Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 16:33   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post

If in 2010 : Kizashi (if priced in the Civic / Corolla range)
Apologies, please read that as

If in 2012 : Kizashi (if priced in the Civic / Corolla range)
Old 5th October 2010, 17:57   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Absolutely spot on. Ford's Euro line has been stellar in this regard for a while now. Somehow, even with ever more stringent safety norms (which has in general made cars heavier), they've managed to eke out decent dynamics from their bread and butter models.

From whatever reviews I've read of the Fiesta, that still seems to be the case. I too expect it to remain that way even after the suspension is tweaked for Indian conditions.
A small dampener : Fiesta Hatch will not be with a HPS. I read somewhere that it is going to be a electromechanical or electronic power steering
Old 9th October 2010, 17:41   #273
mxx
BHPian

Car and bike show(NDTV) says it has a scoop.
The sources at ford India says they are considering the fiesta hatch and the hatch might come before the sedan.

Not very surprising if you see that the fiesta hatch has been sighted many times but not the sedan.
Old 9th October 2010, 17:51   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Then, there's inherent long-term benefits for the brand. I mean, the i20 is frequently seen sharing garage space with Mercs & BMWs. Did the i20 raise Hyundai's badge value? You betcha!
I never knew that and I don't know if Hyundai planned for it. But if that has happened, then it is the best thing that has happened to the brand which could not sell those many Sonatas in the past. And of course, some would be a real smart marketing.

BH.
Old 9th October 2010, 19:42   #275
Senior - BHPian

Hope Ford gives us the 1.6 TDCI with the Hatch instead of the 1.4 Diesels.(please no 1.2's)
Old 10th October 2010, 11:12   #276
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Correct guess on the pricing from you.

2 dealerships in NCR confirm tentative launch of Fiesta twins in Jan / Feb 2011.

Price for Hatch : approx. 6-7 lac range.
Price for Sedan : approx. 10-11 lac range.

Harpreet Ford as usual remain ill-informed.
10-11 lac for the Sedan will be rally tough to justify. 7-9 lac ex-showroom is more sensible considering its size.
Old 10th October 2010, 12:33   #277
Team-BHP Support

If the hatch comes in then its going be big war with all guys have a power muscle in their hands! As said earlier, I sincerely hope its not the 1.4TDCI but a next version. That would a rocket for the road.

Till now I was banking on Vento as a next buy, because no hatch was giving me the requirements I wanted. Hope this changes the equation (given the fact that I drive a Fusion!)
Old 11th October 2010, 19:08   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Hope Ford gives us the 1.6 TDCI with the Hatch instead of the 1.4 Diesels.(please no 1.2's)
1.6 Diesel is welcome, but will push the hatch out of the small car excise bracket which I dont feel Ford will gamble with. So if its diesel, it has to be the 1.4 for sure. Ford, please surprise us with nice options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
10-11 lac for the Sedan will be rally tough to justify. 7-9 lac ex-showroom is more sensible considering its size.
What if its larger and have more options compared to the existing model? I think it will make sense for buyers at that range, right?
Old 11th October 2010, 19:55   #279
Senior - BHPian

But will there be many buyers for an expensive hatch. Except enthusiasts who will buy such a car and frankly that number is not too big. The Fiesta sedan thats available now is too old now and I am not sure if it can survive for another year or two in the face of newer cars without major price cuts.
Old 11th October 2010, 20:22   #280
BHPian

I am eagerly looking forward to the launch of the hatch version atleast. I really hope and pray that it comes with the 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT and also with an AT option.

As somebody had posted before that it comes with an EPS and not the trademark ford HPS, I hope it will not take away the fun!

The car is on sale in Thailand/Singapore/Malaysia, the specifications looks mouth watering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Till now I was banking on Vento as a next buy, because no hatch was giving me the requirements I wanted. Hope this changes the equation (given the fact that I drive a Fusion!)
Only an hot hatch from Ford can replace the fusion !! and nothing better than the new fiesta.
Old 11th October 2010, 20:24   #281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
But will there be many buyers for an expensive hatch. Except enthusiasts who will buy such a car and frankly that number is not too big.
i20 sales numbers show a different story! People are more than willing for a hatch, IF the car provides good value. Ford knows how to price cars aggressively, and IMO its a really good move to bring in the fiesta hatch.

PS- I dont agree Jazz is a failure because its an expensive hatch. Its a failure because it didnt offer value, and was priced too closed to the market favourite City.
Old 12th October 2010, 07:42   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
i20 sales numbers show a different story! People are more than willing for a hatch, IF the car provides good value. Ford knows how to price cars aggressively, and IMO its a really good move to bring in the fiesta hatch.

Most of the I20 sales are for the cheap variants for about 6L and lesser and not the fully loaded asta diesel. With its new engine I really doubt if Ford can play the numbers game unless they plonk the Figo 1.4 TDCi and really launch a cheap variant.
Old 12th October 2010, 12:13   #283
Team-BHP Support

That is fine, as long as they also provide an option for the 1.6 Petrol/Diesel. Price should be fine if the 1.6 version goes over 8L.

1.4 would sell numbers and 1.6 would be for the enthusiasts.
Summary: They should at least provide an option for 1.6.
Old 12th October 2010, 13:43   #284
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post

Only an hot hatch from Ford can replace the fusion !! and nothing better than the new fiesta.
+1

I am unable to decide on which hatch to go in for. My Fusion is 3 years old and has clocked 99 K kms and next year i will need a replacement. After driving a Fusion, no other hatch seems to give me the same kind of "Fun-To-Own" factor.
Old 12th October 2010, 18:59   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
+1

I am unable to decide on which hatch to go in for. My Fusion is 3 years old and has clocked 99 K kms and next year i will need a replacement. After driving a Fusion, no other hatch seems to give me the same kind of "Fun-To-Own" factor.
Replacing a Fusion is really a difficult job
My Fusion is 3 yrs old with 30K. So may be I can drive few more year and by that time we can find really some good fusion replacement
Closed Thread

Most Viewed