Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 11:16   #46
BHPian

Guys, what's the connection between the palindrome (Post #32) and T-Jet ?
Old 8th February 2010, 14:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

@donzerus, that's a fantastic observation! Hats off.

I think it connects with the punchline (in the same ad), which says

"Going forward or backward, it's all the same. Fiat Linea".
Old 8th February 2010, 15:12   #48
Senior - BHPian

First of its kind, free upgrade to linea or get linea@ punto price. Hope this brings some customers to FIAT showrooms.
Old 8th February 2010, 16:31   #49
BHPian

I have book my Punto on 24th Jan.
Delivery is expected on 14th feb.

I called the guy who booked my car in FIAT showroom. He told me to come by tomorrow. He said you will have to write a slogan and then lucky draw would decide the winnings.
Old 9th February 2010, 16:12   #50
BHPian

Marketing strategy to bump up sales. I wouldn't really mind a Fiat now! Sure there has to be some hidden agenda.
Old 12th February 2010, 14:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT, but I was thinking what would have been their names if TATA made these cars in India.

Of course,

Fiat Punto will be called TATA Bindu
Fiat Linea will be called TATA Rekha

Last edited by clevermax : 12th February 2010 at 14:45.
Old 12th February 2010, 15:30   #52
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Clever - I didn't get the joke - TATA really comes ups with the best names, and indica and indigo besides nano, safari, vista and Manza are all appreciated names from their stable.

TATA handles the marketing for Fiat in India, so the credit or discredit for this latest strategy goes to TATA rather than FIAT.
Old 12th February 2010, 16:46   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Clever - I didn't get the joke - TATA really comes ups with the best names, and indica and indigo besides nano, safari, vista and Manza are all appreciated names from their stable.
Punto in Italian means point, so 'Bindu'
Linea in Italian means line, so 'Rekha'

thats it.

It is not written to make fun of TATA or their naming of cars which are really good IMO.

Last edited by clevermax : 12th February 2010 at 16:50.
Old 12th February 2010, 18:00   #54
BHPian

Today,I took a test drive of Punto from Concord motors chennai and as usual we have to wait for few minutes for the representative.He gave me the price list for all Fiat models and explained the features.Then i asked for test drive and he asked for a sign in note before test drive(not sure why).Then he took a grey punto base 1.3 Multi jet for test drive from test drive area. The car didn't have any stickers and i asked him ,he said that this is a new vehicle and yet to get registered(not sure and speed didn't work).He was saying that this is a second version and that's why it's not stickered yet. He was not able to get out ,I thought the door got stuck but the inner handle was a broken one which seems to be a great let down for Fiat quality.

The rep didn't even mentioned this offer to me! and I too forgot this.Fiat please inform the reps that you have given this offer and tell them to convey it to all customers.

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 12th February 2010 at 18:02.
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:39   #55
BHPian

Got to know from the Concorde Sales guy that Fiat has withdrawn the "Upgrade your Fiat" offer. When quizzed, he could not give me a convincing explanation too.

The ad seems to have been removed from Fiat's website too...
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:44   #56
BHPian

its is a very odd offer, especially considering that both the cars have been well received. When I bought my Linea last year (April 09) i inquired at all dealers in Mumbai and no one offered any discount, freebie or even a early delivery. I waited for 4 weeks to take the delivery in May. I see lot more of these on road now a days, which shows the success FIAT is enjoying right now. The auto industry did well in last quarter, still to come with these kind of offer is odd. The marketing department at FIAT must have gone mad to offer discount on something which is doing well.

Has anyone won it? Did they offer base model Linea petrol in lieu of top end diesel Punto? The upgrade might cost nearly the same but would be unfair and a loss for the owner.
Old 23rd February 2010, 20:59   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzerus View Post
Got to know from the Concorde Sales guy that Fiat has withdrawn the "Upgrade your Fiat" offer. When quizzed, he could not give me a convincing explanation too.

The ad seems to have been removed from Fiat's website too...
I think the offer was upto Feb 20th. That's what I was told.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks