Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 16:12   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
To gain excise benefits a car has to have a < or = 1.2 L engine & it has to be less than 4 metres long & not 4 feet.

Anyways the new fiesta hatch is a little longer than 4 meters but we @ ford India specialize in reducing the rear assets of a car, ( eg: Fusion anyone?)
@ Mustang: Think about those who would like a 4m+ hatch.
Old 28th March 2010, 17:49   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitkakri View Post
I hope the price it right around 6-6.5 lakhs..else it`ll go the JAzz way..great product let down y poor pricing!!..However seeing what ford has done with the Figo..they may well spring a surprise!!
I guess pricing should be competitive to make it a success, I suppose if they can put a 1.6 engine in it & start the prices @5.5 lakhs ex showroom delhi, then it will be a success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
@ Mustang: Think about those who would like a 4m+ hatch.
Tell the government about it. Size should not be a criterion to give benefits, Rather it should be how less polluting/fuel efficient they are.
Old 28th March 2010, 21:05   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To gain excise benefits a car has to have a < or = 1.2 L engine & it has to be less than 4 metres long & not 4 feet.
Ouch! Cant believe I did that!! Blame it on waking up in nights and checking Team BHP with half an eye open
Old 28th March 2010, 21:27   #109
BHPian

Guys!
I am in love with the current Fiesta S. But, the problem is that I am not sure if Ford is going to launch the new Fiesta sedan here. The scoop pics are making me wait because it looks so nice. But, my budget is limited to 7.5L in Faridabad on road. So, do you think the new Fiesta would fit in my budget and if it's worth the wait for me? Any idea about it's ex-showroom price? The registration and logistics here for the current fiesta amount to 18000/-
Old 28th March 2010, 23:43   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Guys!
I am in love with the current Fiesta S. But, the problem is that I am not sure if Ford is going to launch the new Fiesta sedan here. The scoop pics are making me wait because it looks so nice. But, my budget is limited to 7.5L in Faridabad on road. So, do you think the new Fiesta would fit in my budget and if it's worth the wait for me? Any idea about it's ex-showroom price? The registration and logistics here for the current fiesta amount to 18000/-
Well it has been confirmed the Fiesta is going to be launched with a 120 bhp engine,so i guess thats worth the wait.Although might be closer to 9 lakhs.
Old 29th March 2010, 10:32   #111
BHPian

Seen exactly same car before few days testing in chennai
Old 29th March 2010, 10:32   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Guys!
Get the Fiesta S now before it's too late. The all new Fiesta will be way above 7.5L. The S variant is like a one off kind which may or may not make it into the new Fiesta. Even if it does, it will not be available initially. Get a white Fiesta 1.6S and put some dark tints and it will look smashing. I am recommending white because the best color Aquarius has been discontinued.
Old 29th March 2010, 12:01   #113
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Get the Fiesta S now before it's too late. The all new Fiesta will be way above 7.5L. The S variant is like a one off kind which may or may not make it into the new Fiesta. Even if it does, it will not be available initially. Get a white Fiesta 1.6S and put some dark tints and it will look smashing. I am recommending white because the best color Aquarius has been discontinued.
Yes how do you know about it Gilead? The fiesta S is going to be discontinued by Q3 this year(got the information today), so all those who want a fiesta S, Its either now or never.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:30   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes how do you know about it Gilead? The fiesta S is going to be discontinued by Q3 this year(got the information today), so all those who want a fiesta S, Its either now or never.
I didn't know but it's fairly obvious that the 1.6S will be the first variant to go given its low volumes. How many do you reckon Ford sells in a month.. 50? Anyway thanks for releasing a truly great car among a sea of boring Marutis and Hyundais.

abhipuru16 has been expressing his desire to own a 1.6S for several months now, but looks like he's unable to take the plunge for some reason. Dude, do it before it's too late.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:32   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I didn't know but it's fairly obvious that the 1.6S will be the first variant to go given its low volumes. How many do you reckon Ford sells in a month.. 50? Anyway thanks for releasing a truly great car among a sea of boring Marutis and Hyundais.

abhipuru16 has been expressing his desire to own a 1.6S for several months now, but looks like he's unable to take the plunge for some reason. Dude, do it before it's too late.

Yea i guess we might be just selling about 50-100 of the 1.6S.

He already sent a PM to me regarding some queries on the 1.6S, I have replied back.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:08   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Oh NO! I never wanted Ford to discontinue the Fiesta S! It is the best model in their lineup so far....

...but could this mean that the Figo S is coming?
Old 29th March 2010, 16:14   #117
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang, I have question, if they are brining the Fiesta Sedan now (I mean before phasing out the current Fiesta) what are they planning to name this sedan as??
IMHO, they would not want to deviate the christening that they have been doing globally for this car, i.e. naming it as Fiesta.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:17   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
but could this mean that the Figo S is coming?
I doubt if that would happen. I think atleast Ford should have plonked the 1.4 petrol that was doing duty in Fiesta as an option. As Mustang mentioned earlier Fiesta will be positioned near Ikon territory after Ikon is discontinued, so i think by Diwali we shall see Fiesta in that territory before New Fiesta launch in Q1 2011.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:53   #119
BANNED

Some Clarification : I have said that the current fiesta is going to take the place of the Ikon but that does not mean that the prices of the fiesta will match the current price of the Ikon.

Atmost expect the prices of the current gen Fiesta to drop my 50-60K, Not more than that
Old 29th March 2010, 18:01   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some Clarification : I have said that the current fiesta is going to take the place of the Ikon but that does not mean that the prices of the fiesta will match the current price of the Ikon.

Atmost expect the prices of the current gen Fiesta to drop my 50-60K, Not more than that
So if the current Fiesta retains the current name, what will the new Fiesta be called? Or will the current Fiesta get a different name? I bet your Marketing team must be chewing on this at the moment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks