Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2005, 16:21   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Please understand flood damaged cars are truly rogered so why should a manufacturer compensate for an act of god!!!
I agree. A warranty for a product or part is for taking care of failures and defects resulting out of the manufacturing process and during normal and recommended usage. Flood damaged equipment *need not* [and usually will not] be covered by a manufacturer warranty. This is what insurance companies are for.

Harish
Old 31st December 2005, 17:02   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriest
Flood damaged equipment *need not* [and usually will not] be covered by a manufacturer warranty. This is what insurance companies are for.

Harish
Very true to the point..but please remember that we aren't asking for free stuff from Honda Siel Cars India(HSCI)..I have already paid more than Rs2,00,000 for repairing my flood damaged Honda City ,and got pathetic service during the repair process from the service facility.Infact,there are more than 200 Honda customers who have had to pay for flood related damage,even though their cars were in the service facility of Honda on 26/7..they had to claim insurance on their vehicle repairs..and even their warranties have been cancelled !!..so,imagine,you're already given the car to your authorized workshop,and there,it gets submerged,you have to make insurance claim,wait for more than 3-4 months to get the car back,and on top of it all,no warranty.

We all know manufacturers warranty doesn't cover accidents/floods/thunderstorms/fire.
But after the flood related car repair work,howcome warranty still stands void ??..
Also,if all other manufacturers don't void the warranty post flood related repairs,WHY ONLY A JAPANESE GIANT LIKE HONDA IS DOING THIS ?!?..???..

Even the warranty booklets of HSCI don't state anywhere that warranty is void after car is affected by floods.
Old 31st December 2005, 17:13   #48
Team-BHP Support

[quote=srasania].
But after the flood related car repair work,howcome warranty still stands void ??..
Also,if all other manufacturers don't void the warranty post flood related repairs,WHY ONLY A JAPANESE GIANT LIKE HONDA IS DOING THIS ?!?..???..

Because a flood damaged car will never be perfect
Old 31st December 2005, 17:26   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat

Because a flood damaged car will never be perfect
Well,other vehicle manufacturers in India must be thinking repair work after flood damage is perfect,and thus repaired the cars,and also provided warranties..right?..
And if Honda thinks flooded cars can never be perfect again,haven't they gone against law and not told insurance providers to write off the cars,since they can't restore them to a condition in which they can atleast provide the basic warranty..?
What would you have thought about Honda,if you had a new honda,which was damaged by floods,repaired by paying a premium,and full future warranty void..?..while other manufacturers provided fully valid future warranty,along with discounts on spares/labour,and much faster repair work..?..I want your honest opinion if you had experienced all this..
Right now,all flooded Honda vehicle customers are angry..and I am 100% sure that you would have been too,had you experience similar service with a company which is expected to outperform others in regards to customer care.

Best,
sr

Last edited by srasania : 31st December 2005 at 17:28.
Old 31st December 2005, 18:16   #50
BHPian

Sr and other owners of flooded Hondas,

I truly empathise with all of you. Honda's stand here is logical and perhaps even legal in some twisted way, but it is certainly not the best way to treat customers. Any student of marketing will tell you that customer retention is the most important aspect of customer relations, even more than attracting new customers. The reson is that every dissatisfied customer will go and tell all his/her friends about the terrible product/service. This has a large impact on future sales.

This is exactly what you must do, and the internet is the ideal forum for doing this. Apart from persuing legal avenues, do tell every person you know about the experience you had. Even better, speak to the media and try and get them to put this story in newspapers and auto-magazines.

My own car (Ford) too was damaged by the floods, and recently returned after 102 days at the service centre. Certainly my experience with Wasan Ford was far from satisfactory (for the first 6 weeks they refused to clean the car, open the doors to let it dry out or protect it in any way from rust). They returned it to me with a faulty gear selector, stalling engine (due to electronics) and some minor parts missing.

(Of course, to add to my excellent luck last night a drunk driver drove his lancer straight into my car!)

However what Honda has done is far worse than Wasan Ford's shoddy service. Please spread the story so that this never happens again.
Old 1st January 2006, 19:57   #51
Team-BHP Support

We have discussed what we need to in this thread.
Thread closed!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks