Team-BHP - New Look Baleno on the way!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Look Baleno on the way! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7493-new-look-baleno-way.html)

A "freshened" up Baleno is on the way, and due for launch within a weeks time.

@ Maruti - Please do something about that rear end and I guarantee you that a lot more buyers will line up with cheques in hand.

I just hope its not one of those basic "clear lamps" and grille treatment jobs. If it is...then again, I hope that something major is done about the ugly rear.

GTO

hey all the members of this forum will be awaiting with great anticipation for the launch of the new baleno..MUL if ur reading this,make sure u do a good job out of it..

Considering MUL's tradition, I realy dont expect them to make any change to baleno's rear end...As expected its gonna be lamp and grill upliftment...probably some funky colours...haha...like that swift like orange or elantra like pinkish maroon!!!hahahaaaa...crazy MUL sometimes!!!

Well i guess i know what MUL is going to do! Its going to add 185 rubber to the car, change the front grille, change the rear lamps a bit with clear lense and so to in the front, also they are going to change the bumpers and add new bumpers in the front with round lamps. In the inside they are going to add a wood finish dash and thats all about it.

MUL please please add some safety features like ABS and AIRBAG and yeah climate control too if possible, Please.

Am not skeptical ... but I dont expect any radical changes ...
I wish I am proved wrong ...

Ok here is whats going to happen:
New Grille
New front and rear bumpers
Clear head and rear lamps
Alloys with Vxi with 185 profile tyres
ABS with top version as standard
Climate control borrowed from Swift in top version
Better range of metallic colors
New interiors with chrome/wood finish for the top model
Airbags for the top model

The Baleno already has clear-lens front lights!!!

Folks.

I am on the verge of booking a Baleno Lxi this week. Would you think it is prudent to proceed? Or should I rather wait for a few more days, have a look at the new baleno on offer, and then decide? Any rumours/facts on the pricing changes?

At the moment, I shall give a token advance of say 10-20K, book the baleno and wait for one week ( current offer ends on 18th september ). If there aint no word on the new one by then, shall go ahead with the current model.

It sure would make a lot of sense to go in for the new one. Whatever be the changes, the change in model still makes a difference probably if resale is being considered. Though I dont think the dealer would offer the same pricing on a new model.. arnd 63K discount for an on-road-price of 6.12L ( bangalore) ..

thoughts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haque
Folks.

I am on the verge of booking a Baleno Lxi this week. Would you think it is prudent to proceed? Or should I rather wait for a few more days, have a look at the new baleno on offer, and then decide? Any rumours/facts on the pricing changes?

At the moment, I shall give a token advance of say 10-20K, book the baleno and wait for one week ( current offer ends on 18th september ). If there aint no word on the new one by then, shall go ahead with the current model.

It sure would make a lot of sense to go in for the new one. Whatever be the changes, the change in model still makes a difference probably if resale is being considered. Though I dont think the dealer would offer the same pricing on a new model.. arnd 63K discount for an on-road-price of 6.12L ( bangalore) ..

thoughts?

I think its quite simple - Old Model = Immediate Delivery + Discounts + Immediate Depreciation in price; New Model = Same car + Wait + No Discounts + Debatable changes to looks (at least you know what this one looks like!) + Lower depreciation.

You need to decide what your priorities are. At the end of the day, there are no radical changes expected so its really a question of whether you are willing to wait and pay a premium for mods done by Maruti when you could do a lot of it yourself...if you have imagination and a good sheet-metal worker you can change the ugly rear for about 20 grand, I would imagine.

C'mon MUL ,
even the Pak version of the Baleno (that too with a 1.3 engine) comes with 14 inch wheels and 175 rubber ...

http://www.pakwheels.com/NewArrivals...baleno2005.asp

@ Haque - Its better to wait!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc
C'mon MUL ,
even the Pak version of the Baleno (that too with a 1.3 engine) comes with 14 inch wheels and 175 rubber ...

http://www.pakwheels.com/NewArrivals...baleno2005.asp

Man since it is taken car by Suzuki there and not Maruti! Unlike in India where the government owned till Suzuki came till a few years back.

I think they have changed the (texture or whatever you call it) tail lamp cover even though the shape and arrangement of lights is same in the Pak version, and also is there a change in the rear bumper shape??
Guess same is gonna happen here also and MUL will come up with the caption "The all new 2006 Baleno":) .
Its better to grab the existing model with the current discounts instead of wating for the new model

hmmm.. any idea about price?

@ HAQUE: i wud say, as u are buying a new car, u are bound to keep it for around 3-5 years for sure, then u should wait and buy the new model, even if u hafta shell out a lil extra for that, as the dissapointment of ur car getting branded an older model, wud really pull ur enthusiasm down :) unless u want to change to a newer car after one year, u should wait and buy the new model! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catamaran
I think they have changed the (texture or whatever you call it) tail lamp cover even though the shape and arrangement of lights is same in the Pak version, and also is there a change in the rear bumper shape??

Is there really a difference in the shape of the Pak model .. I'm still unable to put a finger on it ..
One can always wait for the new version to be released and then take a decision .. if the new model does not have too much add-on value then ... there'll still be some old models with the dealers and the discounts on them should increase !