Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 16:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Corolla Altis Sport–2010 Limited Edition Features, Specifications And Price

Toyota the world’s largest car maker, as we all know is known for its technology as well as the quality of products setting new benchmarks. Toyota has been found testing its new limited edition Toyota Corolla Altis Sport at the new test track in Bidadi plant which is constructed for normal model testing and comprises shower stalls, rumble strips and it is 1085m long with two U-turns at the ends signposted for 30kph.

Toyota Corolla Altis Sport–2010 Limited Edition Features, Specifications And Price-toyotacorollaaltissport.jpg

The new Toyota Corolla Altis sport is not different from its previous variants as the car has not received any technical tweaks and hence this car comes with slight exterior changes to lure the customers.

Features And Specifications Of Toyota Corolla Altis Sports Limited Edition

The new model comes with aerodynamic front bumper , a rear bumper and a spoiler. The spoiler looks good with the LED installation, sleek side skirting and beautiful head lamps.

Talking about the interiors the car has been given a more contemporary dual tone interiors with wooden finish and it also comes with rear cup holders. Other features include the cabin being the same with rear reading light, leather seat covers, wooden shift door knob, trunk mat, floor mat, car cushion, leather seat covers for front and rear, cargo net, etc.
Inspite of giving it a sport suffix the car has no changes in the power train, and the car comes with the same 1.8 liter VVT-i gasoline engine, with 4 cylinders delivering 132PS@6000 rpm and 170Nm@4200 rpm and a 5- speed manual gearbox.

In terms of safety features it is equipped with ABS and EBD, airbags for passengers and driver and front fog lamps but if compared to the top Altis models ( 1.8Gl and VL) and car is a bit disappointing as it lacks some features like headlamp leveling system, some comfort features in terms of the seating, and cruise control.

Price Of Toyota Corolla Altis Sports Limited Edition

Only 300 units of the Toyota Corolla Altis Sport will be produced and the car comes with a price tag of Rs. 11.15 lakh and above (ex-showroom, Delhi). This makes it reasonably priced compared to the other Altis models.
Altis Sports edition comes in two colors, metallic grey and metallic silver.

S.No. Model Price (lakhs)
1 1.8J 9.75
2 1.8G 11.15
3 1.8GL 12.40
4 1.8VL 13.34
5 1.8 Sport 11.5

Source : Toyota Corolla Altis Sport – 2010 Limited Edition Features, Specifications And Price
Mods if this already exists then please merge accordingly
Old 9th February 2010, 16:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hasn't this car already been launched?
Old 9th February 2010, 17:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Hasn't this car already been launched?
@AyAn, I think it was launched in June/July 09.But I searched in the forum and didn't get any threads(may be my searching was wrong IFF it is already in the forum).So thought of sharing the info.
Old 10th February 2010, 03:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

I thought Altis sport was sold only in Sep & Oct of 09 with a limited run of 600 cars.

Has this been relaunched? Can someone confirm this?
Old 10th February 2010, 03:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

They actually made more than 600 cars. A friend of mine owns Altis and was told that he wont get the number badge which stated "xxx/600" cars as Toyota decided to make more than 600 cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I thought Altis sport was sold only in Sep & Oct of 09 with a limited run of 600 cars.

Has this been relaunched? Can someone confirm this?
Old 10th February 2010, 12:23   #6
BHPian

This car has already been launched in 2009. I have seen it and remember test driving it.

Its very similar to the normal Altis. It only has exterior upgrades.

Basically, it was launched to compete with Honda Civic sport edition.
Old 10th February 2010, 12:47   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post

Inspite of giving it a sport suffix the car has no changes in the power train, and the car comes with the same 1.8 liter VVT-i gasoline engine, with 4 cylinders delivering 132PS@6000 rpm and 170Nm@4200 rpm and a 5- speed manual gearbox.
The car may feature Automatic acceleration .
Old 10th February 2010, 14:48   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The car may feature Automatic acceleration .
Haha! good one.

Scary thought though as I plan on buying an Altis in the next month or two. The toyota dealership in pune told me that the issue only affects US models. The terrible GC of the civic makes the ride just way to harsh on pune roads.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:03   #9
BHPian

This was already launched during mid last year and have seen a couple of them on the roads. Nothing great to boast about, its just some fancy body work and that too not upto the mark. I remember this being discussed in this forum at the time of the launch but cant seem to find the thread on that though.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

Toyota's style of calling it sport is just add the body kit and wood grain interiors and call it a sport model, way to go Toyota..
Old 10th February 2010, 16:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

This was launched last year, and harishv had bought this as his car while he is still fighting with Skoda over his car.

Search the forum and you will get pictures of his car.

What is different now than last year ? Also, is this an unlimited limited edition ?
Old 10th February 2010, 16:33   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Toyota's style of calling it sport is just add the body kit and wood grain interiors and call it a sport model, way to go Toyota..
For that matter, any of the Indian car manufacturers follow the suit.
Old 10th February 2010, 20:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

I agree to that, but dont expect such stuff from players like Toyota and HOnda
Old 10th February 2010, 21:03   #14
BHPian

The Altis sport has been launched in 2009. To be frank, I do not find anything special in this model that makes it "sporty". After Toyota's recent record of recalling cars such as the Prius I would really be weary about buying a toyota.
Also, I fail to understand why all the toyota's have the same boring interior.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks