Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 19:32   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) I doubt if this car will be coming to India in hatchback form. The figo range ends at around Rs. 6 lakhs OTR IIRC for diesel and around Rs. 5 lakh OTR for Pertol. Above that the current range of Fiesta sedan starts. There is no place left for this car as Figo has already arrived. I dont think that Ford will mess up with the current sedan Fiesta or the newly launched Figo for this car.
I think the Indian Fiesta will be replaced with the all new Fiesta sedan first and then this hatch will make a foray.This car will most certainly be in the Jazz/Fabia territory,and I don't think Ford is betting much on this hatch.Its the sedan that's expected to generate the sales.The Kinetic design hatch is a looker,and will sell by that virtue alone!

Last edited by AyAn! : 15th March 2010 at 19:33.
Old 15th March 2010, 20:17   #92
Senior - BHPian

I believe Ford, if and when they bring out the new Fiesta to India it will be the sedan version, which has already been launched in China almost a year ago, and is long overdue in India. Heres a link to its review

Chang'an Motors | Test Driven: Ford Fiesta Sedan Review | China Car Times

They should have lauched this car after noticing the run a way success of the ANHC.

The hatchback wont make much sense since the Figo will provide the same amount of space, same powerplants (Ford will have to use the 1.2 & 1.4 diesel for excise benefits even for the Fiesta) at a much lower price.

Strangely once introduced India will be home to three generations of the Fiesta.
Old 15th March 2010, 20:29   #93
Senior - BHPian

Take a look at this for latest info on Ford's future launches. Directly from the horse's (Mustang's) mouth.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1782229
Old 15th March 2010, 20:47   #94
Senior - BHPian

looks like a baby CRV

expect if launched to be competition to the Jazz.
which i think is a very bad idea since the jazz is doing poor numbers.
Old 15th March 2010, 21:57   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Take a look at this for latest info on Ford's future launches. Directly from the horse's (Mustang's) mouth.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1782229
That's what I thought.But it'll be interesting to see where Ford positions the new Fiesta hatch.Most probably the new Fiesta sedan will be priced a tad higher than the outgoing Indian model,and the hatch will slide in between the new sedan and the Figo.It'll be real good if they position Figo-Fiesta hatch-Fiesta sedan analogous to i10-i20-Verna from Hyundai!

Ikon is at the end of its tether.Should be packed up for good.Confirmed fantastic new Focus for 2012 is good news and the new baby SUV might as well be the much raved about Kuga!
Old 15th March 2010, 23:48   #96
BANNED

when enquired about the new fiesta hitting the indian market, the guy in Bhavna Ford (New Mumbai) told me that its unlikely before 2012-13, because they had a fiesta upheaval last year, so they have to run it for some more time - the theory of cost recovery!! somehow i don't quite believe him, if Ford has indeed plans of launching a new car every 12 months, it could a great bet if they launch the new Fiesta in an option of hatchback and sedan versions!! wouldn't that be something for the market. the 2011 fiesta is up on the Ford USA website but is not expected before the turn of the year. so can't see it coming to India before mid-to-end 2011
Old 16th March 2010, 01:36   #97
Senior - BHPian

The new Fiesta has already been launched (at least a year ago) in Europe and the same is the case with the Fiesta sedan in China. Heres a highly customer oriented review of the same and is also compared against its Chevrolet rival

USA is unfortunately one of the last markets to get them.
Old 16th March 2010, 02:06   #98
Senior - BHPian

For ford the only money spinner they have in their hands is going to be the new Fiesta sedan.No 2 ways about it.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:16   #99
BHPian

today I spotted this car in Pallikarani and it was moving towards tambaram and I was able to take pic.but it is a long shot pic.The car looks similar in size of Jazz and it was in blue car

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 17th March 2010 at 14:17.
Old 28th March 2010, 01:30   #100
BHPian

Fiesta hatch is supposed to have very very good handling according to most reviewers in the UK, some prefer it to the Golf, and the handling is supposed to be sweet, a real driver's delight. Something to look forward to for most folks on the forum I would presume.

If the engine is right this may be India's first hot hatch in terms of power, handling, looks, design, safety. But the pricing is also high in most geographies so its going to be expensive.
Old 28th March 2010, 04:39   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Petrol: 1.2 L duratec
Is this official?

To gain the lower excise benefits, a car has to be be < 1.2 litres in engine size AND less than 4 feet long, right? I dont think this one is going to be < 4 feet in a sedan form, so why stick to a puny petrol??
Old 28th March 2010, 07:37   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Is this official?

To gain the lower excise benefits, a car has to be be < 1.2 litres in engine size AND less than 4 feet long, right? I dont think this one is going to be < 4 feet in a sedan form, so why stick to a puny petrol??
From the pics it does like a really big hatch. I am not sure if its <4 or >4. Regarding engine option I only quoted what Mustang.101 mentioned a page or two back. Link for it - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1740086-post63.html
Old 28th March 2010, 08:33   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Is this official?

To gain excise benefits a car has to have a < or = 1.2 L engine & it has to be less than 4 metres long & not 4 feet.

Anyways the new fiesta hatch is a little longer than 4 meters but we @ ford India specialize in reducing the rear assets of a car, ( eg: Fusion anyone?)
Old 28th March 2010, 11:19   #104
Senior - BHPian

The other day last week I saw a Red one near S.P. Koil. Was trying to get more of the car but he just zoomed away while I was stuck behind the trucks.

Looks awesome. i20, Jazz could have some serious competition if it is launched.

But all depends on how Figo is received and taken care of by Ford. If Figo is a success, the this one would definitely make many people notice Ford
Old 28th March 2010, 11:54   #105
BHPian

I hope the price it right around 6-6.5 lakhs..else it`ll go the JAzz way..great product let down y poor pricing!!..However seeing what ford has done with the Figo..they may well spring a surprise!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks