Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2010, 21:24   #316
BANNED

Wheels seems to be 15 or 16 inch..
Old 15th November 2010, 02:08   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nice pics, Arun! The car looks swell from the rear and side, though the sloping roofline at the rear might lead to limited headroom, like in the Linea.
Exactly my impression, in fact when I was driving past it, I thought it was a Linea Tjet before wondering why the logos were taped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Good work Arun

Good to see Ford moving forward with their new products. Ford makes good cars, excellent engines, but it is only their a/s/s that needs a complete make-over.

I will be in the market next year to buy a new car to replace my Fusion (1.02 K kms till date). The Fiesta Hatch will be the one i will be gunning for.
Thanks
However I may have some bad news for you, an excellent source tells me that they are planning to introduce only the new Fiesta sedan next year in Jan / Feb and have no plans to introduce the Fiesta hatch as of now.
But considering other launches like Etios etc, I am sure you will have no shortage of choices.
Old 24th November 2010, 22:29   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun4242 View Post
However I may have some bad news for you, an excellent source tells me that they are planning to introduce only the new Fiesta sedan next year in Jan / Feb and have no plans to introduce the Fiesta hatch as of now.
+1 to that, I happened to meet a Ford engineer on the design and development team, he confirmed that the sedan is the one being planned, the reason for no hatch is that customers are not willing to pay big money for a hatch - possible indication that the hatch might cost Jazz money
Old 24th November 2010, 23:10   #319
Senior - BHPian

The rear quarter of the new Fiesta does not look too bad in these new pictures. Also a very smart move by ford if all the talk of releasing the Sedan before the hatch are true. With the new Vento and the Tjet along with City, I guess not many are willing to pay more than 8L for a Fiesta.
Old 25th November 2010, 10:59   #320
BHPian

aawww! I was planning on the hatch simply because of its looks. I dont have a budget for the sedan. This is not good news.
Old 25th November 2010, 20:40   #321
BHPian

Hope they provide 1.6S with new All new Fiesta as well !!!
Old 26th November 2010, 15:12   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Hope they provide 1.6S with new All new Fiesta as well !!!
Well, the new Fiesta sedan launched in Thailand also comes in S trim with bigger wheels & tweaked suspension. Refer here -
Ford Thailand - Fiesta Models

Now, comparing the dimensions of the new Thailand sedan with our current Indian Fiesta (see attached Excel file), I can see that the new one is wider & taller but there's hardly any difference in wheelbase or length or front track (rear track is more though).

Considering that rear legroom & overall space is perhaps the current Fiesta sedan's only drawback, I'm wondering how Ford are proposing to tackle this - better space utilization? How?
Attached Files
File Type: xls fiesta.xls (22.0 KB, 401 views)

Last edited by suman : 26th November 2010 at 15:14.
Old 26th November 2010, 15:33   #323
Senior - BHPian

Too bad! I was waiting for the Fiesta hatch with a 1.6 TDCi
Old 26th November 2010, 16:01   #324
Senior - BHPian

My feeling exactly, However im still hopeful since there has been conflicting information from people about the release of hatch. Its still not sure what is in store for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Old 27th November 2010, 15:43   #325
BHPian

In Singapore last week I had a chance to view a red ford fiesta hatchback and a red honda jazz standing next to next facing on their rears. I was really impressed with the looks of fiesta hatch against Jazz.

Both had a similar sized skeleton with Jazz looking like having a bit of extra stretched rear. I was bit disapoointed that I didnt carry my camera in hand at that time. But was really impressed with fiesta hatch as like admired by the looks of the Jazz.

Certainly fiesta will give a clean fight against the Jazz if priced precisly.

Believe me. Red one will be the HOT hatch when released.
Old 27th November 2010, 19:30   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Time to wait for Polo 1.6D.
1.6 TDCI is not the monster I expected.
Old 27th November 2010, 19:52   #327
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
My feeling exactly, However im still hopeful since there has been conflicting information from people about the release of hatch. Its still not sure what is in store for us!
I was waiting for the hatch too. Its really sad that Ford is not going to launch it anytime soon.

I guess i need to wait for the Etios Diesel or settle in for the I20 CRDi.
Old 27th November 2010, 20:03   #328
Senior - BHPian

I think Ford is not going to take a chance of lessening the brand name after the stellar success of the Figo.As a result of which the hatch was been canned.Either ways it would have been pretty difficult to mirror the success of the i20 in that segment,chances are the hatch might have gone the jazz way.

The sedan makes a better case for itself,i am sure ford is going to price it very competitively.
Old 27th November 2010, 20:52   #329
Senior - BHPian

Just to give a perspective on the neutral comparison between the contemporaries.

Fiesta is given 13 / 20 as against, 11/ 20 earned by i20, Swift and Polo.
As per the rating of BBC Topgear website.

How many of you who have seen the Ford Fiesta in flesh do agree with the ratings?
Old 27th November 2010, 20:55   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Considering that rear legroom & overall space is perhaps the current Fiesta sedan's only drawback, I'm wondering how Ford are proposing to tackle this - better space utilization? How?
Good question? I too have the same doubt after going through the comparision spreadsheet.

I like the rear and side looks of both the sedan and the hatch. I hope they bring both. The front looks too similar to the Figo and new Ikon wrt the narrow grill.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks