Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2010, 09:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Just saved me the effort to go to Atria for a TD. While the old one was still a contender, I think I can confidently strike this one off.
Old 16th February 2010, 12:35   #47
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I think they have started delivering the New Outlander. I saw one in White color in my colony today morning. It was parked in one of the houses whose owner is a car dealer.

What surprises me the most is; what is a new outlander doing in the car dealers garage?

I dont think he has bought it for himself. He is known for buying cars in advance and than selling them at a premium for the likes of Nano, Fortuner etc. Guess he has already made an investment in the new Outlander? Too confusing.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 16th February 2010 at 12:37.
Old 16th February 2010, 12:42   #48
Team-BHP Support

i think this car with 17" or 18" rims would look kickassss.
Old 16th February 2010, 22:00   #49
BHPian

Its definitely launched.

I saw one on road today.
Old 16th February 2010, 22:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

What went wrong with the Outlander? Is it coz it cost 20lac OTR and its a petrol? or coz they don't market it much?

SumitBahl: the demo car?
Old 16th February 2010, 22:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
What went wrong with the Outlander?
IMO Mitsubishi can't expect tog et away with launching a model 3-4 years after talks of it first surfaced in the market. The brand had deteriorated by then. Same with the Lancer.

Quote:
Is it coz it cost 20lac OTR...
OTR Mumbai for the pre-facelift was 24.39L.

Quote:
...and its a petrol?
Mostly, yes.

Quote:
or coz they don't market it much?
I quite like their ad campaign actually, especially the photography and images. Maybe not quite successful in capturing the fancy of the market. They advertise regularly though.
Old 17th February 2010, 07:25   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
or coz they don't market it much?
They did market it extensively, at least in the print. I remember Outlander ads in prime spaces like back covers of some popular magazines.
CVT also seem to have negative perceptions, which may have prevented some potential buyers.
Old 17th February 2010, 22:30   #53
BHPian

Quote:
SumitBahl: the demo car?
Definitely not.
It had temporary registration.
Old 17th February 2010, 23:52   #54
Senior - BHPian

The hood looks like a pregnant woman's belly.
Never been a great fan of the LED tail-lamp either.

Maybe a Diesel and developing some brand equity can help sell this one.
Old 19th February 2010, 16:05   #55
BHPian

I got to drive around a bit in the new Outlander 2010 demo car yesterday, here are some pictures (taken on a camera phone).

In my opinion, the new Outlander 2010 is a stunner when you see it physically, it looks more wider and aggressive with the new grill.
New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-img00013201002181640.jpg

So what is that are we missing out in India compared to the international version (US & Europe)
• 3L V6 with 6 speed AT (In India we got the 2.4L CVT/easy on the gas).
• Super AWC with ASC (active stability control)/ to reduce cost, Mitsu India omitted ESP (even a similarly priced Captiva AT provides ESP).
• And of course we get only 2 airbags (even hatches in India has 6 airbags for top end versions)
• A lumbar support, even a manual on is very badly missing

Not all is bad though, the new grill redefines the car, looks amazingly different. New headlamp assembly with ASF is quite a looker, silver roof rails completes the charter of the car.
inside, beige interiors with black and leather dash trims makes the car look more spacious. Turn the key fob and you won’t even notice the engine has started (compare that to a Fortuner, all that growl and vibrations from the transmission reminds me of a tractor; don’t get me wrong, it has the looks but no luxury though / Innova level at best).
The paddle shifters are fun to play with, a 17 inch alloy would have looked better but for Indian roads, I think the high profile (16”) would do good.
The cooled glove box may not be that practical, but a nice touch; kids can keep their candies from melting.

Currently booked one with Southern Motors in Bangalore and waiting for the delivery, demo was fairly detailed and the sales person (Kiran) is very knowledgeable and explained all the new additions.
Initially I was apprehensive about the dealership, but sales process and interacting with folks there went very smooth, even Mitsubishi has direct visibility in to their operations which I am glad to hear. Folks at Mitsubishi was very helpful in providing all the details to hold off my decision to book a crossover (in anticipation of the 2010 model). Hope the ownership experience and service part would be as good as the initial interactions. Will keep you posted once I have the vehicle and has put on some miles.

New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-img00014201002181640.jpg

New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-img00015201002181641.jpg

New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-img00016201002181642.jpg

New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-img00017201002181642.jpg

New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-img00018201002181644.jpg

enjoy…
sknair
Old 19th February 2010, 16:27   #56
Senior - BHPian

I'll take your word for it, although from dead ahead it still looks incredibly stupid in the pics.
Old 19th February 2010, 16:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

@sknair->
Congratulations in advance for the new ride. Me too thinks it looks stunning, aggressive and above all, diferent from normal SUVs. I have watched videos of this machine on the US Mitsu Website and it is quite a sight-stopper on the road.

Are you taking white color or any other color?
Old 19th February 2010, 16:44   #58
Senior - BHPian

The front grills looks aggressively. Reminds me of Evo-X.

sknair: Congrats on the booking. What is the on-road price,freebies etc?
Did you book AT/MT?
What is the black thing located next to the middle head-rest?

Last edited by Ramsagar : 19th February 2010 at 16:47.
Old 19th February 2010, 17:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
So what is that are we missing out in India compared to the international version (US & Europe)
• 3L V6 with 6 speed AT (In India we got the 2.4L CVT/easy on the gas).
• Super AWC with ASC (active stability control)/ to reduce cost, Mitsu India omitted ESP (even a similarly priced Captiva AT provides ESP).
• And of course we get only 2 airbags (even hatches in India has 6 airbags for top end versions)
• A lumbar support, even a manual on is very badly missing

Currently booked one with Southern Motors in Bangalore and waiting for the delivery, demo was fairly detailed and the sales person (Kiran) is very knowledgeable and explained all the new additions.
@sknair, congrats on booking the car. Which colour did you book?
In Europe, they also get a 5+2 seater version, and of course diesel option.
I thought even 6 speed AT available in Europe is also CVT (INVECS III)
Are you OK wih the so called 'ruber band effect' which is supposed to spoil the show to some extent?
Old 19th February 2010, 17:59   #60
BHPian

I booked a cool silver, we have only one option in India (2.4 CVT). in the US there is a proper AT version on the 3 liter V6. btw. the black thing between the back left headrests is the seat belt holder for the 3 point seatbelt.
from my test drives, I did not feel the so called rubber band effect, just like any other AT (unless its dual clutch), there is a slight lag before the power comes, but not that noticeable. if you need an immediate power surge to do a quick overtaking maneuver on the highway, just flick on the left paddle, kick down is instantaneous. also the ride quality is very good, very close to CRV with more off-road capabilities (compared to CRV AT) and cheaper too. on road BLR price is 23.95L (ex. showroom 19.95L).
btw. we still do not have the 7 seater option in India due to the full spare tyre restrictions imposed by ARAI and no diesel either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks