Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 18:16   #1
BHPian

Tata Xenon XT - 2010

Seems like, Xenon XT is also coming up with a face-lift in 2010 where ABS is included.
Source - Tata Motors - Media Centre

I am not 100% sure. But, is this an alternative to Safari ? Of course, there would be few compromises like seating capacity & features.

Prem.
Old 13th February 2010, 10:29   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The ABS addition is welcome, though it really won't make a difference to the Xenon's miniscule sales figures. The more relevant Xenon will be the stripped down variant targetted at small business owners / farmers. Check it out over in this thread.

And no, the Xenon is NOT a replacement for the Safari. The two co-exist just as well.
Old 13th February 2010, 13:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Seems like, Xenon XT is also coming up with a face-lift in 2010 where ABS is included.
Source - Tata Motors - Media Centre

I am not 100% sure. But, is this an alternative to Safari ? Of course, there would be few compromises like seating capacity & features.

Prem.
The 2010 Model is not yet out, that what the dealer here mentioned When I called up to find out.
The xenon is a PICK UP truck, and it will never be a alternative to a safari. Importment thing being the image of such vehciles, safri will always be a prestige car for all and xenon will be a truck for most,only few handfull will know about the price and Value of a PICKUP TRUCK . And second is the comfort, seating capacity.
Old 13th February 2010, 13:40   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
... safri will always be a prestige car for all and xenon will be a truck for most,only few handfull will know about the price and Value of a PICKUP TRUCK . And second is the comfort, seating capacity.
I agree that not many would be convinced that Xenon XT is also a good mode of transport
Talking of comfort & seating, I had a look (very close look) in the dealership while I went for Safari. Xenon is nice and comfortable on both front & middle row seats though not big as Safari in terms of leg-room.
One thing that I like the best in XT is "Comfortable" 5 seater + a very nice pick-up space and an optional cover too.
Only one that I didn't like was "NO" ABS/Air Bag. But, ABS is now part of it

Prem.
Old 13th February 2010, 23:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

what was total sales of Xenon last year. I am yet to see one on road!I dont remember reading aboubt Xenon even on T-bhp monthly Auto sales analysis.

IIRC TATA plant had 24K annual capacity when it was launched last year February!
Old 14th February 2010, 07:43   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Guys,

what was total sales of Xenon last year. I am yet to see one on road!I dont remember reading aboubt Xenon even on T-bhp monthly Auto sales analysis.

IIRC TATA plant had 24K annual capacity when it was launched last year February!
Don't know if its for good or bad - I have seen a couple of them on service station, but not on road. May be, people really don't use them for daily drive (which I think, it can be), but only on weekends to "literally" getaway with it
Old 14th February 2010, 10:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Xenon is a perfect vehicle if you are the outdoors kind. And even though it is humongous in size, its a breeze to drive in city and cars do give way.

IIRC the 2010 Xenon is coming with bigger tyres, and factory fitted ICE apart from ABS.
Old 14th February 2010, 11:01   #8
BHPian

Well, you are right, people do give way for bigger vehicles, especially if it looks like you wont care if it gets dented. But the catch is to find a parking and god forbid if you have to make a U turn on a busy road.
Old 14th February 2010, 11:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Well, you are right, people do give way for bigger vehicles, especially if it looks like you wont care if it gets dented. But the catch is to find a parking and god forbid if you have to make a U turn on a busy road.
I drove it in the Crowded Hyderabad roads and did a U-Turn and it felt like having a smaller turning radius than my Bolero which needed 3 point turns in Bangalore
Old 14th February 2010, 16:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I drove it in the Crowded Hyderabad roads and did a U-Turn and it felt like having a smaller turning radius than my Bolero which needed 3 point turns in Bangalore
Turning Radius (as per its spec sheet) is 6m which is same as Safari. Are you saying, XT is more comfortable than Safari in terms of making U-turn ?

Prem.
Old 14th February 2010, 18:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Turning Radius (as per its spec sheet) is 6m which is same as Safari. Are you saying, XT is more comfortable than Safari in terms of making U-turn ?

Prem.
I have driven the Safari only once but have more experience with Bolero/Scorpio/Xylo and I find the Scorpio has a better turning radius than the Bolero even though Bolero is shorter in length. The Xenon even though maybe longer than the Scorpio, TR is at par with the Scorpio. Also another thing I felt was the absence of body roll and stability on corners at high speeds.

Please TD one and you'll now what I'm talking about
Old 15th February 2010, 13:11   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
The Xenon sells a mere 15 units a month (averaged). Do the math
Old 15th February 2010, 14:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
IIRC the 2010 Xenon is coming with bigger tyres, and factory fitted ICE apart from ABS.
thats good news. I am seriously considering the Xenon in 2011. Just hope these poor numbers does make TATA phase out the higher end variants by next year !
Old 15th February 2010, 16:14   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
thats good news. I am seriously considering the Xenon in 2011. Just hope these poor numbers does make TATA phase out the higher end variants by next year !
The Xenon comes in only 2 variants, 4X2 and 4X4. So I don't think they will reduce their price much
Old 15th February 2010, 16:38   #15
BHPian

I saw a pick-up truck cruising on the Bangalore-Mysore highway this weekend and when I went close, I was amazed to know that it was the Xenon. Mighty impressive on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks