Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2005, 22:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

The booted Fiesta already exists and is being sold in Turkey/Brazil etc. Wonder why Ford is making a big deal out of this car....could be further modified.
Old 18th September 2005, 23:28   #47

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Wonder why Ford is making a big deal out of this car....could be further modified.
bro its a big deal cos as ford puts it,its a brand new car made for india(first) and then it will be sold in the world.usually most of the cars that manufacturers bring out r usually launched in detroit,shanghai,etc motorshows....but this is the first time(from my knowledge) that an international car maker is launching a car first in india and then the rest of the world......that has to be a big thing considering indians are hard customers to please.also they are plonking their 1.4,68ps duratorq TDCi diesel engine followed by a 1.6 petrol engine.now a common rail engine from ford has to be a big deal...... what say bro...and on top of that the diesel engine will have similar part throttle responses as the 1.6 rocam in the ikon........woohoo....man im drooling......awesome power with awesome f.e.(all the ppl with their chequebooks out....raise their hands)

Last edited by hellspawn : 18th September 2005 at 23:31.
Old 19th September 2005, 11:18   #48
BHPian

i would like to know more about this car, so pls if any one hasd any pictures pls forward
Old 19th September 2005, 11:42   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
bro its a big deal cos as ford puts it,its a brand new car made for india(first) and then it will be sold in the world.usually most of the cars that manufacturers bring out r usually launched in detroit,shanghai,etc motorshows....but this is the first time(from my knowledge) that an international car maker is launching a car first in india and then the rest of the world......
You really believe that the new Fiesta with a boot is a brand new car made for India? If so, the Ikon should take the honour since it is the old Fiesta with a boot, made for India.
Old 19th September 2005, 14:12   #50
BHPian

The latest Top Gear has pictures of what they think is the new Ford C segmenter. Check it out because it looks like a realistic possibility

GTO
Old 19th September 2005, 14:15   #51
BHPian

travelling from bangalore to madras, some where after kanchipuram, saw two heavily camouflaged cars. Cell phone was not good enough to take pics. They were roughly of ikon, accent size.
Old 22nd September 2005, 12:52   #52
BHPian

The soon to be launched Ford is seen everyday on the streets of Chennai...ofcourse in disguise.I did not have a cam to take pictures.So,Chennai BHPians,click some pics...
Old 24th October 2005, 15:31   #53
Team-BHP Support

Official photographs of the Ford are in the latest issue of BS Motoring and Top Gear. Neat, no risk design if you ask me. Just like the Ikon was. Prices starting from Rs.6 lakhs they say.

Last edited by Rtech : 24th October 2005 at 15:33.
Old 24th October 2005, 15:35   #54
BHPian

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
However, the Safari should be cheaper to maintain. Much cheaper, if I'm not mistaken.
dear sreroid,

i was checking out the Dicor yesterday in Chennai and learnt that the ABS is available only in the top end Disel version.
Does oyur dicor has the ABS??
Old 24th October 2005, 15:37   #55
Team-BHP Support

oops. Forgot this thread has been in discussion for a long time now on This Thread . Continue the discussion there please.

Thread locked.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks