Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 18:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz launches the New 2010 M-Class

Mercedes-Benz today launched the 2010 M-Class in two variants for India. The Sport Edition of the M-Class is priced at Rs. 55 Lakhs while the Luxury Edition is priced at Rs. 60.9 lakhs Ex-showroom Delhi. Also, the M-Class has secured the highest rating of five stars in the European NCAP (New Car Assessment Programme) crash tests. The M-Class is also the first vehicle in its market segment anywhere in the world to be fitted as standard with the anticipatory occupant protection system PRE-SAFE®.

Press Release:

February 15, 2010

Mercedes-Benz launches the 2010 M-Class in two attractive options

“Sports edition” priced at Rs. 55 lakhs; “Luxury Edition” priced at Rs 60.9 lakhs Ex-showroom Delhi. The M-Class had secured highest rating of five stars in European NCAP (New Car Assessment Programme) crash tests

Pune / Bangalore – Mercedes-Benz today launched the 2010 M-Class in two variants for India. The Sport Edition of the M-Class is priced at Rs. 55 Lakhs while the Luxury Edition is priced at Rs. 60.9 lakhs Ex-showroom Delhi.

M-Class (Luxury & Sports): The M-Class is among the safest cars in its class. The Euro NCAP test results are confirmation about the safety concept of the M-Class. Equipped as standard with seven airbags, belt tensioners, belt-force limiters and crash-responsive NECK-PRO head restraints, the SUV ensures its occupants an excellent standard of protection in the event of an accident. The M-Class is the first vehicle in its market segment anywhere in the world to be fitted as standard with the anticipatory occupant protection system PRE-SAFE®. The system makes use of the valuable seconds which elapse between a critical situation being identified and a possible impact ensuing, to instigate protective measures.

In terms of technology, the 2010 M-Class takes forward exciting features like permanent four-wheel drive and 4ETS traction systems to the next level by incorporating additional functions such as Downhill Speed Regulation, Acceleration skid control(ASR) and the off-road ABS system. The AIRMATIC air suspension significantly improves ride comfort, while the Adaptive Damping System (ADS), adjusts shock absorber response to suit driving situations. The double-wishbone front suspension makes a significant contribution to reduced road roar and tyre vibration, ensuring impressive driving dynamics with its raised aluminium wishbones. The rear axle has a four-link suspension system. Standard-fitted 19” light-alloy wheels emphasise the sporting pedigree of the new M-Class.

The design of the M-Class is much appreciated. Lighting units (front with bi-xenon headlamps), expressive front bumpers with prominent horizontal lines with fog lamps, and appealing 19 inch alloy wheels add to the engagement with the M-Class. The radiator grille sub-divided by three black louvres with chrome trim, the rear tail lights with LED technology and the rear tailgate with its discreet spoiler edge and a panoramic rear windscreen add to the allure of the vehicle. The M-Class additionally includes features like PARKTRONIC, Electric Sliding sunroof, Front Memory seats, Media interface & Audio system with 6-CD changer, mini-spare wheel.

The Sports Edition: Includes Interior sports package (consisting of interior lighting package, sports instrument cluster, sports pedal system made of brushed stainless steel with rubber studs, Alcantra/ARTICO man made leather upholstery with contrasting topstitching, electrically adjustable front sports seats), Exterior Sports Package (19 inch 5 twin spoke light alloy wheels, rectangular tailpipes with chrome trim, aluminum-look roof rails, chromed waistline trim strip, load sill guard on the rear bumper in chrome and simulated front underguard in stainless steel).

The Luxury Edition: In addition to the Exterior sports package; the luxury edition includes a wood/leather multifunction steering wheel, Thermotronic 3-Zone Automatic climate control, harmankardon LOGIC 7® Surround Sound® system (12 high performance speakers with 610 watts output), Anti-Theft Protection package & Leather seats.

“The M-Class has been a popular model series in India. The “Sports Edition” and the “Luxury edition” are very aggressively priced considering the loadings and features of this marque. We are confident that customers who expect highest standards from their vehicles will find the M-Class a vehicle that exceeds their expectations- both on and off the road.” Summarized Dr. Wilfried Aulbur, Managing Director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India.

Source: Mercedes Benz India
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes-Benz launches the New 2010 M-Class-mclass-launch.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: doc 6_Technical Specifications_M-Class.doc (82.0 KB, 546 views)

Last edited by Dippy : 16th February 2010 at 09:31. Reason: Editing Font tags
Old 15th February 2010, 23:00   #2
BHPian

Well, things have now on an even keel with the X5 which goes at around 56- 63L without options. And a nice discount for the deletion of the leather seats in the name of being "sport"y. The launch of the GL in the 70L range might have necessitated this repositioning. Anyhow, the ML is now good VFM but then the new Prado is there at 53L.

Last edited by Yeldo : 15th February 2010 at 23:01.
Old 15th February 2010, 23:03   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Well, things have now on an even keel with the X5 which goes at around 56- 63L without options. And a nice discount for the deletion of the leather seats in the name of being "sport"y. The launch of the GL in the 70L range might have necessitated this repositioning. Anyhow, the ML is now good VFM but then the new Prado is there at 53L.
who said the sports dosent have leather. read it again my friend. and the prado is hardly VFM.
Old 16th February 2010, 02:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
who said the sports dosent have leather. read it again my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
[i]The Sports Edition: Includes Alcantra/ARTICO man made leather upholstery with contrasting topstitching,

"Artico man made" is err.. shall I call it something similar to "PU leather"? No, no, that would be incorrect. Artico looks like genuine leather, but I wonder whether it feels, breathes and wears like the real thing.

Well akshay1234, at least you posted a comment besides I and hanmust! That's something, I think. Even the thread discussing, for God's sake, the Chevrolet UVA gets more response. It is us just 3 souls interested in a MERCEDES SUV?

Last edited by Yeldo : 16th February 2010 at 02:38.
Old 16th February 2010, 09:18   #5
Team-BHP Support

The M is a good all rounder for India with decent ride and a proper spare wheel. X5 is too bumpy in real life. The Audi Q7 - has the too political image.

Hope the repricing translates to good sales.
Old 16th February 2010, 09:47   #6
BHPian

I second that ajmat.
The M class offers a very decent ride and with the current pricing it will offer serious competition to the X5s and Q7s.
Old 16th February 2010, 09:48   #7
BHPian

Just had a quick glance through the spec sheet attached and it mentions that 'Ground Clearance - 118mm'.
This is one low rider SUV?
Old 16th February 2010, 12:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics of M class. This is one gracious looking SUV i must say. As Ajamt said this is not bumpy or Political like its competitors.

Co-efficient of drag is missing in the document. Please pardon my ignorance, why there are 2 reverse gears in the car? is it standard on all off roading SUVs?

What were the sales figure for M class last year!

Last edited by recshenoy : 16th February 2010 at 12:27.
Old 16th February 2010, 12:41   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
"Artico man made" is err.. shall I call it something similar to "PU leather"? No, no, that would be incorrect. Artico looks like genuine leather, but I wonder whether it feels, breathes and wears like the real thing.

Well akshay1234, at least you posted a comment besides I and hanmust! That's something, I think. Even the thread discussing, for God's sake, the Chevrolet UVA gets more response. It is us just 3 souls interested in a MERCEDES SUV?
whoops my bad. didnt notice the artico. maybe i shouldve read it again. lol.
Old 16th February 2010, 14:53   #10
BHPian

i know the ML is not exactly very popular in the Indian market but i love this car, it looks fantastic
Old 16th February 2010, 16:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

of x5, q7 and ML, i like ML more. I haven't driven Q7 but have driven other 2. Found ML more comfort oriented than X5. Driving dynamics are at par with each other.

i have ridden in & driven last gen ML320. Its quite a good SUV. The comfort is exemplary. The new one is indeed interesting. Will soon test drive it to see how it is. I guess it must be better than last gen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks