Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2005, 13:16   #196
Senior - BHPian

MUL has the VXi with climate control displayed in a 'Maruti Carnival' here .. The salesman gave a very odd explanation about the AC and the stereo.

AC
He said it's an 'Auto' AC which is NOT a climate control AC as in the Swift !??!
I asked him to elaborate .. he said in the Swift, if you lock the car and go away and then return after sometime, your old temperature is maintained !!

Stereo
Asked him how many speakers ? He looked around and said 2 in the front door .. I asked him to switch it on .. and lo .. there was sound from the rear .. he then sheepishly said, the rear speakers are actually camouflaged !!!

They are still giving the old VXi brochure ..

Some salesmen these !!

Anyways, I didn't discuss the features any further ..

The 'Auto' AC in the VXi allows a temperature setting from 19deg to 31deg.
The Kenwood MP3 system looks good and sounds nice too ..
Tyres are Goodyear Eagle NCT5's.

Btw, the discounts are pretty good too .. Insurance free + 20K cash discount + 15K corporate discount .. i.e. effectively Insurance + Regn almost fully paid for. For ICICI loans one gets another 20-25 K discount. For someone buying on loan, the VXi would cost around 6.5L OTR !!
Old 27th November 2005, 13:31   #197
BHPian

is there any pics of the new baleno....actually have heard a lot about it...but no pic anywhere..!!!
Old 27th November 2005, 15:46   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Btw, the discounts are pretty good too .. Insurance free + 20K cash discount + 15K corporate discount .. i.e. effectively Insurance + Regn almost fully paid for. For ICICI loans one gets another 20-25 K discount. For someone buying on loan, the VXi would cost around 6.5L OTR !!
Yes the new Baleno is still selling at huge discounts. There is a 35K INR flat off the exshowroom price. There is also the free insurance.

So at places where the Road tax is less ( Chd, Delhi Goa etc),the car is OTR at 35K less than the exshowroom and that's without the extended finance option! With the ICICI loans it goes even lesser.
This way the Lxi OTR is lesser than even the 1.4 Fiesta.

I think the Auto AC is the same as the one used in Swift Zxi(Compared it briefly to my Siver Zxi swift). The Kenwood system is decent and they have speakers at the back.. The alloys look good and the Vxi rides well with the 14" NCT5 tyres.. The only thing missing sorely is ABS!
Old 27th November 2005, 16:23   #199
BANNED

I test drove the "new" Baleno Lxi on Saturday at Sai Motors on the Western Express Highway. They didn't have a Vxi at the time.

Nothing new about the car. Same old tacky plastic, rubbery gears etc. To top it off, the clutch was hard and the accelerator got jammed to the floor in the middle of traffic. I'm sure the demo car was badly maintained, but still, it doesn't make a good impression.

Sai Motors quoted Rs. 6,70,000 OTR, with a 40,000 discount for the Lxi. That's 6.3 lakhs for a Baleno that doesn't have any trims, and looks like the same outdated, ugly car they've been selling for the last decade or so.

Definitely not value for money in my book. If it was around 5.5 lakhs or thereabouts maybe...
Old 28th November 2005, 09:22   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy

So at places where the Road tax is less ( Chd, Delhi Goa etc),the car is OTR at 35K less than the exshowroom
I am not sure road tax is less in Goa. I bought my Baleno Vxi Sept 05, and the road tax (lifetime) and registration came to abt 38,000/-. This was on ex-showroom value of 5.97 lac. what is it in other states?
Old 2nd December 2005, 09:23   #201
BHPian

Sorry for being

It seems that some posts have been lost from this thread during the upgrade. There were a couple of posts by me , one by Samurai and two-three others in this thread.
Old 2nd December 2005, 11:48   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy
Sorry for being

It seems that some posts have been lost from this thread during the upgrade. There were a couple of posts by me , one by Samurai and two-three others in this thread.
Yes, that's right. I think GTO mentioned in another thread, that the backup of the old site was taken a few hours before the site was taken off air. The last few posts were probably lost due to that.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks