Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 14:01   #46

Hi Folks,

thanks for the inputs...I guess that means one has to abandon going in for the Fusion. I guess the next closest would be the Figo. I was impressed by the review by GTO.

regards

Jai.
Old 5th February 2010, 18:48   #47
BHPian

Its official - Ford Fusion has stopped production. I went to Pune - Planet ford today and the guy told me I cant book it !!! Though for some reason, it still shows up on their web site. May be they do not have the money to update the site???

Anyways - always thought it was a good car and when I finally got my heart over my mind, there it goes....
Old 5th February 2010, 22:50   #48
kkg
BHPian

This could be a blessing in disguise for some people( read me). The already low resale value of Fusion would travel south some more and who knows i might get a TDCI Fusion at some good price next year.As they say somebody's loss is somebody's gain...
Old 6th February 2010, 18:05   #49
BHPian

What are the kind of discounts being offered with this phase out?
Old 7th February 2010, 09:31   #50
BHPian

There are no discounts cos there are no cars anymore ! They told me I could check with other dealers out of Pune who might have stock, but that seemed highly improbable...
Old 8th February 2010, 08:59   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Its official - Ford Fusion has stopped production. I went to Pune - Planet ford today and the guy told me I cant book it !!! Though for some reason, it still shows up on their web site. May be they do not have the money to update the site???

Anyways - always thought it was a good car and when I finally got my heart over my mind, there it goes....
Sad to see it go! Some 15 Months after this thread was started! I am sure with the latest equipment levels (Airbags, Stereo etc). it may have lingered on. But I guess the Indian buying public was no longer interested in it. Ford's fault primarily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapss View Post
What are the kind of discounts being offered with this phase out?
They are hard to find. For almost a year they have been almost made to order. You couldn't buy one off the shelf. You had to place an order and wait for 3 odd weeks. And you could place an order only after strong dealer deterrence. So unlikely they would have excess stock to deal with!
Old 8th February 2010, 10:13   #52
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

yet another example of a massive marketing mess up!
a great vehicle, priced wrongly, marketed badly and killed in the process!
Old 8th February 2010, 11:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Ford's fault primarily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
yet another example of a massive marketing mess up!
a great vehicle, priced wrongly, marketed badly and killed in the process!
I belive Ford did what they could. Vehicle did not apeal to the majority of the buyres here. It is a car which had cabin space more then some sedans, substantial luggage space and many other advantages over a normal 3 boxed cars but obviously buyers priorities are something else.
Old 8th February 2010, 12:25   #54
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good consumer marketing requires the ability to tap into consumer psyche and to market the product to consumers in the most effective manner taking into account that psyche.

yes it was a nice vehicle I agree but even I didnt buy it when I was in the market 2 years ago, since I felt that it didnt have as much space as I wanted in a vehicle for the same money!

everything else about it appealed strongly - responsive diesel engine, high clearance, ABS etc etc.

additionally the pricing was all off target - it just wasnt able to inspire consumers to buy it at such prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I belive Ford did what they could. Vehicle did not apeal to the majority of the buyres here. It is a car which had cabin space more then some sedans, substantial luggage space and many other advantages over a normal 3 boxed cars but obviously buyers priorities are something else.
Old 8th February 2010, 13:57   #55
BHPian

Can't say that the pricing was totally wrong. It may have been on the higher side. But it was a nice package for that price considering the space, a good diesel engine, good build and the driving characteristics of a Ford. Especially the diesel version. But our typical inclination towards sedans was the reason for it's failure.

And yeah, neither did the marketing strategies help. They would have been more successful if they had aggressively marketed it in the beginning. In India, the initial response to a car largely decides it's existence because people tend to follow the crowd. Many (not the enthusiasts like us) don't know even today that such a car exists.
Old 8th February 2010, 14:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Can't say that the pricing was totally wrong. It may have been on the higher side. But it was a nice package for that price considering the space, a good diesel engine, good build and the driving characteristics of a Ford. Especially the diesel version. But our typical inclination towards sedans was the reason for it's failure.
I think that pricing was not an issue, especially after they relaunched the face-lifted version.

Just compare it with it's own slibling Fiesta:
  • Fusion cabin is more spacious then Fiesta.
  • Fusion has the luggage area of 337 lts against 430 lts of Fiesta. But, in Fusion you have the flexibility and extend the luggae space to 1176 lts, if you ever need.
  • Fiesta offers better ride and handling but Fusion has very good GC required for our road conditions
  • Fusion is heavier then Fiesta by few kiols (just to point out that it requires as much metal)
  • Fusion matches the Fiesta feature by feature except the airbags that are available on the top end
Now, how and why Fusion needed to be priced below Fiesta?
Just that people are ready to pay extra for a boot, which is a different matter altogether.

I read that Maruti is considering selling SX4 hatchback here. I can see some challenging time positioning the car. It cannnot be sold for less the 7.5 lakhs onroad but people will have their eyes set on Desire at that price.
Old 10th February 2010, 21:27   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post

Okay...finally got the first official HINT that the conFusion has ended...checked the Ford website and saw that the Fusion was finally not being shown on it.
Now to wait for the Figo details to show up!
Old 10th February 2010, 22:30   #58
Team-BHP Support

I loved this car to bits and if i could afford, would definitely own one, the 1.6 petrol one
Old 10th February 2010, 22:39   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly the fusion was no match for the fiat adventure considering they were in the same bracket but thats another story altogether
Old 10th February 2010, 22:47   #60
Senior - BHPian

So none of the dealers have them for sale?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks