Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 17:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Great catch Abdul! This Euro Fiesta is the one Ford should bring to India asap. Killer looks and a great engine to go with. This hatchback will surely be a segment benchmark!
Old 5th February 2010, 18:05   #17
BHPian

Another addition to the Great Indian Hatchback War.

If this is a never seen before Ford hatchback and is not in the wraps, who was driving it?

Was it a test mule or was it being driven around by its owner?
Old 5th February 2010, 18:16   #18
BHPian

Price this in i20 area and Ford will have a ton of buyers. That way they would cover bothe ends of the hatchback market.

I have driven this car in the UK and to say its good is an understatement. The steering and handling are in a class of its own compared to competing products from Vauxhall, Nissan etc
Old 5th February 2010, 18:27   #19
BHPian

The new Fiesta posted by vulpine101 looks awesome. If it does make it to India, it will sure give ANHC a run for its money. However, i would feel a more de-tuned version to come here :(
Old 5th February 2010, 18:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
Price this in i20 area and Ford will have a ton of buyers.

This Ford fiesta Hatchback is a(and will be a ) competitor with its up comming revivals of Toyota yaris and Honda FIT (upcomming models in Hatchback )
i dont think this hatch will be a competitor for the present hatchbacks in India.
Old 5th February 2010, 19:56   #21
BHPian

Nice find !
I dont think Ford will take the risk of introducing the hatchback in India, seeing how even the I20 is struggling to produce decent numbers at the 6-7L price point.

But the hatch version OOh LA LA ! that is one good looking car if introduces as competition to the ANHC or the LINEA @ about 10 L. IMHO the new FIESTA looks better that the LINEA and miles ahead in looks in comparision to the ANHC.

Hoping to see it within this year in INDIA. Hmmm POLO SEDAN OR NEW FIESTA SEDAN .. decisions decisions
Old 5th February 2010, 20:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Wow nice catch!!
I was actually waiting for Ford to launch this Fiesta here in India. Seems like they will soon. I just love this car. Not sure what they are going to call it here as we already have Fiesta as a Sedan and how much they will ask for this one!!
Old 5th February 2010, 20:20   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnanimousdude View Post
This Ford fiesta Hatchback is a(and will be a ) competitor with its up comming revivals of Toyota yaris and Honda FIT (upcomming models in Hatchback )
Toyota Yaris in not coming to India. Instead they have the Etios, developed for the indian market.

And Honda Fit is nothing but Jazz, AFAIK. It is already available in the Indian market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Nice find !
I dont think Ford will take the risk of introducing the hatchback in India, seeing how even the I20 is struggling to produce decent numbers at the 6-7L price point.
i20 is really selling well. Much above Hyundai's initial sales targets! It has made life difficult for Honda Jazz as well.
Old 5th February 2010, 20:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Most companies like to do their 'endurance' tests in third world countries so the extreme road (and temperature) conditions help bring out the weaknesses in their car. I think this is that sort of testing. I doubt they would launch this car here anytime soon, since they haven't even bothered covering it up
Old 5th February 2010, 20:34   #25
BHPian

If ford is going to launch Figo in i10 range and very well they can launch this in punto range with more features and power full engine.

Good find!
Old 5th February 2010, 20:36   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Toyota Yaris in not coming to India. Instead they have the Etios, developed for the indian market.

And Honda Fit is nothing but Jazz, AFAIK. It is already available in the Indian market.
forgive my ignorance!. yeah it will be a competitor for etios, but i am sure not for Jazz
Old 5th February 2010, 20:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Most companies like to do their 'endurance' tests in third world countries so the extreme road (and temperature) conditions help bring out the weaknesses in their car. I think this is that sort of testing. I doubt they would launch this car here anytime soon, since they haven't even bothered covering it up
That maybe the case here.But why exhaustively test a product in India that has already been launched worldwide? An Indian launch makes more sense here. And moreover even during endurance testing in extreme conditions cars are camouflaged to quite an extent!

I think Ford's going the bring the Mk6 Fiesta hatch/sedan(the one from China) to our shores soon.And this one being a five door variant with puny India spec wheels/tyres looks equipped from our market! At last Ford's getting kinetic design to India it seems!
Old 5th February 2010, 20:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

The Euro Spec Fiesta is a hell of a drivers' car. Would be great if it's launched here with a meaty engine.
Old 5th February 2010, 21:04   #29
BHPian

Titanium is the top variant for some Ford models in Europe. By the look of it, and as pointed by fellow members, this certainly is the Fiesta Hatch.

Great Catch
Old 5th February 2010, 21:13   #30
BANNED

This should be good...the current fiesta though selling well seems a bit 'old school' when compared to the verna's/i20's..etc
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks