Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2010, 21:42   #61
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations in Advance mate!
Outlander IMHO is the best SUV in its segment. I still maintain nothing comes close to this increadible machine. Its one car which you can take to the parties as well as do offroading with (best for both)! I am sure it will look wicked in Silver. I personally like blue but that again is a seasonal colour not a good in long run. Although, I have had an opportunity to lay my hands on the Montero, I am still looking forward to drive this thing. I am sure it will be a dream!

I will look forward to a loooong initial ownership report,

the O U T L A N DER - i just love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
I booked a cool silver, we have only one option in India (2.4 CVT). in the US there is a proper AT version on the 3 liter V6.

The V6 must be a stonker. But its hard to sell 2.4 petrol in India, a 3.0 V6 wont even sell in double digits over any single month.

btw. the black thing between the back left headrests is the seat belt holder for the 3 point seatbelt.

from my test drives, I did not feel the so called rubber band effect, just like any other AT (unless its dual clutch),

Aren't we talking about the Mitsubishi, How can the rubbery thing come in.

there is a slight lag before the power comes, but not that noticeable. if you need an immediate power surge to do a quick overtaking maneuver on the highway, just flick on the left paddle, kick down is instantaneous. also the ride quality is very good, very close to CRV with more off-road capabilities (compared to CRV AT) and cheaper too. on road BLR price is 23.95L (ex. showroom 19.95L).

btw. we still do not have the 7 seater option in India due to the full spare tyre restrictions imposed by ARAI and no diesel either.

A diesel engine can work wonders for Mitsubishi, but do they listen.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 19th February 2010 at 21:44.
Old 19th February 2010, 21:52   #62
BHPian

Here are a few pictures i clicked at Chd. AUTO EXPO.
I quite like this color.
I have already seen the new outlander in this color on road with temp registration.
Attached Thumbnails
New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-img_2039.jpg  

New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-img_2040.jpg  

New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-img_2041.jpg  

New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-img_2042.jpg  

Old 20th February 2010, 00:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

Surprisingly i haven't seen a single advert of the new Outlander! Neither has any Auto show covered the launch. Is Mitsubishi not interested in selling their vehicle? I think they really need a new PR team.
Old 20th February 2010, 00:42   #64
Senior - BHPian

i saw the outlander yesterday & let me tell you it looks far better than the pictures. not as good as the previous one but certainly a looker. the problem is the front is too elongated compared to the whole car.

but from the front it reminds the evo X. when HM...when??
Old 20th February 2010, 09:27   #65
BHPian

Thanks Gaurav, I will definitely post a detailed initial ownership report...
Looks like Mitsu India is launching the outlander officially in the first week of March, some of the dealerships may still have the old model I assume...

Mitsu india website has been down for about 2 weeks (to upgrade!, gosh, they got to seriously get a good IT vendor). Just for fun I called up their Chennai plant and some one in sales and marketing spoke to me. I asked them about the website being down for too long and wanted to check on some product etc, first reaction from the sales person was, "so what"?; amazing!!. then they took my number and promised to call me back after checking with the IT dept (this was few days ago).
Mitsu India really got to up thier game, if they really want to sell premium vehicles. Consolation is that, Mitsubishi still makes very good cars... lets hope for the best.
sknair.
Old 25th February 2010, 13:27   #66
Senior - BHPian

website is up and running, yet still no info on new outlander or cedia sports basic.

Mitsubishi
Old 25th February 2010, 14:07   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
website is up and running, yet still no info on new outlander or cedia sports basic.

Mitsubishi
But the website has not been updated. The Montero shown is still the pre- FL one. One year after its launch, Mitsubishi still don't care to update that? Talk about commitment to prospective customers!
Old 28th February 2010, 23:46   #68
BHPian

What the Outlander needs is a Diesel heart. Like the new X-trail.
Dunno why CR-V and Outlander not available in Diesel, would definitely sell better.
I really like the Outlander but not buying it due to petrol engine. If it were available with tourquey diesel, would buy it in a flash.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 1st March 2010, 00:24   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackyash View Post
What the Outlander needs is a Diesel heart. Like the new X-trail.
Dunno why CR-V and Outlander not available in Diesel, would definitely sell better.
I really like the Outlander but not buying it due to petrol engine. If it were available with tourquey diesel, would buy it in a flash.
Just my 2 cents.
I am surprised that this info is still not here..

The March 2010 issue of Overdrive has stated that they have been told by Mitsubishi that a diesel Outlander will be launched in India in by October 2010.

Here is what has been reported by Overdrive after a description of the new EVO front Outlander. “Mitsubishi has also revealed to Overdrive that it will start selling the diesel Outlander in India by October 2010. The engine likely us a 2.0-litre turbodiesel good for 140PS and 228 Nm. Expect to see a six-speed manual and six-speed automatic.”

Also, Overdrive has revealed that Mitsubishi will launch new Pajero Sport in mid 2010 to rival to the Fortuner. This Pajero will be based on Mitsubishi’s Triton pick-up platform. Just gonna start a new thread on the same.

If the company manages to price the two cars well and also market them well, they will be bigger hits than the Fortuner!

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 1st March 2010 at 00:30.
Old 1st March 2010, 08:21   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
The March 2010 issue of Overdrive has stated that they have been told by Mitsubishi that a diesel Outlander will be launched in India in by October 2010.

Here is what has been reported by Overdrive after a description of the new EVO front Outlander. “Mitsubishi has also revealed to Overdrive that it will start selling the diesel Outlander in India by October 2010. The engine likely us a 2.0-litre turbodiesel good for 140PS and 228 Nm. Expect to see a six-speed manual and six-speed automatic.”
I am dying to believe this
Old 1st March 2010, 18:46   #71
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrat Sknair, we look forward to your report! As long as you are okay with a petrol engine, the Outlander is a very competent car-like SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Its one car which you can take to the parties as well as do offroading with (best for both)!
Just to clarify : The Outlander is NOT an offroader, and its not the best for this purpose either. The Outlander is only a soft-roader. Translated, it can handle pedestrian levels of slush & muck occasionally, but don't think of off-roading in one.
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just to clarify : The Outlander is NOT an offroader, and its not the best for this purpose either. The Outlander is only a soft-roader. Translated, it can handle pedestrian levels of slush & muck occasionally, but don't think of off-roading in one.
Definately, it doesnt even come close to Offroaders including Fortuner, pajero, endeavour or the x-trail. What I meant to say was that apart from being a good city SUV, Outlander can also do a bit of offroading (can handle pedestrian levels of slush & muck occasionally as you describe). I was comparing it to the CRV or the captiva. Never wanted to make any misleading statement!

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 2nd March 2010 at 01:09.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:22   #73
BHPian

@GTO, thanks, yes I was looking for a crossover (soft roader), most of my runs would include occational Bangalore, Kerala highway runs, few hill stations and ofcourse office... not anything wild which would require a fullfledged offroader.
I recieved delivery of the vehicle couple of days ago, planning to take it out of town this week end, so I can stretch it a bit in the open roads. first impression, absolutely fantanstic, glides like a canoe over potholded roads and absolutely silent and comes with a rocking music system...
btw. Gaurav, Mitsu BLR dealers mentioned that they are preparing to launch Montero sport 2nd half of 2010 and if they price it right, it would be real competetion to Fortuner (err. Innova inside!!!)
more to come!!!
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:44   #74
BHPian

look at that!! A jet fighter inspired? i rather feel, the grill has come from a tractor!

Headlights are catchy, but unsuitable for a SUV. bonnet looks curvy at the front, which i think they altered it at the end coz, somebody wanted the headlight to in place.

The window glass at the end, its actually wied looking with sharp ends and ofcourse the spoiler is a spoiler.

Interiors nothing to wow about. pretty sub-ordinary., nothing to boast of really.
The dash board is like a huge football field! maybe the geniuses need to think on how to utilise this area!!
I quite like the meters and info panels behind the wheel.,
I hope the heart, atleast is good enough.!

Nice try Mitsubhishi., better luck next time!
Old 10th March 2010, 14:25   #75
BHPian

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander at Masjid Bunder

Really Excited to spot this spanking new Mitsubishi Outlander carelessly parked near Masjid Bunder Station.I think its the new 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT .First three Images taken from mobile cam & the last one is wallpaper.
Attached Thumbnails
New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-2.jpg  

New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-3.jpg  

New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-1.jpg  

New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-2010_mitsubishi_outlander_gt.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks