Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 01:44   #46
BHPian

Punto logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild82 View Post
Have you seen the new Hyundai Sonata? Check it out (the link leads to the official US website for the car). It looks awesome! I would gladly buy that for around 11-13 lakhs!
Sorry for the OT but what were they thinking when they designed the centre console?
That's almost like a Punto logo on a Hyundai Sonata!!

Why no Hyundai Genesis for India?-2011hyundaisonatacenterstack.jpg
Old 16th February 2010, 21:23   #47
BHPian

^i'm assuming that has something to do with the climate control.
Old 1st March 2010, 01:27   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

I love the design of the coupe! Looks sexy! but when I pay a 25 lakh, I would look more for the brand and would not want a hyundai against the BMWs or Audis!

And for the same reason, when I spend 8 lakhs on a car, I would look for quality [honda ANHC] and not the number of service centres and rattles [SX4] present in a car!

This explains the sales figures of these cars!
Old 14th April 2010, 21:44   #49
WRX
BHPian

This month's issue of autox magazine has a review of the Genesis coupe, its available online on their website at Driven: Hyundai Genesis Coupe.

If I can quote from the review-- " Enthusiasts want to buy a competitively priced high-performance sports car, and it doesn’t matter if it comes from the company that became famous in India by providing the first real alternative to the ubiquitous Maruti – i.e. the Santro. Or did they become famous because of Shah Rukh Khan? Either way, all they have to do is get him to drive a Genesis, and that should be all the branding they need – because there’s nothing really lacking at all on the product front."
Old 14th April 2010, 23:38   #50
Senior - BHPian

Its not just we who think that there will be hardly anyone interested in 20-25Lakh car from Hyundai, IMO even they are of the same opinion.

There is hardly any market for a Hyundai above 20Lakh. There are better cars in the range of $20K to $30K. IMO Chevy Camaro Coupe or Ford Mustang in that range will be anytime better then Hyundai Genesis coupe.
Old 15th April 2010, 01:50   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aKrain View Post
Sorry for the OT but what were they thinking when they designed the centre console?
That's almost like a Punto logo on a Hyundai Sonata!!

Attachment 288706

Same thing can be found in most new cars equipped with FATC - only in a pictorial LED/LCD display. Hyundai have put a hard copy of it.
Old 15th April 2010, 20:16   #52
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
There is hardly any market for a Hyundai above 20Lakh.
Let them first find a market above 10 lakh, then we'll worry about 20 . Which 10 Lakh+ Hyundai has sold till date? Not the Elantra, Sonata, Tucson or Santa Fe. Of course, Hyundai's management & marketing of their premium cars leaves a lot to be desired as well.

The Tucson was an excellent soft-roader, and the Embera diesel a super D segmenter. Hyundai's not had a product problem in the recent past. The issues are elsewhere...let them sort it out before bringing such great cars which will inevitably bomb due to lack of support.
Old 15th April 2010, 20:56   #53
BHPian

Sorry to state it this way, but in an immature market like India, there is no chance for the Genesis, whether it's the sedan or the coupe. I'm quoting from the article in wikipedia (Source:Hyundai Genesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Edmunds.com says “With badges removed, the Genesis could easily pass as a Lexus or Mercedes-Benz, although we doubt many brand-conscious people would give a Hyundai a second glance.”
Pretty much sums it up. And in India, where brand is the mantra, it will not sell, even if the car is brilliant; period.
Old 15th April 2010, 21:02   #54
BHPian

That looks like
The Start/stop button of a cruze
The upper part of the central console like the nissan teana
Volovish lower central stack
To sum up - the hyundai
Attached Thumbnails
Why no Hyundai Genesis for India?-2011hyundaisonatacenterstack.jpg  

Old 20th May 2012, 19:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

Re: Why no Hyundai Genesis for India?

While watching Gadar movie on Z CINEMA, i saw Hyundai Genesis Sedan commercial. So is there any plan of Genesis coming to India?
Old 20th May 2012, 20:11   #56
BHPian

Re: Why no Hyundai Genesis for India?

It will do the same what Kizashi did for Maruti , i.e. nothing.
All because of brand perception and snob value.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks