Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2010, 14:24   #61
BHPian

Note from Mod : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.......like.........this..........Also, do check your spellings prior to post submission. I have corrected your post.

Great scoop abdul...

As it will be pitted alongside Ford Figo, interesting to see it on Indian roads when Figo is already being launched. Two similar segment cars. Interesting to see its exact positioning.

Last edited by GTO : 19th February 2010 at 18:54. Reason: See Mod Note in your post
Old 18th February 2010, 17:40   #62
Senior - BHPian

Looks like they are testing this vehicle. The new Fiesta model can be bought in to compete against the Jazz & i20 range of premium cars.

It might be a strategic move by Ford to tap the low end & high end segment of the B & B+ segment.
Old 18th February 2010, 20:18   #63
BANNED

I have some great new from my sources in ford india. The Fiesta will launch in bot its hatch and sedan forms. This is absolutely certain according to him. Also the fiesta sedan will be launching 2-3 months before the hatch.

One more thing, he revealed some engine info as well:

Sedan: Petrol: 1.6 L ti-VCT Duratec l4
Diesel: 1.6 L TDCi Duratorq

Hatch: Petrol: 1.2 L duratec
Diesel: 1.4 L TDCi duratorq
Old 18th February 2010, 20:46   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I have some great new from my sources in ford india.
We have always known the new Fiesta will land up here. So the question is when. Your sources have any idea? 2011, 2012? Going by Ford's usual pace here, it will be 2012.
Old 18th February 2010, 20:49   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
We have always known the new Fiesta will land up here. So the question is when. Your sources have any idea? 2011, 2012? Going by Ford's usual pace here, it will be 2012.
The sedan will be here in december this year(as per him) but you know ford, Expect to get it by Q1 of 2011.
Old 19th February 2010, 01:20   #66
Senior - BHPian

Just a thought - will Ford be doing a Hyundai? I mean manufacture cars in India and import them to the Europe / else where?
Old 19th February 2010, 05:44   #67
BHPian

I have seen the Sedan version of the Fiesta being tested. My sources tell me that it will be a first Quarter 2011 launch. No, Ford has no plans to export to Europe though they do plan to export to South Africa initially and may also export to select South American markets.
Old 19th February 2010, 06:16   #68
BHPian

so the current Fiesta sedan will be phased out soon i guess. Any idea about the performance of the 1.6 L ti-VCT Duratec l4 engine??
Old 19th February 2010, 09:27   #69
BHPian

Hey guys, Found a video of the exact same car. Courtesy

VODPOD.com

Scoop ? Ford Fiesta hatchback testing in India (Video) Video
Old 19th February 2010, 09:39   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma123 View Post
so the current Fiesta sedan will be phased out soon i guess. Any idea about the performance of the 1.6 L ti-VCT Duratec l4 engine??
A word from my sources

Engine power : around 120 BHP

Mileage : around 12-15 in the city

Brakes : Front-Disc Rear-Drum

Suspension : Standard MacPherson strut front suspension, 22mm front sway bar and twist-beam rear suspension

Steering : Electronic Power Assisted Steering (EPAS)

PS: This data applies only to the petrol sedan
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:34   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
I have seen the Sedan version of the Fiesta being tested. My sources tell me that it will be a first Quarter 2011 launch. No, Ford has no plans to export to Europe though they do plan to export to South Africa initially and may also export to select South American markets.
Is this the sedan that you saw? Did you spot it inside the factory by any chance?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ce-online.html

Quote:
A word from my sources

Suspension : Standard MacPherson strut front suspension, 22mm front sway bar and twist-beam rear suspension

12-15 in the city from a 120 BHP sedan sounds fantastic. But I will believe it only when I see the DTE meter

Last edited by Gilead : 22nd February 2010 at 14:35.
Old 1st March 2010, 10:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

Couple of snaps from my side
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-picture-002.jpg  

SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-picture-003.jpg  

SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-picture-004.jpg  

SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-picture-005.jpg  

Old 1st March 2010, 11:15   #73
BANNED

Good scoop. The 1.6L 'Tiger' comes in 2 power variants, 115Ps & 120Ps. Good to know that we are getting the powerful variant.

Any Idea about the 1.6L Duratorq engine. It again comes in a 90Ps and 110Ps avatar. Though i would prefer the 110Ps avatar i doubt it as they would give it a 90Ps one to give it an cost edge... Any idea / comments on this one.

Quote:
A word from my sources

Old 3rd March 2010, 09:58   #74
BHPian

Got one more picture yesterday. Going by the car numbers i feel that they have only a single car which is being tested here, if i am not wrong.

Also i have a query. Will the test drive cars be given to Ford employees as their day to day drive? I am asking this because yesterday morning i saw 2 or 3 Ford Figos ,with neatly dressed ford employes, were driven from city towards their office, they were pretty fast too, hence i could not take any pictures.

Also i would like to know what would happen to these test drive vehicles?
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-image0023123.jpg  

Last edited by AbdulRahmanM : 3rd March 2010 at 10:12. Reason: Added query
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:53   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
Also i have a query. Will the test drive cars be given to Ford employees as their day to day drive? I am asking this because yesterday morning i saw 2 or 3 Ford Figos ,with neatly dressed ford employes, were driven from city towards their office, they were pretty fast too, hence i could not take any pictures.

Also i would like to know what would happen to these test drive vehicles?
Test drive (if you mean the cars used for testing before launch or used for testing new engineering changes after launch) vehicles are not available for Ford employees to drive around AFAIK. It is only used by PD (Product Development) people. Ford conducts an auction of these vehicles around once in 6 months - usually advertised internally to Ford employees. Others (if an employee can vouch for you) can also bid for these vehicles. They usually come with no warranty though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks