Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:03   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.ppl View Post
Hey congos soccerfan! Well there is no provision to view your score. People giving idea of their scores which they got upon the submission of quiz.

OT: Which soccer team do u support?
Ok. I have booked the 3 pm slot on mar 7th for the simulation test.

BTW i support Brazil and ManUtd
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:34   #47
BHPian

Someone from Autocar India mag called me up last night (10PM-ish) to tell me that I was amongst the top scorers in the Delhi region. The guy kept pestering me to show up today (3/3) to supposedly set a "benchmark" for the others. I asked him to give me an address where I could send my client billings for the 8 odd hours of work I'd miss by showing up for their test. That shut him up.

P.S.: They've shortlisted approximately 1K candidates from the North India region.
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:48   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I qualified too for Phase 2 Driving Simulator test in Navi Mumbai. Now that's far!
there's also one near ghatkoper shopper's stop. (amar mahal junction).
that one will be more convenient for u IMO.

i will be giving my test today at 4pm.
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

I have scheduled my simulator test on 7th March, from 3 to 4 PM, at Bimal Auto Agency in Indiranagar. Anyone joining me?
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:21   #50
BHPian

I got short listed and I scheduled my test on 6th 3-4 pm. The worst part is that I'm having an exam on 6th and 20th :(
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:47   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Someone from Autocar India mag called me up last night (10PM-ish) to tell me that I was amongst the top scorers in the Delhi region. The guy kept pestering me to show up today (3/3) to supposedly set a "benchmark" for the others. I asked him to give me an address where I could send my client billings for the 8 odd hours of work I'd miss by showing up for their test. That shut him up.

P.S.: They've shortlisted approximately 1K candidates from the North India region.
Same here, I had got a call at 7pm, I was in the top 10 in India, he said I should come today, I think they might be doing something for the press and all, and therfore wanted us toppers to come first
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:45   #52
BHPian

gave the test today afternoon. was as stupid as it gets. The instructor asking to me to drive through a simulated Delhi road with green CNG rickshaws chugging along in first lane at 10kmph. The trick is to not overtake from left.

The instructor gives a fault rating. i think i got some 10.
Look out for below to score minimum faults
*yellow lines that you should not cross.
*lane changing without indicators
*lane breaks midway without asmooth flow of white yellow lines
*no overtaking from left.
*brake well in advance
*watch out for compulsory left and rights.
*watch for the speed limit boards.
*If the instructors ask you to park on side of a road ensure that there is no car on the side and behind you. if he forces you to park then stop slowly and put on your hazard lights asssuming its a emergency stop situation.
*Most importantly. let the simulator engine rev.. rev it like crazy but don't overspeed it can barely be heard. if u try and use the feather touch controls like we do in our daily drives the car will stall. Not a good sign for a driver.

They also made me take a simple reverse parking test.
Ensure that whatever is your car to park, you park it well inside the square. they expect at least one foot gap from each border of the square between cones lining the border.

Don't forget to wear the seat belt as soon as you get into the simulator.

All the best. Looks like the key is to score maximum points is to drive very slow and earn minimum faults. which we will always make a few no amtter what.

I don't expect to go ahead to the next round. All the best to the others.
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:41   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Hey! I have also scheduled the slot on the same day, same venue though time slot is 1-2PM.
Where do you put up? Kindly PM me your number, we'll meet up, I'll be free from the second round by the time you reach. Would be glad to meet you and would surely share some tricks with fellow Team-Bhpain.
Old 3rd March 2010, 21:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

I went to the maruti driving school today at chembur for the round 2 of this contest. I really messed up with the parking test. The car given to me was an alto w/o power steering which made my life slightly more difficult while parking. I managed to park the car in a total time of 2:05 mins, however after getting out i realised that there where lines drawn and it was not just cones within which i had 2 park. My right front tyre was on the line and i guess that is not a good sign.
The simulator test was really simple. The people in charge were friendly and smiling and that was a good thing. We get 3 mins to get accustomed to the simulator and 5 mins thereafter for the test. The gear changing quite contrary to what people said is really a breeze however the pedals are slightly misleading with the accelerator pedal being feather-light and brake pedal being super hard. Overall a nice experience. Waiting for the call to delhi!
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:17   #55
BHPian

If anyone went to the simulator at Delhi, please let us know about the procedure here. I dont think Magic Auto in CR park has place to conduct the parking test ?
Old 4th March 2010, 15:26   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
SilentEngine, vinaydas and myself will be there on sunday
bangalore people, please try to book your turn on 7th the 3-4pm batch so that we can have a mini t-bhp meet.

@SilentEngine- What time have you booked your simulator round?
I have booked mine for 7th, 2-3pm slot at RNS Yeshwanthpur.
So i guess we can meet
Old 4th March 2010, 15:33   #57
BHPian

Ah, Murphy's law here, turns out Sunday is offlimits for me, have asked them to reschedule, lets see what they reply, will call the Autocar guy if they dont reschedule me
Old 4th March 2010, 16:02   #58
kkg
BHPian

I did get to 2nd round with my maximum sore of 81. Have booked time slot of 12PM at T R Shawney automobiles in Badli ind area near Rohini on 8th march, monday.
Old 4th March 2010, 16:05   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

I went for round 2 today. There was no parking test, just a 3 minute simulator round. They did not give me time to get used to simulator.

The instructor was not interested in what i was doing, all he wanted was to get the simulator free for the people who have come there for driving classes. I am sure ill get randomly marked.

The Simulator is a joke, all controls feel more like a badly designed video game as they lack feel and feedback. The brake pedal needs to be pushed till the floor to stop the car. The car needs a lot of gas to get moving, the car stalls if you try to drive it like a real car.

Anyways did my best to drive the car safely following all rules. Stalled the car at start once and stopped on zebra crossing on the red light due to weird brake pedal. Rest all was perfect.
Old 4th March 2010, 16:10   #60
BHPian

I have scheduled it for the 12th at Bharath Motors in Mangalore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks