Team-BHP - Grande MK-II or Xylo or Innova?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Grande MK-II or Xylo or Innova? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/75150-grande-mk-ii-xylo-innova.html)

I know its a no-brainer that the innova is easily the best in the segment.

but the point is, which is a better option if you are on a tight budget?

now, the innova E comes for 7.73 lakhs but without power steering, power windows, no three row AC & with black bumpers/mirrors/door handles. the one with PS comes at 7.99 lakhs.

for a lesser price (7.31L), we get the xylo E6 with all the bells & whistles & for marginally more amount, you get the top end E8 for 7.82 lakhs. add ABS & the price goes to 7.99 lakhs.

the grande EX with PS, PW & roof mounted AC costs 6.96 lakhs & the top end GX costs 7.66 lakhs.

so if you STRICTLY had a budget of 7-8 lakhs, what will be your choice?

1) innova E with PS - 7.99L
2) Xylo E6 - 7.31L
3) Xylo top end E8 WITH ABS -7.99L
4) Grande EX- 6.96L
5) Grande GX- 7.66L

P.S.: There is no option of increasing budget! :D

Wow, you've started a poll to end my confusion :) Thank you.
If I would've started, I would've added E4 & Scorp.
The other day, I'd TD Grande Sumo MKII & was impressed by the silence in the cabin & power of 2.2 Dicor. However it was not fun to drive & the last row (to an extend the middle row too) was quite bumpy. I've several Kms of experience with Innova & Qualis & never found their rows to be so bumpy, otherwise I would've zeroed in on MKII

If on a tight budget I would pick a Xylo, Innova without a doubt is the best of this lot but the lower trim versions are too much stripped off and they look like a taxi.

Best option at this price range not listed here is Scorpio SLE.

You're buying yourself another vehicle?

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 1723497)

Best option at this price range not listed here is Scorpio SLE.

He already has a Scorpio.

Xylo lo!!!
Get the Xylo top end. Pure value for money maal. If I can suggest colours, avoid the popat green. It looks yucky to the core. The white colored Xylo looks just fine. Heck, it'll match your white Scorpio as well :p. It has everything that the Innova has to offer. Well, almost.
And guess what? It's a Mahindra. :D

Xylo looks like a good package. I dont know much about Grande MkII, test drive and make a final pick between Xylo and Grande MkII.

new Grande MKII is a good option - but TATA is famous for their after sales service. I would suggest Xylo E6 or if budget permits E8 with ABS.

I would say either Innova or Xylo. Both are equally good. I voted for the Innova simply because I find the Xylo's looks a bit too crude (hey, its just my opinion!). Innova on the other hand looks like a nice executive MPV, and its sheer road presence says its worth it as well!

Any day it should be Scorpio LX/SLE in the same range or it should be the mighty people mover XYLO E8 for me.Thanks Raj for starting the thread.There were many confused people with that price tag

rather than basic version of Innova, i would rather prefer top end of XYLO with all bells and whistles! Grande is recently launched and yet to be prove its performance on indian roads. Added to this is not so good A.S.S of TATA.

So the decision would be between XYLO and Innova. Rather than basic PS Innova, XYLO top end is the one,if one can digest its looks!

OT:

Any news of new version of XYLO, say with better looks?

Peace of Mind, Reliability and Resale - Innova E or Xylo E8 with ABS

Value for money - Xylo E8 or MKII Grande G

Indestructibility, Space, SUV Looks, Go anywhere max ability on 2WD - MKII

Space utilization - Xylo E8

worst Looking - Xylo

Best looking - Innova is you like soft looks and MKII Grande is you like it Matcho

Best fit and finish - Innova followed by Xylo

Max Power - MKII Grande

Touches the Heart - MKII
Apeals to the Head - Xylo
Most premium on the outside with basic interiors - Innova

Not a Taxi today - MKII

My Choice - MKII Grand GX

Most likely winner of Poll - Xylo E8 with ABS

If TATA offers ABS and change the Dash on Grande MKII GX, I will sure go for MKII for the following reasons a) Macho looks & exterior styling b) 2.2VTT Engine with 120BHP Power c) Continuously Improving Larger service network of TATA

However as ABS and good Dash design is currently missing on MKII the my next choice is Xylo E8 ABS ( If only M&M offers ABS on all E4 ABS is fine for me):)

I am on wait for an year to see ABS coming on Grande / Xylo E4. Hence Did not vote.

Xylo E8 with ABS. Total paisa vasool.
If I may, all your prices seem to be ex-showroom and not OTR. Looks like this poll is for public consumption- altruistic but not selfish. Or are you really looking to buy another monster to complement your current one?

My vote is with Xylo E8 with ABS.
Reasons:
1) Innova looses to Xylo and Grande MKII in the value for money battle. Comfort and convenience features of Xylo E8 are far too many than basic Innova variant.
2) Suspension setup of Xylo (coil springs) allows better comfort for rear passengers. Grande MKII though improved but still lags in this area given the leaf spring setup at rear.
3) With Mahindra reliability and ruggedness one can reasonably expect a good and trouble free ownership experience.
4) I would give least points to Xylo in the looks department among the competition but personally I don’t mind the looks that much.

My vote goes for the Xylo E6.7 seater.

Apart from the ABS and airbags I think most of the other things offered on the top end E8 were things I could live without.

Voted for Innova for the following reasons :

1) Handling : Innova is one of the best handling people mover. This is required when somebody has to do many kms in a day with several breaks. After around 500 kms. less body roll and better handling helps a lot. It makes the car stress free to drive and travel in.

2) Ride : Somehow, Innova's suspension setup is near to perfect considering varied terrains. For very bad roads, Xylo might be better, but overall, Innova wins.

3) Reliability : The current Toyota crisis that we are witnessing all over might not be good, but I would rate Innova's quality above both Tata and Mahindra. Tata has proven how insensitive they can be in the thread " protest against Tata motors ". Mahindra had issue with grabby brakes of Xylo, specially during initial driving.
On the other hand Innova has proven its reliability till now and I have personally seen many Innova with over one lakh ( some even more than one lakh kms.+ ) still going strong.

We are not talking about driver's car where compromise on comfort can be tolerated. Here was are discussing about people movers, and overall comfort and peace of mind does count. Here is where Innova takes the crown.