Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 21:34   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Titanium is the top variant for some Ford models in Europe. By the look of it, and as pointed by fellow members, this certainly is the Fiesta Hatch.

Great Catch
Yes, I saw this great model every morning here in London near my house. This is really nice model with futuristic design, and I remember when I saw it first time I was stunned by its beauty.

The titanium version cost around 15000 euros and it is almost 1.5 times the prices of i20 here. If I go by that logic and roll this product out in India with same features at 8.5-10L then I would be begging someone to buy this at this price.

This is not at all feasible. Our industry need a good sedan version at this price not a hatch back.

I do understand people fall in love with these nice hatchbacks (this one, bmw'w hatchback, beetle, fiat 500, mini) but we still shy away from buying them as we can get better sedan with same features at their price.

May be somewhere 10-15 years down te line, when indian GDP mushrooms, people will start buying these as if they are buying a santro or wagon R ...dream but possible
Old 5th February 2010, 23:10   #32
BHPian

Great catch Abdul.

The euro Ford Fiesta is an awesome looking hatch, hope they launch it soon in India. If they launch it I think it will be competing against the i20,Jazz and the Etios.
Old 6th February 2010, 00:16   #33
BHPian

Looking at Abdul's pic, I was wondering what prevented ford from making figo's tail lamps to something like this? The only part I don't like about figo from day one are its Christmas light tail. This compromises a bit on looks on what is otherwise a wonderful car.
Old 6th February 2010, 01:19   #34
BHPian

What ford might be able to do is to pitch it against the top-end i20?? I am not sure if the fiesta hatch belongs to a class higher than the i20, may be comparable against the Jazz??

Guys it is just not justified to expect this car to have a Swift-like pricing!!
Old 6th February 2010, 01:51   #35
BHPian

IMHO the Fiesta hatch is not coming to India anytime soon. If it was planned for India, they wouldn't be testing for the entire world to see.
Old 6th February 2010, 03:12   #36
BHPian

Why not?

Why not? Consider the car prices in the UK. They have no relation to prices here. eg: FIAT > Hyundai > Skoda in the UK. All in all, fiesta is technically considered to be in the segment of punto n polo. So, don't just rule out what could be a great possibility.

SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-bcars_uk.jpg
Old 6th February 2010, 10:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

Wow!!!

That looks a scoop.
I guess Ford should have launched this in place of the staid looking Figo.

The Fiesta hatch looks awesome.
The alloys look great too.
Old 6th February 2010, 10:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

the interiors of figo is not very impressive, its hard to visualize the figo sale when there are really very good hatchbacks in the market
Old 6th February 2010, 13:56   #39
BHPian

Great sighting!
Hope to see more of these lovely designs come out on our streets.
If they are going to launch this fiesta hatchback in India, i guess it will be another worthwhile addition to the already competitive segment. Pricing it is going to be tricky !
Old 6th February 2010, 14:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

I wish Ford could have launched this instead of Figo. Many love the Figo here but I am simply put off by its looks. It looks mournful and the car's side profile looks too dated.

This one here is a hot looking hatch especially the rear and the side profile. I am sure it would have cost more but we now have a market for those cars too.

Hope Ford would not sit back and continue with the same product for the next decade and launch this soon with reduced features to woo more customers towards them.
Old 6th February 2010, 16:57   #41
BHPian

@Comrade, the base version version of the fiesta is even more expensive than the Jazz, which goes for approx 8lacs here.The best that Ford should be able to do is to slot it between the top-end i20s and the Jazz.
However in the near future i dont see the Fiesta being launched in India as the market just doesnt seem big enough for such a priced hatch. Hyundai has managed to make the i20 a success, but Hyundai exports far more than it sells!!
Old 6th February 2010, 23:51   #42
BHPian

I understand that Fiesta is the costliest among all base versions. Even costlier than Jazz. But the thing is Jazz can never be considered as the pricing criteria here. Honda's positioning in India differs from the UK. Further, by your logic, Punto's "sportier" variants could be somewhere around 9/10 lakhs if manufacturers follow the UK's "brand-pricing".

I'm just saying that Fiesta's pricing is on par with Punto n Polo in the UK. So, if at all Ford wants to release this in India, it would consider Punto n Polo price and not Jazz price. Of course that would mean similar spec'ed cars with 1.2 petrols, 1.3/1.4 diesels, safety only on higher variants, etc etc..

Last edited by Comrade : 6th February 2010 at 23:53.
Old 7th February 2010, 00:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

Ford should dump the Fusion and slot the Fiesta in the lineup here. It's a better looking car than the Jaz and worth a slight premium in price too. Great spotting!.
Old 8th February 2010, 13:20   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Most companies like to do their 'endurance' tests in third world countries so the extreme road (and temperature) conditions help bring out the weaknesses in their car. I think this is that sort of testing. I doubt they would launch this car here anytime soon, since they haven't even bothered covering it up
Frank-ly, you hit the nail right right on the head!
Totally agree.I don't think Ford believes in the Maruti way of doing business.
And besides, they are not too fast on their feet in bringing cars to market.Wish they were as fast as their cars!
Old 8th February 2010, 17:53   #45
BHPian

Sweet. It can be my perfect replacement for my Hyundai i10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks