Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 20:26   #256
BHPian

These spottings are becoming increasingly common, Sure something is cooking at Ford.
If priced right, this is going to go the i20 way . Keep Coming
Old 8th September 2010, 23:36   #257
Senior - BHPian

The rear passengers are going to feel claustrophobic because of the high waist line.
Old 3rd October 2010, 20:10   #258
R17
BHPian

ACI October issue says the sedan should be launched by Jan 2011 at approx 7-8 L. Do we have any update / inside info regarding the launch status?
Old 3rd October 2010, 20:20   #259
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
ACI October issue says the sedan should be launched by Jan 2011 at approx 7-8 L. Do we have any update / inside info regarding the launch status?
ACI always understimate the price tag.
If launched as sedan this will be in vento HL, city category ie 9-10.
But it is sure worth that price.
Old 3rd October 2010, 21:26   #260
BHPian

I am soon going to be in the market for a premium diesel hatch. From whatever research I've done, the i20 and the Polo are the top of the pack. I haven't driven either, but the Fiesta is a car I've done many hundreds of miles in. If Ford can give an indication of the price and timeline for this car, they can have my cheque. Its got everything that one would want from a premium hatchback - at least here in the UK
Old 4th October 2010, 17:34   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
ACI always understimate the price tag.
If launched as sedan this will be in vento HL, city category ie 9-10.
But it is sure worth that price.
Correct guess on the pricing from you.

2 dealerships in NCR confirm tentative launch of Fiesta twins in Jan / Feb 2011.

Price for Hatch : approx. 6-7 lac range.
Price for Sedan : approx. 10-11 lac range.

Harpreet Ford as usual remain ill-informed.
Old 4th October 2010, 20:34   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
That puts the Hatch directly against the i20. Sensible positioning. i20 is the most successful car in the category.
Old 4th October 2010, 20:46   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2 dealerships in NCR confirm tentative launch of Fiesta twins in Jan / Feb 2011.

Harpreet Ford as usual remain ill-informed.
ACI doesn't mention about the hatch. Considering the failure of Fusion, I wonder even if Ford would want to launch the hatch. But if your info is accurate, it is a very good news.
Old 4th October 2010, 22:22   #264
Senior - BHPian

10 to 11 lacs is a wee bit too high, IMO. 8 to 9 would be a sensible price, else it will meet the same fate as the Linea.

If Ford wants to draw customers away from the ANHC or the Vento, it had better get its pricing right, as it did in the Figo.
Old 4th October 2010, 22:44   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If Ford wants to draw customers away from the ANHC or the Vento, it had better get its pricing right, as it did in the Figo.
Don't think we need to be worried about that,Ford seems to study the market quite well and launched a well priced Figo after observing GM's pricing of the Beat.The problem is when they decided to wait and get back to the drawing board to trim the Figo'sprice,they took away some of the Interior quality as well.Hope they dont skimp of the interiors of the sedan in question.Its one thing to do it for a VFM hatch costing 4 lacs,and completely different thing to do it for a million rupee sedan.
Old 5th October 2010, 08:27   #266
BHPian

Quote:

will the hatch and sedan be launched simultaneously?or the sedan will come first and then the hatch?will powertrains be same?

Also will the next gen fiesta be as fun to drive as the current fiesta?guys need your inputs on this as i am contemplating to buy a new fiesta 1.6s but i am willing to wait!
Old 5th October 2010, 11:43   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Also will the next gen fiesta be as fun to drive as the current fiesta?
Fords are known for their FTD (fun To Drive) factor, and is among their USPs. Keeping that in mind, i believe they wouldnt sacrifice that trait in their newer cars.
Old 5th October 2010, 11:50   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Fords are known for their FTD (fun To Drive) factor, and is among their USPs. Keeping that in mind, i believe they wouldnt sacrifice that trait in their newer cars.
Absolutely spot on. Ford's Euro line has been stellar in this regard for a while now. Somehow, even with ever more stringent safety norms (which has in general made cars heavier), they've managed to eke out decent dynamics from their bread and butter models.

From whatever reviews I've read of the Fiesta, that still seems to be the case. I too expect it to remain that way even after the suspension is tweaked for Indian conditions.
Old 5th October 2010, 15:51   #269
BHPian

My main concern is whether the Electric power steering in the new Fiesta will rob the fun in driving when compared to the current Fiesta!!
Old 5th October 2010, 16:01   #270
BHPian

All that we are discussing is purely speculation based on what the dealerships and some trade magazines are saying. But employees at Ford Motors have been extremely silent on the release dates. Friends at FMC are telling us to watch out for further press releases.

I remember that in Nov / Dec 2002, FMC had behaved in the same way till in late December I received an invite to attend the launch of Ikon nxt 1.3 & 1.6 at Imperial Hotel scheduled for Jan 2003.

The wait continues. Vento has so far failed to make an impression on me. So my next purchase is planned as follows :

If in 2011 : New Gen Fiesta Sedan
If in 2010 : Kizashi (if priced in the Civic / Corolla range)

As of now I have given up the thought of buying an SUV based on availability of Factor M. Another issue is the lack of parking space. Somehow, I am unable to let go of the older vehicles.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 5th October 2010 at 16:06.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed