Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 16:08   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I like this rule. Now how about the BMC implement it on the hoards of taxis and autos that get washed on the roads near the pipelines ??
I bet they won't dare fine those guys !
And since this is in view of a "Clean up drive", how about getting rid of those awful and ugly hoardings wishing every person in this country a happy birthday as well as welcoming them to the city of Bombay!
Old 9th February 2010, 16:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
The idea behind it is supposed to be to curb littering. But wait a minute. Even if you wash your car inside your compound, the water will eventually reach the same ditch. Finally, the litter still ends up in the same place. And on top of that, I can't really agree that dust/mud which is what most cars are covered with counts as litter.

If this about water wastage, then the government has no right at all on the matter. I pay for the damn water and I have every right to use it to wash my car. Its ridiculous to say that cars should only be washed with one bucket or anything like that.

All in all, it just goes to show what a bunch of fools make the decisions. May they rot in the unwashed depths of hell.
amen to that bro! the govt. seems to be find ways and means to extract more money out of the ordinary citizens. just imagine if this becomes a rule in namma Bengaluru - a lot of people are gonna go bankrupt pretty soon!
Old 9th February 2010, 16:09   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Isn't this itself a violation of rules? Why fine for washing on the road, when parking on the road itself is an issue?

BTW, using a car duster should serve the purpose I think, on most of the days.
Yes, parking on road is a free benefit we are enjoying for years. Dont know when each city will start charging for it, which is perfectly legal and moral provided reasonable. If we all mention this as an argument to protest fine on public washing, may end up accelerating the process! Beware!
Old 9th February 2010, 16:16   #34
BANNED

This looks like an isolated incident. Can anyone confirm if this has actually been officially implemented? No receipts were given. Looks like some guys just put "Topi" for the car owners. If it was an official BMC thing, they should have issued a receipt. Can you use the RTI to check on this?
Old 9th February 2010, 16:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

A very famous politician's cars are always washed on public road that too when there was a water shortage in Pune. I guess this is applicable to only common man !!
Old 9th February 2010, 16:19   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
If this about water wastage, then the government has no right at all on the matter. I pay for the damn water and I have every right to use it to wash my car. Its ridiculous to say that cars should only be washed with one bucket or anything like that.
If washing on street is same as washing inside compound, can we send all of Mumbai's cars to be washed in front of your house?

Nowhere in India is water charged at real cost, it is subsidised even to the undeserving. Even if you pay market rates does not mean you can waste it.

Just count yourself lucky that you are not living in a country where rule of law works, like OZ etc. You may go to JAIL for wasting water in a drought prone area

I find such attitudes shocking...that too coming from so-called educated crowd. May god save the country from such people

Last edited by Traxter : 9th February 2010 at 16:23.
Old 9th February 2010, 16:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Dumb Govt.

Whats up with our govt. these days imposing such stupid rules. If they want to curb litering in our country,let them first impose fines on people peeing and spitting on the road. Atleast that way our country would smell better. By washing our cars we are indirectly washing our streets as well when will the govt. realize that too ???
Old 9th February 2010, 16:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxter View Post
Why are you not punishing x, y and z is a good argument on a forum like this but not in front of legal authorities. Everyone wants to be the last one to be punished.
Well, the logic is simple. If vehicle is not parked on the road, chances are minimal that it will washed on the road. Hence solve the issue of parking on the road. And yes, fine those who still wash on the road.

Ours is a democracy, and here majority parks on the road.

Quote:
Yes, parking on road is a free benefit we are enjoying for years. Dont know when each city will start charging for it, which is perfectly legal and moral provided reasonable. If we all mention this as an argument to protest fine on public washing, may end up accelerating the process! Beware!
. BTW, my car is neither parked on the road, nor washed there. It is in the basement - office or home.

Quote:
Nowhere in India is water charged at real cost, it is subsidised even to the undeserving. Even if you pay market rates does not mean you can waste it.

Just count yourself lucky that you are not living in a country where rule of law works, like OZ etc. You may go to JAIL for wasting water in a drought prone area

I find such attitudes shocking...that too coming from so-called educated crowd. May god save the country from such people
What has subsidy got to do with where the car is washed? Somebody may park car inside and still use 10 buckets of water to wash it.
Old 9th February 2010, 16:40   #39
BHPian

The attitude we see here is 'I am so clever, I can use any clever argument to wriggle out, I can ask police to go after all other crimes in the country before coming to me, if that fails I can use my money/influence to 'take care' of matters...'

Exactly the same attitude of Rathore, Salman Khan, Nanda and so many others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
What has subsidy got to do with where the car is washed? Somebody may park car inside and still use 10 buckets of water to wash it.
Using 10 buckets or more is (should be) a crime whether inside or outside. Exceptions can be made in areas getting heavy rain or water surplus etc., but such areas are very small in India. Especially in KA because here people are ready to KILL, go on riots, destroy property for water 'wars'

This new "merge post" thing that many forums are using these days is distorting some posts...Raj, my comment on attitude, that is shown before your quote is not aimed at you...

Last edited by bblost : 9th February 2010 at 16:56. Reason: back 2 back post. Please use edit post if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 9th February 2010, 16:55   #40
Team-BHP Support

Traxter, I agree with most of your points about wasting water for cleaning a car.

In my opinion 8 Litres or half a bucket is enough to clean a car.

But when you adopt an aggressive tone filled with sarcasm the point you are making gets lost.

I request everyone to tone down the language. This is a very important discussion with quite a big set of ramifications. The earth we live on is slowly dying. Sorry the earth will survive but can our future generations survive our wasteful habits.

Lets get back to the Topic and look at progress instead of baiting.

Thanks,
Imran
Old 9th February 2010, 17:07   #41
BHPian

alarming... for a city like mumbai that is jam packed & real estete rates soaring high' where would people who dont have a space inside there compound go for washing ...sad drive... is not going to last long
Old 9th February 2010, 17:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I request everyone to tone down the language. This is a very important discussion with quite a big set of ramifications. The earth we live on is slowly dying. Sorry the earth will survive but can our future generations survive our wasteful habits.
couldn't agree with you more.

why talk about buckets of water - people waste water when they start the day! keeping the tap running when brushing your teeth/shaving etc.

change starts from within. be the change.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:18   #43
BHPian

Sorry Imran I should be more moderate in words I agree...just could not bare to see urban elite acting in such ways...

To those who may have felt targeted - please see the spirit of the message..no personal offense meant.

We have to be leaders in such matters, not followers or even stumbling blocks as we mostly are, that is IMHO.

Last edited by Traxter : 9th February 2010 at 17:25.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:18   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Lets get back to the Topic and look at progress instead of baiting.

Thanks,
Imran
Surely I agree with you. But the point here is what should have been a logical step and what step has been taken. There are bigger wastes out there for the government to control, yet what they have proposed is high inconvenience for a minute gain.

By the way, isn't it hurting (in a similiar way) when you travel in a Euro 3 car and see a big forging factory throwing tons of smoke out it's chimney...
Old 9th February 2010, 17:23   #45
BHPian

re

frankly speaking, the fines (penalty amount) in India are ridiculous. It is just 1000 bucks. In Hyderabad, it is just 250 bucks for jumping a red light. Can you imagine? It is even cheaper than the cheapest chinese products.

Okay, Mr. Police Chief - here is my 1000 bucks, i am gonna wash my car on the street.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks