Punto Sport (1.3 MJD - diesel with VGT, 85bhp) 73 33.33%
Punto T-Jet (1.4 turbocharged petrol, 108bhp) 131 59.82%
I prefer (or already own) an existing variant of the Punto 15 6.85%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 16:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

The Sports & T-jet model will be available as a top-end variant only, to cater the enthusiasts.
For the mass market, 1.3 MJD 75 BHP and 1.2/1.4 FIRE is already available.
Old 15th February 2010, 16:41   #17
BHPian

T-jet for me considering the low running I have every month(1.0 - 1.5K kms)
Old 15th February 2010, 16:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
The cedia was a natural enthusiast car. I don't see why they needed to mod anything mechanically except jazz up the looks. What did you really expect here?
MIVEC? Considering its a sport and all.

But its the same across all brands. Here sports edition would normally come with a the same engine - maybe alloys, if base didn't have it. Punto is an exception with the VGT.
Old 15th February 2010, 16:51   #19
BHPian

I would want Fiat to add 1 more cyl to the MJD engine and make a 1.6 VGT version with 1201-35 Bhp.

While TJET sounds cool, there will be a tax on the fuel efficiency. Also, i really dont think there is any space apart from national highways to enjoy performance cars.

Besides, those who usually do alot of highway travel (like me) prefer a deisel version because of efficiency - so definitely, diesel sports version for me!
Old 15th February 2010, 16:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Mango men.
Well there are the Punto 1.3 MJD mango men, the intermediate mango men like me who like performance but still care about how much money we spend on our commute (to be brutally frank), and the real performance-lovers who I will call the the orange-men (no reference to South Africa intended here). Now we're comparing oranges to mangoes. There are many layers of grey (or yellow if you please) between the mango man in your imagination and in mine. Till the average GDP of India is well over the $2500 limit, car manufacturers will cater more to the mango men and less to the orange man (or apple man).

So, well the orange-men go for the T-jet
The ripe mango-men (or the intermediate mango-men go for the
Diesel Sport (which Fiat will be launching).
The orange men (I put you in this category after seeing the passion and righteous indignation in your reply) will wait for (and hopefully get) a T-jet.A toast to that

In all fairness to my choice, I dare say that the intermediate mango man's choice will have more torque than the orangeman's choice.
Absolutely brilliant RPMX1000! Now I'm having a peachy afternoon.

BTW... I think there was an opportunity to call me a passion-fruit-man there.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Anyone will do but with Maruti/Hyundai like A.S.S. and reliability.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:13   #22
BHPian

My vote here goes for the MJD. Why? Because I want to see more Fiat cars on the road. Palio 1.6 is the best example to see, how much percentage of buyers are really enthusiasts. Anyway, am waiting for the VGT MJD for some time now.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Punto T-Jet for me in yellow.
Attached Thumbnails
Punto Sports (MJD) or Punto T-Jet-106.jpg  

Punto Sports (MJD) or Punto T-Jet-111.jpg  

Punto Sports (MJD) or Punto T-Jet-113.jpg  

Punto Sports (MJD) or Punto T-Jet-115.jpg  

Old 15th February 2010, 17:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
Absolutely brilliant RPMX1000! Now I'm having a peachy afternoon.

BTW... I think there was an opportunity to call me a passion-fruit-man there.
A Fruity line of thinking, eh? To be frank,Mine were rantings of a sleep deprived mind. We live to entertain, all kinds of fruity men. .Now, where are the pineapples and the guavas and the strawberries and the custard apples ?

To add to that.Those who ended up buying the lemons will be called the sour-grape men.
Enough said,before the mods will come with their knives and scissors and serve us fruit bowls.
To all the souls reading this.Please vote on the Punto or the t-jet or the diesel or whatever.Please!

@sid.Those pictures were awesome man. Looked just like peaches and pears to me.Just awesome.
Now I'll stop, I've truly gone bananas.

Last edited by rpmx1000 : 15th February 2010 at 17:22.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrishiz View Post
I own a Wagon-R and I own a Punto.
Well. What do I vote for?
[i]Exceeds Your Expectation

I had raised complaints for both the cars respectively
and guess who responded the first and best? TATA-FIAT off-course!

Concorde Motors, Kochi, are doing a decent job and when people ask me about
the A.S.Service of FIAT I smile, I say better than Maruti, I say. [Okay, may be little overdoing of flattery here]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Anyone will do but with Maruti/Hyundai like A.S.S. and reliability.
Well, I don't think Maruti A.S.S. deserves to be stated here as a benchmark in A.S.S. quality. Every similar brand has problems and they aren't perfect.

Quote:
To add to that.Those who ended up buying the lemons will be called the sour-grape men.
To all the souls reading this.Please vote on the Punto or the t-jet or the diesel or whatever.Please!
What's the point here? Whatever it is, not sounding funny now after all that fruit overdose.. honestly. may be because I am also little sleep deprived.

Coming to voting, my heart says T-Jet, but mind says Sports. But I voted for the third option.

Last edited by clevermax : 15th February 2010 at 17:36.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:53   #26
BHPian

After owning a diesel car for 30000 km, my vote is for the diesel. The T-jet will see the same fate as the Palio 1.6. But i dont know why they've detuned it, bring in the proper 90 HP tune and with a Pete's box you have 100 HP+ waiting

Edit: Another choice would have been the new 1.6 MJD (300 Nm of torque!!) also but with the small car norms, no manufacturer is gonna come out with a diesel engine greater than 1500 cc. I hope we see this engine on the linea though

Last edited by radiokidb : 15th February 2010 at 17:55.
Old 15th February 2010, 18:06   #27
BHPian

As a diesel head my vote is for Punto Sportz.and the wait continues for the same.fiat bring it on.Hope its performance would be on par with swift atleast
Old 15th February 2010, 18:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

2 reverse lamps

Look them, they have 2 reverse lamps. why only one for our puntos? FIAT listening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Fiat Punto T-Jet for me in yellow.
Old 15th February 2010, 18:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
After owning a diesel car for 30000 km, my vote is for the diesel. The T-jet will see the same fate as the Palio 1.6. But i dont know why they've detuned it, bring in the proper 90 HP tune and with a Pete's box you have 100 HP+ waiting

Edit: Another choice would have been the new 1.6 MJD (300 Nm of torque!!) also but with the small car norms, no manufacturer is gonna come out with a diesel engine greater than 1500 cc. I hope we see this engine on the linea though

IMO, Palio 1.6 died due to the bad A.S.S and low FE. I think T-jet surely will have better FE. Any idea what is FE of T-jet 1.4L

T-JET being turbo petrol willbe easy to unlock, if one can Pete a Diesel T-jet can be unlocked

May be we should have 1.3 MJD - II the neweset MJD engine in Punto!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-multijet.html

So that they are very well below 1500 cc norm
Old 15th February 2010, 18:44   #30
BHPian

The 90 PS MJet is hardly worthy of a 'Sport' tag. Yes, it will be a welcome addition for those looking for a mix of fun and economy and the VGT engined Punto will 'now' make a perfect package as it will appeal to both, the head and the heart. So in that sense, Fiat has definitely played its cards right. Its this diesel motor that has the potential to raise the Punto's desirability with the masses and the enthusiasts alike.

Personally though, its the T-Jet all the way. Infact, I was hoping and waiting to pick up the T-jet engined Punto as a replacement for my eight year old S10. Everytime I hit 4K rpm in 2nd gear, I know there is a lot more on offer from that lovely 1.6. So I hold the throttle right there for a few seconds and then just step on it. The rush and the roar from that engine is just intoxicating. No diesel can ever do that. But that is a petrol head's point of view. The Punto will not do very well for itself with the T-Jet motor. For all practical purposes, its the 90 PS diesel that that should help Fiat get the numbers for the Punto.

Last edited by roms : 15th February 2010 at 18:49.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks