Team-BHP - Baleno for 4.99 Lac!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Baleno for 4.99 Lac!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7551-baleno-4-99-lac.html)

Just confirmed that dealers are giving over 91,000 discount on Baleno Lxi, making it a steal at 4.99 lakhs ex-showroom. The price cut is due to the new Baleno coming shortly, so dealers are offloading their old stock. This makes the old Baleno very attractive at this price band, as the New Baleno would just be a cosmetic job and Maruti will charge a premium for it!

Wow .. so it's 4.99 + Insurance + Regn ?
Do you have details of the discount ?

The current scheme of free insurance and 28K worth MGA is officially on till 18th sep (this Sunday) ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem
Just confirmed that dealers are giving over 91,000 discount on Baleno Lxi, making it a steal at 4.99 lakhs ex-showroom.

Few of our mates has brough one recently. Hardluck guys. Will it be a cake walk for Baleno to beat Petra with this price band?

Surprise,

As I understand, this price band is just until Maruti is able to clear off all its existing stock of Balenos. The new look Baleno will obviously have a higher price. We can think of this comparison with Petra when the prices for the "new look" Baleno are announced.

Cheers,

Oh man thats awesome!!! Very very enticing...People deciding to buy, this is the BEST goddamn time...

Does anyone have any info on the latest offer for Lxi in bangalore...

I have been offered 63K. Another dealer who had called up today mentioned a figure of 78K ( this was after i told him that i have gone ahead and booked the car; so doubt his words). And another dealer who is trying his level best to make me switch the dealership could not offer more than 65K. Well when i told him that I have already made up my mind, he wanted to know if there are any other takers?

Guess the dealers are in a real hurry to clear up the stocks b4 the launch of the next version. Abt the new version, its amazing the way they are all tightlipped, ( dont we have any inside info on the dates :-? ) . All he was willing to say is that the launch would be only in the next month.

-Haque

I must admit at this price, Baleno is a great deal. Guys who are looking for a car can seize this oppurtunity. Knowing Maruti, the "new look" does not sound too attractive to me :) . Just a look at all their "new look" cars says this; nayi naveli maruti omni, maruti 800, zen, etc.

This deal will be hard to beat from the Fiat Petra point of view. The Baleno will be an awesome car at this price range. But yeah, once the new one is in .... that is a different story. Pick one up while you can guys.

typeO ;) Considering the Baleno same (Lxi) used to come at a price of 8 lakhs this is a steel! Buy one Lxi add wider rubber and change the headlights when the newer one comes and you got a newer version at a cheaper price! By the way most of the improvements will be added to the Vxi which will command price in NHC territory!

You are right Busa. The Baleno at this price is a steal if you compare it to the Baleno of some years back. But I still cannot understand why it should be costlier than the Petra. Regarding the improvements you are right it will be the most on the VXI. I wonder what the MUL guys are thinking though.

P.S. Thanks. ;)

Seeing the urgency of the dealers, I think the new baleno will be way better then we forsee.

Quote:

change the headlights when the newer one comes and you got a newer ve
I guess you mean the tail lamps since the front lights are anyway clear glass and provide sufficient illumination

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan
Seeing the urgency of the dealers, I think the new baleno will be way better then we forsee.

Even I think so... The dealers really want to wash their hands off the current stock of balenos' that they have. I feel that the new one might address the safety+looks aspect.

Its truly amazing that not much info has been leaked out... MUL, surely deserves credit on maintaining the secrecy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haque
Its truly amazing that not much info has been leaked out... MUL, surely deserves credit on maintaining the secrecy...

I'm hoping against hope that Maruti surprises the entire market and introduces the Liana as the new Baleno. A lot of people have reported seeing the barely concealed cars-in-stripes in various cities and we all thought they were Chevy Aveos but we havent heard any word from GM on that launch yet. The Chevy Aveo and Suzuki Liana share a very similar profile and could well pass off for each other. The cars caught testing in various places should've been launched by now given the time lag after the sightings of those test vehicles.

This is pure speculation, but one always hopes for the best...

Uh-huh, can't be the Liana. The striped cars were definitely Aveos, because they were GJ registered, where GM makes cars (Halol, GJ). Besides, these were hatches, and the Liana will be booted.

I hope it's a minor facelift. I don't want to be stuck with a low-value car!!!