Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 10:32   #151
Senior - BHPian

Got the following message from a source

"Road test going on in Chennai. Launched planned end 2010, but knowing Ford mostly it will happen in first quarter 2011. Now hatch but sedan also expected ...almost the same as in China"

Also check out the following video - My friend chasing global fiesta in Chennai

Old 10th April 2010, 11:02   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
8 lakh+ and this will go the Jazz way. I don't this our market is ready yet for 8 lakh plus hatches when decent sedans are available for the same price.
Sorry, I disagree. Jazz flopped because customers do not percieve it as a VFM product. Neither it has any features nor a powerful engine. Honda has got this stupid notion in their head that customers will pay any amount for just their name and thats why sale of Civic, Accord and CRV has dropped. Only City is selling in decent numbers and that too because there is no better competing car. Show it proper competition and it will also drop like Accord, Civic and CRV

Indian market is now a mature market and people have plenty of money. If they really like a product and think they are getting VFM, they will buy in good quantity. Look at Fortuner sales crossing 1000 per month and that too at 20 lacs per piece
Old 10th April 2010, 11:45   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@ Thorpe : My mistake, i thought it was not available then but i checked my records & yes it was available , I guess it was just launched then, right? Anyways now, Drive safe & have loads of fun with your car.
Before the launch of IKoN FLAIR the same rocam 1.3 ltr engine was there in 1.3 nxt
Old 10th April 2010, 13:45   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
Before the launch of IKoN FLAIR the same rocam 1.3 ltr engine was there in 1.3 nxt
Correct. IIRC this is the order in which they were released and their visible differences

1. Ikon 1.6 Rocam P
2. Ikon 1.8 D
3. Ikon 1.3 Endura P
i) Front and rear turn indicators in amber colour
ii) Front grill had horizontal slats
4. Ikon 1.3 Rocam P (Badged: Nxt)
i) Front and rear turn indicators in transparent colour
ii) Front grill was the diamond mesh design
5. Ikon 1.3 Rocam P (Badged: Flair)
i) SXi style front bumpers made std
6. Ikon 1.4 TDCi D
i) New headlamps, bumper, grill and jewel effect rear tail lamps
Old 11th April 2010, 19:26   #155
BANNED

One of my colleagues gave me some good news & some bad news from Chennai

The Bad part First : The New Fiesta sedan 'MAYNOT' be launching in India next year, ie: Dont expect the fiesta sedan in 2011. This decision is nearly 80% confirmed according to him & he says that this decision was taken as the current fiesta is already selling in good nos.

The Good Part : Expect The Fiesta Hatch to be launched next year & extensive testing has now started again. It will be launched after Q2 next year.

The Not so Ugly part :

The fiesta hatch is neither going to be cheap & nor is it going to be very expensive, Expect base model pricing to start at around 6 lacs.

The somewhat Ugly part :

All those waiting for a price drop in the current fiesta sedan at the end of this year, DONT WAIT! all you will get is another kind of limited edition for lower models & some other discounts on the higher end variants which are going to last only for a couple of months then.
Old 11th April 2010, 19:36   #156
BHPian

Thank God

Boy O Boy! Believe me you all, I had been praying for this news. I had almost made my mind on the Fiesta 1.6S but this news about the new sedan in 2011 held me back. I prayed everyday to God to scrap this launch for another year or so. I didn't want to buy a car that would lose it's novelty within months. I am so happy!

P.S. Are you sure about this news Mustang.101? I suppose this is a trick played specifically on me as I had been keeping myself from booking the S for a month! I guess Ford officials had been tracking me. Hehe..

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 11th April 2010 at 19:41.
Old 11th April 2010, 19:41   #157
BANNED

@abhipuru : Like i said, this is what he told me, I have moved to new delhi right now, You go ahead & buy the 1.6S, Even i am buying the 1.6 ZXi in May.

Even i thought that why would ford india want to replace a model that is already doing well in the market, I dont think you will be seeing the new fiesta sedan before Q2 2012.

The hatch will launch next year though.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 11th April 2010 at 19:43.
Old 11th April 2010, 22:55   #158
oss
BHPian

Actually the bad and somewhat ugly parts sound good to me. Afterall that will make sure the resale value of my Fiesta won't drop too drastically

BTW, hope the plans for Focus is on track - to be launced by the end of 2011.
Old 11th April 2010, 23:18   #159
BHPian

Yeah! Even we might buy the car in May near my Birthday that is, 16 May. Let's see when my dad is ready to buy the car. And hey! Great to hear you're in Delhi. Where shall you buy your Fiesta from? Maybe it's too early to ask but still. And are you moving hear permanently?
Please keep me updated with the Fiesta launch.
Best regards
Abhinav Sharma
Old 12th April 2010, 01:33   #160
agm
BHPian

Well it is indeed a good news that current fiesta will stay for now ,but what about BS IV?Afaik current fiesta petrol is a BS 3 so cant be sold in the metros and few other cities .
Old 12th April 2010, 07:53   #161
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Actually the bad and somewhat ugly parts sound good to me. Afterall that will make sure the resale value of my Fiesta won't drop too drastically

BTW, hope the plans for Focus is on track - to be launced by the end of 2011.
Focus like i said will launch in the second half of 2012 or january 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Yeah! Even we might buy the car in May near my Birthday that is, 16 May. Let's see when my dad is ready to buy the car. And hey! Great to hear you're in Delhi. Where shall you buy your Fiesta from? Maybe it's too early to ask but still. And are you moving hear permanently?
Please keep me updated with the Fiesta launch.
Best regards
Abhinav Sharma
I have moved to delhi permanently, I am buying my fiesta from Bhagat ford, Jallandhar. This is because i will be availing the Army CSD benefits from them as they are close to the jallandhar depot. My dad was in the army so he is entitles to a CSD discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Well it is indeed a good news that current fiesta will stay for now ,but what about BS IV?Afaik current fiesta petrol is a BS 3 so cant be sold in the metros and few other cities .
Current fiesta has already been converted to BS4 norms, The new deliveries that showrooms are getting, They are all BS4 vehicles.
Old 12th April 2010, 10:41   #162
Senior - BHPian

Mustang, what about the fate of the 1.6S? Will it continue to be produced beyond this year?
Old 12th April 2010, 10:46   #163
BHPian

^^^Yeah, this is another worrying part for me.
Old 12th April 2010, 10:54   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The Bad part First : The New Fiesta sedan 'MAYNOT' be launching in India next year, ie: Dont expect the fiesta sedan in 2011. This decision is nearly 80% confirmed according to him & he says that this decision was taken as the current fiesta is already selling in good nos.
Sure it's selling, but is it really a good reason to delay the new Fiesta? Competition in the form of Etios and Polo sedans and Linea T-jet will arrive soon.

Note: I posted this in the Figo TD thread, hope moderators won't mind the cross-posting.
Old 12th April 2010, 11:02   #165
BANNED

@Gilead , @abhipuro : I have no concrete info about this but even if it discontinues, your cars resale values will still be higher than ZXI.

The 1.6S is a rare car & i have not seen even one listing of a fiesta 1.6S for sale as i was looking for one, Hence there will be many like me looking for a used 1.6S(earlier i was) & when someone decides to sell it, It will fetch the owner a nice premium.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks