Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:56   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Test drive (if you mean the cars used for testing before launch or used for testing new engineering changes after launch) vehicles are not available for Ford employees to drive around AFAIK. It is only used by PD (Product Development) people. Ford conducts an auction of these vehicles around once in 6 months - usually advertised internally to Ford employees. Others (if an employee can vouch for you) can also bid for these vehicles. They usually come with no warranty though.
+1. A good number of these cars are tagged as 'un-registered'.
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:45   #77
BHPian

Any idea what car this is ?

I saw it today on my way to office.
Was not able to click a front view. Looks like a Ford from front.
Logo and name was masked using tape.

The driver saw me clicking and he took the next "U" turn.

SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-dsc02824.jpg

SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-dsc02825.jpg

SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-dsc02826.jpg

Mobile cam pics, sorry...!
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:49   #78
BHPian

Taht's The New Ford Fiesta. This Is The Hatch Version. The Sedan Version Will Be Launched In India In Ned 2010 Or Early 2011.
Cheers !!!!!!!!!!
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:55   #79
Senior - BHPian

Its Ford Fiesta and is being already covered in following thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-testing.html
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:56   #80
BHPian

Yup! Its a Fiesta hatch. Nice catch, Friend.

Source : Google Images
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-2011fordfiestahatchrear34.jpg  

Last edited by mnhegde : 3rd March 2010 at 19:58.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:01   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Taht's The New Ford Fiesta. This Is The Hatch Version. The Sedan Version Will Be Launched In India In Ned 2010 Or Early 2011.
Cheers !!!!!!!!!!
Looked like a ford. Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Its Ford Fiesta and is being already covered in following thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-testing.html
I'd request the mods to merge this to the existing thread.
Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
Yup! Its a Fiesta hatch. Nice catch, Friend.

Source : Google Images
Thank you. It kinda feels exhilarating to shoot a "spy" pic. (Evil laugh)

Last edited by yzfrj : 3rd March 2010 at 20:02.
Old 4th March 2010, 12:47   #82
BHPian

Great new

Guys, this beauty is coming to India by end of 2010 or early 2011. Yes the hatch version. Since it is big car with big on features its price might be on higher side.

Quote:
After the launch of Figo, Ford might come up with another small car for the Indian market. Ford’s next hatch will be new generation Fiesta hatchback which was just launched in European markets. Ford has already said it would launch a new product every 12 or 18 months. Fiesta hatchback could be next on the line. Supplier sources of Ford India has said to vicky.in, Ford has already started working on this Fiesta hatch and test production may start in few months. But what surprising us is Ford is looking at price tag of Rs8lakhs plus for this Fiesta hatchback. The launch of Fiesta small car may happen by end 2010 or early 2011. Whether Ford can sell an expensive small car in India? only time will tell.

Ford next generation Fiesta sedan is expected to hit the Indian market by 2011.
Source: Vicky.in
Old 4th March 2010, 12:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

8 lakh+ and this will go the Jazz way. I don't this our market is ready yet for 8 lakh plus hatches when decent sedans are available for the same price.
Old 4th March 2010, 13:01   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
8 lakh+ and this will go the Jazz way. I don't this our market is ready yet for 8 lakh plus hatches when decent sedans are available for the same price.
I think Ford can price it between i20 and Jazz or i20 pricing.

Mustang.101 has mentioned the Hatch will have following engine options. I guess these are the same as Figos.

Petrol: 1.2 L duratec
Diesel: 1.4 L TDCi duratorq

With these engine options, sexy looks, features and other latest tech it will probably be priced alongside i20. And I would any day prefer this hatch over the i20 for its (Fiesta hatch's) driving dynamics would be unparalleled in the hatch segment.
Old 4th March 2010, 13:20   #85
BHPian

could it be a surprise launch? ford could slot it between the Figo and the fiesta sedan! It surely looks a beauty! does have acetian similarity to the Jazz
Old 15th March 2010, 15:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

Ford seem to be seriously testing the new fiesta hatch in India! I hope to god they launch it India! (I saw a white one here in sweden today and it looked superb!) It has such a great stance!

I hope they launch it as a proper hot hatch with a sweet engine and plenty of features like ACC and a sunroof

Found these pics on the net, they were uploaded today!

Source.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-4434211455_d10c576805_o.jpg  

SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-4434211511_34c90170bc_o.jpg  

SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-4434988510_92e3cfd2f8_o.jpg  

SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-4434988600_55c3e35b1a_o.jpg  

Last edited by anekho : 15th March 2010 at 15:12.
Old 15th March 2010, 16:13   #87
Senior - BHPian

1) I doubt if this car will be coming to India in hatchback form. The figo range ends at around Rs. 6 lakhs OTR IIRC for diesel and around Rs. 5 lakh OTR for Pertol. Above that the current range of Fiesta sedan starts. There is no place left for this car as Figo has already arrived. I dont think that Ford will mess up with the current sedan Fiesta or the newly launched Figo for this car.

And overlap is something Ford cannot afford like Maruti. Maruti, even with that huge overlap, has all its cars except A-star selling great, good or decent.

And note that we are still not considering Ikon.

2) Although nice looking, somehow I wonder about the rear visibility in this car. I have seen Ritz and Swift, rear visibility. Ritz has bigger C pillars, where as Swift has a smaller glass. What I mean to say is that Ritz has better rear visibility than Swift. This car seems to have bad rear visibility.
The design flair and modern designs are all good, but IMO, we do need some amount of practicality built into them. The parking places are getting less with time and one has to park in crowded places. I think it would be great if some thought about practicality goes into these modern designs.
Old 15th March 2010, 16:31   #88
Team-BHP Support

I sincerely hope that this makes to the market, but mostly it will not, as there is already a Figo.
Old 15th March 2010, 16:39   #89
Senior - BHPian

This car seriously seems to be in Jazz territory in terms of size. Loos like it is much bigger than the current Swift. If its going to be a global product, they should be able to price it aggresively, since costs would be amortized over a larger volume and not just the sale in the Indian market. That said all initial pointers are towards a niche product, rather than a volume segment where the Figo will be competing.

Last edited by longhorn : 15th March 2010 at 16:44.
Old 15th March 2010, 18:11   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
This car seriously seems to be in Jazz territory in terms of size. Loos like it is much bigger than the current Swift. If its going to be a global product, they should be able to price it aggresively, since costs would be amortized over a larger volume and not just the sale in the Indian market. That said all initial pointers are towards a niche product, rather than a volume segment where the Figo will be competing.
If this is priced similar to Jazz it would be worth buying. Ford European platforms have always been great.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks