Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Xylo or Grande MK-II or Innova?
Innova E 37 27.41%
Xylo E6 3 2.22%
Xylo E8 with ABS 60 44.44%
Grande EX 10 7.41%
Grande GX 25 18.52%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 16:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Xylo all the way. Though I do not like the headlamp design. Koreans have proven that Ugly cars can sell in good numbers and Mahindra is taking it one step further.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

I voted for Grande MKII GX considering its for personal use.
Xylo never appealed me and Innova E is too basic to even consider though it scores over Xylo & Grande in almost every department.
Old 9th February 2010, 18:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

finally, i have also voted!

i have voted for the Xylo E8 with ABS. reasons?

1) it gives me all the creature comforts at this price. hey, i am buying the top end version!

2) it gives me ABS.

3) ride comfort is better than the grande & not too bad when compared to the innova.

4) seating & space is on par with innova.
Old 9th February 2010, 18:52   #19
BHPian

Can some Xylo owners confirm that Xylo has 'welded Cross bars" on all its doors for side impact protection?

Mahindra never replied me for may mails on this basic mandatory safety feature.

Lack of side impact protection bars puts me off More than xylo's ood looks(middle row odd shape window and styling) design

OT:
I am on the look of a reasonable family 7/8 seater vehicle in the coming 12 months. Preferably Autotransmission.
At present only Mahindra as an Indian manufacturer has developed Auto Transmission.
For me Xylo E4 A/T with ABS / Scorpio SLE ABS A/T Budget 9-10L ex showroom price.

Last edited by harimakesh : 9th February 2010 at 18:58.
Old 9th February 2010, 19:36   #20
BHPian

I vote for the Xylo E8 with ABS because it offers the most value amongst the others here.

Even if a high end Innova featured I would still probably go for the Xylo, though I must admit the high end Innova would be hard not to consider seriously but the price would be the ultimate factor.

The MKII, no offence to anyone IMHO looks quite bad, not that the Xylo is better but compared to the MKII it is.

I cant ever get why Indian companies have to make MUV's ugly, Is it like someone has a patent over good looks so the Indian Manufactures have no choice but to make ugly looking MUV's. But I digress.

Jai Ho
Xylo.
Old 9th February 2010, 22:23   #21
BHPian

Xylo E8 abs is the best in class
The looks of the xylo vary indivisually and personally i like the looks of the beast a lot..
innova may be an MPV which i reliable with exec looks but still the beast stands over the beauty ..... and hence i justify my vote!
@raj- good choice for the xylo , when are you going to book??
Old 9th February 2010, 22:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

A loaded xylo and a barebones segment leader to compare(leaving out the grande for its rear leaf springs). Xylo over innova because 1) long term usage-may stretch to ten years to the max. 2) Durability of components over this long term-suspension overhaul. 3) Cost of maintenance-including engine overhaul, turbo repair. Of course, comfort, reliability and other factors are just a matter of degree.
Old 9th February 2010, 22:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
You're buying yourself another vehicle?

He already has a Scorpio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Xylo looks like a good package. I dont know much about Grande MkII, test drive and make a final pick between Xylo and Grande MkII.
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
@raj- good choice for the xylo , when are you going to book??
hey guys, i am NOT buying any vehicle! this is just a comparo.
Old 10th February 2010, 00:15   #24
BHPian

None of these.
Innova E is too bare bones
Xylo looks as if it was designed by Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon (may his nose rest in peace)
Tata has a history of chargesheets for possessing arms ( to shoot itself in the foot.)
Old 10th February 2010, 23:11   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

1) it gives me all the creature comforts at this price. hey, i am buying the top end version!
WE guessed from this that you are buying!!..It may be a typo then!
Old 11th February 2010, 00:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

of three, my choice would be Grande. Looks butch and IS NOT A TAXI. No to Xylo. Looks ugly. And certainly a big no to Innova. Very van and very very very much a taxi these days. so much that if you are driving an Innova, you had better be smartly dresssed. else you would be mistaken for a driver.

Last edited by pgsagar : 11th February 2010 at 00:11.
Old 11th February 2010, 01:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the Grande GX only because it looks different from the Innova (the benchmark IMO) and build quality has improved vastly over last year's models and for the money one gets a lot of equipment. I didn't even consider the Xylo as it looks too much like a caricature and not a car/van to me.The Grande is the only vehicle that can pass off as a lifestyle choice as the other two look too utilitarian.My only wish is that the styling could have been a bit aesthetic and not so butch.

Last edited by nickatnite : 11th February 2010 at 01:46.
Old 11th February 2010, 16:09   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm not one who places too much importance on the bells & whistles. To me, the way that the car is engineered is top priority. And that's where the Innova leaves the Grande (especially) and the Xylo in the dust. The Toyota is an all-rounder too.

Innova with PS for 7.99L please.
Old 11th February 2010, 18:30   #29
BHPian

No Innova without PS. Otherwise Xylo. No PS for such heavy vechile is not good idea.
Old 11th February 2010, 18:39   #30
J.Ravi

I voted for Mahindra Xylo E8 with ABS. I have driven both Innova and Xylo extensively. I always liked Xylo. In fact, I was all set to go in for Xylo, when Fiat Linea was launched, and ultimately, fell for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks