Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 18:16   #211
Senior - BHPian

I don't know why some people defend ugly looks of Etios. They may be Toyota fans but instead of defending they should criticize severely. This severe criticism will prompt them into bringing better looking cars. As long as we defend or patronize ugly cars, manufacturers will continue to palm off their eye-sores on our shores.
Old 8th September 2010, 19:42   #212
BHPian

^^^^^^^
I agree that the Etios sedan is an ugly car and IMO it even looks worse than the Logan. But, the hatch is decent looking vehicle,it may not be as good looking as the GP but still its palatable.
Old 8th September 2010, 20:25   #213
Senior - BHPian

Sedan is younger brother of Logan and hatch rear looks like boring Micra. But Toyota brand name will do the trick!
Old 8th September 2010, 20:44   #214
BANNED

I think Toyota tries to replicate the Qualis - Innova success history in the hatch segment also.

First they introduced the ugly looking Qualis but that was a car with solid performance. People queued for Qualis, and sales charts were rising.
Then they withdrew Qualis and introduced Innova - which has everything way better than Qualis. That too sells very well.

So, after Etios, a modern looking car may come to replace it!
Old 8th September 2010, 20:50   #215
BHPian

While I was going to Vijayawada from Hyderabad on 25-Aug-2010, I saw the etios test cars, both versions (hatch and sedan) going towards Hyderabad. This is around 100 km from Hyderabad.
Old 9th September 2010, 10:45   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Expected launch date for the Etios is in the last week of December 2010. I got this information from the person working in the plant.

The dates may change, I will keep updated as soon as I obtain information about the launch
Old 9th September 2010, 11:03   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota's USP is their engine reliability and quality; and definitely not looks. They have been traditionally going the same way making boring vehicles; in terms of looks. Qualis, Innova..and now the Etios.

But I am sure this will also be a huge hit considering Toyota's previous strategies -- should be a killer pricing too if history is to go by.
Old 9th September 2010, 11:30   #218
BHPian

The moment I saw Etios pictures during the auto expo, I wondered why Toyota sedan looks like Logan. I am not a fan of Toyotas as most of their cars are not driver centric. But if they put the corolla 1.4L diesel engine to Etios, I think it would sell well. One Toyota I would like to see in India is IQ - it would be a fun city car albiet an expensive one.
Old 13th September 2010, 13:39   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Expected launch date for the Etios is in the last week of December 2010. I got this information from the person working in the plant.
But we have started seeing 'Teaser' advertisements in Newspapers already?
Old 13th September 2010, 14:11   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
But we have started seeing 'Teaser' advertisements in Newspapers already?
The pilot batch production will be underway either by end of this month or beginning of next month. The production line is being worked upon to ensure there are no teething issues during the commercial production. Also the Corolla Altis line will be moved to this second plant. So they are indeed gearing up for the launch.

Also Toyota might be building up inventory to cater to the demand. Probably not to create the same situation as Fortuner.
Old 17th September 2010, 15:42   #221
BHPian

Got a call from one of the Toyota dealers (in Bangalore), today. Etios , hatch and sedan, launch is during Dec 2010 and will be on sale from Jan 2011.

Sedan is expected to cost 8 Lakhs and the hatch about 5 Lakhs. He took my home address and promised to send me more details.
Old 17th September 2010, 17:03   #222
Senior - BHPian

Etios hatch looks quite Ok not outstanding compared to Italian /German beauties. In general Toyota vehicles are not that great on looks , however there strong points are reliability & low maintenance.
If the priced under 4.5 lacs then it will surely sell like hot cakes.
Toyota must be fine tuning the interiors based on the road-show feedback. I am sure that the interiors will be quite different on the production version unlike the displayed models.

The sedan is a real ugly duckling, hope they work on the exteriors to have some palatable looks.
Old 17th September 2010, 17:46   #223
Senior - BHPian

I don't see the Etios sedan moving much numbers unless its priced close to the Dzire. There might be more takers from the taxi segment than the private segment for this car, unless they work on the boot big time. For the hatch, it might be a different story though, provided its priced close to the Swift.
Old 30th September 2010, 16:48   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
According to the salesman who I spoke to during my test-drive said that the Etios should be launched end-2010 or early 2011. But personally, I'm pretty dissapointed with the Etios. Looks just like a Logan. :(
Cheers,
fordfreak
I 100% agree with you on the looks comparisons of Etios & Logan. They look eeriely similar.
Old 1st October 2010, 16:00   #225
BHPian

they should have given it the Yaris looks. Toyota wants to do the same every time? They introduced the ugly Qualis first to replace it with the Innova later ?can it stand against the beautiful Swift etc..

Yaris Demos and Videos
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks