- Western style toilets vs Indian style toilets
- Rain water harvesting
- Number of people killed in road accidents
- Percentage of slum population in cities
- Cost of getting a license
- Bathing/washing clothes on public roads
- Cost of parking space in Hong Kong
- Congestion fee on cars in Delhi

I generally don't comment on people, but I have noticed that this thread has been single-handedly hijacked by one member whose (more than 15) long posts contain random and off-topic arguments, which add no value to the topic being discussed or to the forum.

Last edited by GTO : 12th February 2010 at 10:10. Reason: Nice post, but removing comments on member. Please use the "report this post to a moderator" functionality to get our attn.
Old 11th February 2010, 13:51   #107
BHPian

Good one! I concur with Rohan_iitr below (hey we have the same 1st name!). But nonetheless it has been an entertaining thread and did add a lot of laughter in the process! Please do not delete this thread, i would love to keep myself amused in the future!
Old 11th February 2010, 17:50   #108
BHPian

Let the thread be and let's post relevant to the topic. Suppose BMC takes this up a notch and such fines get commonplace, there will be a lot to worry about.
Old 16th February 2010, 11:49   #109
BHPian

Is this applicable in Hyderabad too? I've not seen anyone talking about it as yet.
Old 31st March 2010, 15:02   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
An admirable course of action but there's absoutely no need for regulation at the moment in India. When we start predicting shortages that is an agreeable course. Until then, there's no need.
So your point is unless there's a draught officially declared by the government in your area, you will keep hosing down your car every day just because you pay for it?

Regarding the topic of the thread, what the BMC has been doing is nothing but politics. It's no use expecting any rational and sensible decisions from the current political leadership which has proven time and again they can't think beyond their own short term gains. What about all these measures which are law?

1. Talking on the cellphone while driving: Countless people drive/ride while talking on the cellphone. Is the traffic police department really serious about preventing these crimes?

2. Wearing a helmet while riding a bike (also mandatory for pillion riders): Traffic policemen themselves are sometimes seen riding without helmets. As for others, there was a big drive a few months back to nab and punish the offenders. Today hardly anyone bothers to stop such motorists, unless they have set up some special checking points to complete their monthly quotas.

3. Fancy numberplates: Not only political goondas, but even others are busy showing off their fancy numberplates. Action taken? Ignore them. I once pointed out a white Swift driving in front of me with no numberplate to a policeman on duty. His reply? "We shall see about it later, get moving fast."

The cleaning drive and the marshalls and all that are just measures to divert attention of the people away from the real issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks