Team-BHP - Attached : FULL Technical Specifications of Indian Hatchbacks
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Attached : FULL Technical Specifications of Indian Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/75189-attached-full-technical-specifications-indian-hatchbacks.html)

I was unable to find a similar thread and hence creating a new one. I have taken a stab at putting together technical specifications of the 38 (engine variations) hatchbacks available in the Indian market as of Feb-2010. As per newer global standards, the power has been also quoted in Kw in order to give you compute the power to weight ratio. Kerb/Curb weights taken for calculations were not all available on the manufacturer sites. Hence I have made individual searches to try and be as correct as possible. Power to Weight ratios 0.06 and above have been shaded in yellow. The rationale is simply to indicate the higher ones.

Please comment on any specification that in your opinion is incorrect or any other header that you would like included. There are certain missing fields as well which I would be happy to update with you inputs.

I hope this helps the discerning hatchback buyer to get a bird’s eye view of the hatchbacks available in India and make a quicker more calculated decision primarily based on technical specifications. Finally there will be other factors that influence your decision. I will keep this updated as and when newer hatchbacks are rolled out.

Keep posting your inputs and suggestions. I will try and incorporate as much as possible.

thanks! could you attach it as an xls as well?
EDIT: would suggest you lump the diesel & Petrol indicas together

Sure thing. I was just about to do so when you posted.

NevGin : Good work !

You da man!! REALLY a GOOD piece of work!:thumbs up
Many many thanks for doing this.
Can someone do this for sedan also?

Fantastically complied.This will serve as a ready reckoner for everyone who are looking for hatchbacks and easy for comparison also. Nice work dude. It is like bird's view errrrr I mean Hatch view

OT:::How much time you took to compile this?

awesome work there.
the technical aspects are available to all but not many take the pain to get it tabulated and easily comparable.

btw,if possible try to fill in the ford figo details too.its available in the test drive thread.
once again good work:thumbs up

Good start Nev - you've missed the Getz - not sure if it was intentional. I will try and update the file with this information.

Thanks everyone. I am glad it will help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shishir_bn (Post 1728754)
OT:::How much time you took to compile this?

Did this over a few days as it's too much to do all at once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper_711 (Post 1729111)
Good start Nev - you've missed the Getz - not sure if it was intentional. I will try and update the file with this information.

Oh thanks for bringing it to my notice. No, not intentional. We really have a lot of hatchbacks to choose from don't we?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Nev - File is updated with Hyundai Getz variants that are still available.

I found a discrepancy in calculations of KW from PS figures - I used this converter: Unit Converter

Figures using this converter do not match figures already put in the file - Hence, I have marked these in Red. Not sure how accurate this is though.

I think it would be a good idea to add another tab to the file - this one with features!

@Viper: Thanks! Have included the Getz now.

I have also added a column on fuel type so that one can conveniently filter and compare among Petrol's or a Diesel's.

@ariendj: Have included details on the Figo as per GTOs review. However there is still some missing. If you find it please let me know. I will include it.

I have missed the Fusion intentionally as I am unable to find enough detail on it. Also from what I read, it might be phased out.

excellent work nevgin. yes we now do have quite a large options of hatchback to choose from. Given the new plans of the manufacturers, this list is just going to get bigger and hard to choose from. With those specs one would want to have it all :D

Folks,

The next step is going to be getting power & torque curves for each of these hatchbacks and plot them to get the area under the curve. From preliminary searches, hardly any of these manufacturers provide them.

My request is for all of you to share all power & torque curves that you come across for Indian cars. Please do not limit to hatchbacks and send those for sedans as well. I will try and can come up with a comparative analysis. Curves got from dynamometers will also help.

Thank you!

nice work Nevgin, keep it up, I hope the manufacturers also have a look at these figures & then try to figure out where they can improve upon , also it would be nice to have their ARAI certified fuel efficiency figures

Quote:

Originally Posted by piyush78 (Post 1729288)
nice work Nevgin, keep it up, I hope the manufacturers also have a look at these figures & then try to figure out where they can improve upon , also it would be nice to have their ARAI certified fuel efficiency figures

Thanks Piyush. That's a good suggestion. Let me see how I can derive the ARAI fuel efficiencies for them.