Team-BHP - Scoop Pics of Toyota Etios
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop Pics of Toyota Etios (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/75123-scoop-pics-toyota-etios.html)

Note from Support : GTO's Etios review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review. This thread is closed.

Hello everybody,this is my first post.Today afternoon i spotted the Toyota Etios being tested at the Bangalore University.Both the sedan and the hatchback were being tested.Most importantly,there were a few Japanese engineers present and they were driving.It was like a convoy with a quite of lot of convoy.Both the cars were white and both had no batches.The sedan looks exactly like Logan from the rear.
Notice the waist line which is same for both hatch and sedan.The sedan looks different from hatch from the front angle.Unfortunately I couldn't take a picture from the front.
And guys sorry that I did not take more pictures.

Scoop Pics of Toyota Etios-image_184.jpg

Scoop Pics of Toyota Etios-image_185.jpg

Scoop Pics of Toyota Etios-image_186.jpg

Scoop Pics of Toyota Etios-image_187.jpg

Nice way to start your journey on Team BHPclap:
The Etios sedan is so Logan like from the rear! the hatch still has good proportions and will surely be a hit.

The pictures are awesome man! What a way to start your journey. WHile the car looks very ordinary and bland, theb rand image is what will help a normal car be a big hit with the masses

Considering the wheels & the side profile, the hatchback seems to be a bit Fiat 500ish.

Great pics Aniket !

The alloys look boring & so does the overall styling :Frustrati

Affordable doesn't mean that it should be boring & bland :(

Toyota design engineers can learn a lesson or two from GM engineers, especially after seeing the awesome design of the Chevy beat !

It looks compromised in terms of design & performance, almost screaming cost cutting from every angle !

- no complex shapes to cut down on tooling cost
- single wiper !?!? c'mon toyota, this is no auto rickshaw - saving a few hundreds and compromising driver visibility in the indian monsoons, no way, not expected , big thumbs down
- low rent interior plastics
- below average paint quality too

Hope its not decided to roll out the Etios with MRF or JK tyres :(

@ ankit now thats a great scoop looks a lot like the toyota echo

Quote:

Originally Posted by GR8NATIVE (Post 1722656)
@ ankit now thats a great scoop looks a lot like the toyota echo

What do yoy mean by Toyota Echo ?
Any way great effort for the frist timer.clap:

Looks like it good good ground clearance, space at the rear for a hatch, 14 inch alloys or so.

Good one Aniket.

Decent looking cars,IMO.I'd like to see the sedan with a spoiler ( and in black color),giving it a bit more sporty apprearance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksons (Post 1722664)
What do yoy mean by Toyota Echo ?

Here you go. Find more info through the link below

Toyota Echo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it was entry level sedan from Toyota in North America. (1999-2005)

Great scoop Aniket.

The hatch does look good, but in white it looks boring.

@nirmaljustdoit - I think the single wiper should be swiping through the entire breadth of the windshield. I have seen lot of mercs having single wipers in Dubai.

Thats a great scoop!

MODS: kindly watermark the pics ASAP as this is the first time EVER a production model of the ethios has been scooped testing on the roads. It is an tbhp exclusive.

Otherwise you know what other sites will do to take credit.

@ Sid - most of them give a credit back to us as we all do from other site. :thumbs up

Aniket - good catch, you seem to be in the right place at the right time, do give us more information on the prized catch..

Without the chrome makeup (the car at the Auto Expo) this street car looks too much like a Logan to me. I'm curious about the pricing on this car. If it's priced more than the Logan i doubt it will make a dent in D'Zire sales. Toyota has to target the D'Zire if they want to succeed with this product.