Team-BHP - SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/74936-scoop-pic-euro-spec-ford-fiesta-spotted-testing-edit-new-pics-pg-15-a.html)

Spotted this car today morning near chengalpet Toll Gate. I was able to make out the TITANIUM written in the left side, but was not able to make out what was written in the right side, car looked similar to Honda Jazz. Mods if this is not appropriate here, please move it to where it is appropriate. Sorry for the bad quality picture, it was taken from my 5130 mobile.

SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-fiestahatch.jpg

Its not Figo for sure. Can make out from the tail lights. Figo tail lights are straight up how ever the tail lights here are in a triangle shape. Also the rear looks very much like Jazz not like Figo as you can compare with various pictures of Figo on this thread. So whats that....

That is the Euro spec Fiesta! Great find!!

^^ Wow, that looks like a very interesting car! Any links to a scoop / preview thread on the forum, anyone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM (Post 1717327)
Spotted this car today morning near chengalpet Toll Gate. I was able to make out the TITANIUM written in the left side, but was not able to make out what was written in the right side, car looked similar to Honda Jazz. Mods if this is not appropriate here, please move it to where it is appropriate. Sorry for the bad quality picture, it was taken from my 5130 mobile.

Great find, Abdul!

Look at the pic below, this is the new Ford Fiesta hatch. Looks like this is coming to our shores soon. clap:

SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-2011_ford_fiesta_hatchback.jpg

EDIT : Looks like kiku beat me to posting it! :)

Quote:

The photograph is very good on all technical parameters, Rahman. Your 5130 (Nokia, is it?) did a decent job.

The question is, which car is this?

That is the Mark VI Fiesta.
It's planned to be lauched this year in many countries including USA,
though i guess its already launched in europe.

Will Ford launch another hatchback in India in almost the same category as Figo is a questionmark.

The wheelbase is exactly the same for Figo and this car and the width is also more or less the same. Instead of launching Figo had Ford launched this car in the Swift price range it would have been another Josh drive for Ford in India. Lookwise its miles ahead of Figo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daewood (Post 1717435)
Instead of launching Figo had Ford launched this car in the Swift price range it would have been another Josh drive for Ford in India. Lookwise its miles ahead of Figo

Buddy, had they launched the all New Fiesta Titanium the pricing would have been quite steep at least in the range of Jazz. In UK it retails at £14,857 Which translates to quite a lot of INR.:Shockked:

Figo seems to a be a well thought out game plan.

Reference link Ford Fiesta | New Ford Fiesta | New Fiesta car range for sale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1717375)
Great find, Abdul!

Look at the pic below, this is the new Ford Fiesta hatch. Looks like this is coming to our shores soon. clap:

Attachment 281507

EDIT : Looks like kiku beat me to posting it! :)

I feel they might be testing an engine or planning a sedan based on it. I dont think FORD will test it with such minimal disguise.

Infact, even FORD logo is visible.

IFRC, even ikon/fiesta facelifts were covered up without revealing any details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 1717578)
I feel they might be testing an engine or planning a sedan based on it. I dont think FORD will test it with such minimal disguise.

Infact, even FORD logo is visible.

IFRC, even ikon/fiesta facelifts were covered up without revealing any details.

You are right. Ford was initially testing Figo with a fake boot. If they were to launch this premium hatchback, it would have been highly disguised. As you said, testing engines or planning a sedan that will replace the current Fiesta.

Quote:

Great catch abdulclap:.I think you should have posted this in Indian Car Scene as a separate thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivn (Post 1717591)
You are right. Ford was initially testing Figo with a fake boot. If they were to launch this premium hatchback, it would have been highly disguised. As you said, testing engines or planning a sedan that will replace the current Fiesta.

Fiesta MK6 is not going to come here any time soon. As far as I know Fiesta sedan, based on Mk6 will come here by the end of this year,will be priced in the ANHC category and not to mention it will co exist with present fiesta.
They may be testing engines on the fiesta hatch.
Expected engines
1.6TDci
1.6Duratec 115 ps

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulpine101 (Post 1717632)
1.6TDci

Exactly! :thumbs up

Leave alone Fiesta MKVI. Our own Ford fiesta could be getting this engine soon. This is expected since Figo is also getting the 1.4 TDCi, fiesta has no USP at that price!

MODS: I think this deserves to be a seperate thread, rather than complicate things in a Figo thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulpine101 (Post 1717632)
Great catch abdulclap:.I think you should have posted this in Indian Car Scene as a separate thread.

I was not sure of what car it was, thought it was a Figo variant, hence i posted here, mods please create a new thread please:.

The mobile did a good job as it was Sunny at 9 in the morning, else the quality of the nokia 5130 camera is not something one can boast of.

Somehow, I don't like the design of new ford cars. They are getting more and more rounded like a balloon. The sharp surfaces and sleeks lines from the previous generation have gone.
Another trend is making the rear windscreen very small, which coupled with thick C pillar really hampers the rear vissibility. Windowline which tapes up towards the rear also makes one feel Claustrophobic sitting in the rear seat.

imo, Fiesta hatch model may not be introduced in India since present Fiesta (sedan) is doing well here. So if any replacement to present Fiesta will be again a sedan model? !
And Figo will do the job in hatchback section!