Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2005, 22:02   #121
BHPian

Quote:
so that's 5.79 + 10 ~ 5.9 .. insurance I take it was anyway free.
And after that you managed a 60K discount ! Wow !

If that price of 5.3 L is with free insurance, that one heck of a deal..I have never heard of a Baleno so cheap!!

In my case i came specially to Chd to get it, since the registration/road tax was less there. With corporate discount + 30 K disc , dealer haggling blah blah .. i got it for 5.50 OTR including registration, road tax and number..

Even then i think i saved about a Lakh considering the car and it's features.. But uve got an absolute steal.

Quote:
And yes I do not want to get into what fuel I should use in my BIII Baleno but I am using normal (what u people call O87 or some thing like that?) petrol and getting almost 15 KM/L . Surprised?? Should be.
You seem to be lucky there too! Never heard of those kind of figures for local driving. I barely get 15 on the highways! Those mileage figures are almost in the NHC league.
Old 30th September 2005, 23:14   #122
BHPian

picked up my Vxi yesterday, and there was a new Baleno Vxi on the lot. 14' Goodyear 185xxtyres and white replaces orange on the tail-lights. Interior looks the same, apparently comes with climate control and CD player.
BTW, my Vxi is a dream!
Old 1st October 2005, 10:43   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord
picked up my Vxi yesterday, and there was a new Baleno Vxi on the lot. 14' Goodyear 185xxtyres and white replaces orange on the tail-lights. Interior looks the same, apparently comes with climate control and CD player.
BTW, my Vxi is a dream!
New VXi ...
Any idea regarding the model of the tyre ? Are they giving Eagle NCT 5's ?
Also , what make is the CD/MP3 player ? 4 speakers ?

Someone please take some snaps and post it ...
Old 1st October 2005, 12:59   #124
BHPian

Quote:
You seem to be lucky there too! Never heard of those kind of figures for local driving. I barely get 15 on the highways! Those mileage figures are almost in the NHC league.
I drive with light foot. never go above 2000 RPM. This is a mantra for this mileage figure.
Old 1st October 2005, 13:02   #125
BHPian

Quote:

If that price of 5.3 L is with free insurance, that one heck of a deal..I have never heard of a Baleno so cheap!!
Sorry did not mention it included Fin Dis of 5% of 4.90 Lakh also

Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 1st October 2005 at 13:03.
Old 1st October 2005, 13:19   #126
BHPian

can we have the photos of the new baleno tail lights please?? if some one can help..
Also in case of climatic control A/C for the new VXI, there should be a display of the temperature i guess somewhere in the dashboard...something similar to a multi info display.. Does the new one has something of that sort..>??
Old 1st October 2005, 20:38   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can we have the photos of the new baleno tail lights please?
your wish is my command....here are the pics..

the rear end;

the climate control system...

the instrument console..

the slightly enhanced (??) trims...

and finally, the 11-spoke alloys...

after driving the car, i can effectively say this- the climate control is the only useful item added to the package; no differences in the engine, gearbox, brakes, etc. maruti missed the main igredient for the makeover- A.B.S....

p.s- maruti needs to change it's lingo, or get a new dictionary; if this is what they mean by "all- new" or "revised", then heck, shouldn't the swift be branded as "futuristic"...???!!!
Old 1st October 2005, 20:52   #128
Senior - BHPian

As usual maruti has taken the easy way out...man these manufacturers...when will they come to their senses.

Drifter
Old 1st October 2005, 21:02   #129
Senior - BHPian

Well,Maruti is at it again.They have the best,but lack the sense to make it better.
Nothing exciting in the Baleno,except the engine.I guess i`ll have to repeat this same line for the next few years to come.

X
Old 1st October 2005, 21:32   #130
Senior - BHPian

Sadly, even the colourless treatment does not overcome the pathetic rear end of the Baleno. Its not even crystal clear. What is Maruti upto
Old 2nd October 2005, 00:51   #131
BHPian

Quote:
your wish is my command....here are the pics..

the rear end;
Thanks Veyron, those are great pics.

Sad to see Maruti playing the plastic surgeon again- and a pathetic one at that!

Quote:
I drive with light foot. never go above 2000 RPM. This is a mantra for this mileage figure.
That's great dude.. But i hope you appreciate that the real excitement comes after 2k+5 RPM and beyond.
As you press the throttle it seems like the rev happy engine is begging you to ground it!

So once in a while throw caution to the wind and have fun. The engine alone is worth the price of the Baleno.

Last edited by imjimmy : 2nd October 2005 at 00:56.
Old 2nd October 2005, 01:46   #132

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

damn maruti sucks....it looks like a cielo from the rear...i saw one in the flesh today and imho the older baleno used to look better .the rear taillamps look llike aftermarket fitments(kaam chalaoo).even the maruti 800 has wraparound taillamps.the car on road doesnt seem so differnt than the older one...actually thought of it as any other baleno and cursed the owner for fitting such a hideous taillamp(later realized,it was the new baleno......then i cursed maruti)lol.and wassup wid the 11 spokes ......y cant they give alloys in 5 or 6spokes.the earlier baleno too had numerous spokes...so does the swift.

Last edited by hellspawn : 2nd October 2005 at 01:49.
Old 2nd October 2005, 02:27   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
damn maruti sucks....it looks like a cielo from the rear...i saw one in the flesh today and imho the older baleno used to look better .the rear taillamps look llike aftermarket fitments(kaam chalaoo).even the maruti 800 has wraparound taillamps.the car on road doesnt seem so differnt than the older one...actually thought of it as any other baleno and cursed the owner for fitting such a hideous taillamp(later realized,it was the new baleno......then i cursed maruti)lol.and wassup wid the 11 spokes ......y cant they give alloys in 5 or 6spokes.the earlier baleno too had numerous spokes...so does the swift.
You said it man!! I feel . The car feels like athlete in grandpa clothing
Old 2nd October 2005, 12:06   #134
BHPian

Hey Veyron1,
Nice pics of the new Baleno! Thanks!!

I disagree with many of you on the disappointment over the changes. The personality of Baleno is more like that of Amitabh Bachchan - Powerful, dignified, graceful and ageless. Baleno (like Skoda in its category) stands apart from every other car in its category on our roads. Thank God, the new changes blend perfectly with its character. I have a Baleno VXi too and admire its looks as much as its flawless performance and unbelievable frugality. Wish I could retrofit the new climate control system on mine. Any idea if it's possible?
Old 2nd October 2005, 12:18   #135
BHPian

i liked it too....i never found fault in the way the baleno looks anyway...it nice in a different sort of way.....i have cracks on my tail lamp..hoping to get these new ones asap....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks