Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2005, 10:51   #31
Team-BHP Support

Threads merged.

Hey Amit, check out This thread Will be of interest to you.

Last edited by Rtech : 10th September 2005 at 10:57.
Old 10th September 2005, 12:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring
And yes, please equip the Endeavour with a common rail diesel engine. It is the ONLY SUV with an old fashioned powerplant whereas everyone from Scorpios to Safaris also have CRDi variants.

GTO
The CRDi for the Endeavour is due within the next few months. I read an interview in auto-monitor and the CEO confirmed that the CRDi is soon going to grace the Endeavour engine bay !
Old 10th September 2005, 13:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
The CRDi for the Endeavour is due within the next few months. I read an interview in auto-monitor and the CEO confirmed that the CRDi is soon going to grace the Endeavour engine bay !
How soon would that be, they just made the current engine euro compliant? I know this is a stupid question but given a 2 lac plus price difference between the Safari Dicor VX 4X4 & the Endeavour XLT 4X4, what would you go for? Expert opinions valued
Old 11th September 2005, 14:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

The new world car is coming with 75% of localisation. The petrol engine and the gearbox will be made locally. the diesel power plant TDCi will be imported intially from europe .

The endeavour will soon get a CRDi engine might not be the same engine as the new model but same technology.

All above - Im quoting from an interview of Mr. Arvind Mathew , MD & President Ford India in Auto Monitor.

And Suman to answer your question about choosing between the Endeavour and Safari Dicor 4x4 versions , I would go for the Ford Endeavour anyday.

Cheers

Last edited by normally_crazy : 11th September 2005 at 14:37.
Old 11th September 2005, 15:11   #35
BHPian

Ford should really work on pricing factor, eg the fusion which is priced quite high , if it had been in the 4.5 -5.5 L barrier it would have been a killer !

Till then wait nd watch
Old 18th September 2005, 01:51   #36

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

finally the news is official ,ford is going to launch the car by de 2005 and they have named it ford falcon......hope it looks as sporty as the ikon.....cant wait to c it..
Old 18th September 2005, 01:54   #37
BANNED

amazing dude...i dont know why i have a strong feeling that this car is really going to rock....
Old 18th September 2005, 03:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

Falcon ? arrghh hey already have a Ford Sedan named the falcon dont they ? ..
has the car design been revealed yet ?
Old 18th September 2005, 04:03   #39

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
Falcon ? arrghh hey already have a Ford Sedan named the falcon dont they ? ..
has the car design been revealed yet ?
yup they do...though its a different car but its sold by the same name in australia...do check it out....its a beauty

Last edited by hellspawn : 18th September 2005 at 04:05.
Old 18th September 2005, 04:31   #40
BANNED

youguys have any link to check out the pics of this car....really wanna check it out man
Old 18th September 2005, 04:46   #41
Senior - BHPian

i think its the crown victoria sold as the falcon in Australia

Quote:
youguys have any link to check out the pics of this car....really wanna check it out man
closest team-bhp has got to is this ..
http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/J...71-12714/1.jpg..
this has been discussed in a previous thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...highlight=b376
.. further on this should be taken there ..
cheers
Old 18th September 2005, 10:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
How soon would that be, they just made the current engine euro compliant? I know this is a stupid question but given a 2 lac plus price difference between the Safari Dicor VX 4X4 & the Endeavour XLT 4X4, what would you go for? Expert opinions valued
Depends on what your application is. The Endeavour's 4X4 capabilities are reportedly below that of the soft-roader X-Trail in a 4X4 slugfest featured in one of our magazines recently.

The Safari is also a much more comfortable vehicle - whether to sit in or drive around in - because the Endeavour's ride quality is lousy.

However, I'm sure the Endeavour's fit and finish is way above the Safari's and it is hopefully free from niggling problems as those found in the Safari (though one never knows, because its a Ford...)

The Endeavour CRDi should also be more powerful than the DiCOR since the current Endeavour already produces the same output (BHP) as the Safari.

However, the Safari should be cheaper to maintain. Much cheaper, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 18th September 2005, 12:23   #43
BHPian

the article pointed to by the provided link above says the "sigma" engine which also powers the fusion is designed by YAMAHA !!!!

?????
Old 18th September 2005, 20:00   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
just read the article. The impression i get is it has been developed the same way Ikon and endeavour were developed. I am waiting for more information.
Developed?? Ikon is just an old model Ford Fiesta thats 3 generations behind + boot !!
Old 18th September 2005, 22:04   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival
Developed?? Ikon is just an old model Ford Fiesta thats 3 generations behind + boot !!
As the Endeavour is the Ranger truck + boot...

The 'New' Ford is nothing but the latest Fiesta with yet another boot. And its going to sell alongside the old Ikon.

But I suppose its too much of a chance for Ford to take by replacing the only model that sells in India. They'd much rather experiment with the new model and rely on ageing Josh in the meanwhile.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks