decisions. After seeing your post, I realise now that Fusion can be categorized as a small car.
This is precisely the point about wrong positioning. I remember during the initial days of launch, the sales executives were even trying to upsell Ikon prospects to Fusion.
Old 14th November 2008, 14:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
This is precisely the point about wrong positioning. I remember during the initial days of launch, the sales executives were even trying to upsell Ikon prospects to Fusion.
It should have been priced at par (if not lower) to the Ikon. This knowing the Indian sentiment (and lust) for 3 box sedans. It would have been fine even if they had to trim down the equipment levels for this (it is pretty loaded otherwise). A base version with black bumpers and power nothing would have been nice if priced a whisker below the Ikon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed