Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 18:04   #46
BHPian

This is indeed good news. So folks from non metros have Ford as a viable option as well! They need to bring out more small cars. Not everyone can afford Fiestas. They need more than just 1 hatch.
Old 10th April 2010, 22:08   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

One of these is Cauvery Ford - re-opening again in BLR, but not at their old facility on Kanakapura Rd (that comes under Lathangi's territory).

Cauvery Ford's new workshop is coming up near Binny Mills, to the west ofthe city Railway Station & near the ETA apartment complex.
Old 10th April 2010, 23:15   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Cauvery Ford's new workshop is coming up near Binny Mills, to the west ofthe city Railway Station & near the ETA apartment complex.
Which area is that? Near Majestic?
Why dont any of them open in Bangalore East where Ford has no presence at all?!
Old 16th July 2010, 13:44   #49
BHPian

Ford On Major expansion Plans

Mods - Pls Merge if an existing thread exists

Ford On Major expansion Plans, to add 200 Dealers by year End .

Source - HT delhi

Ford on major expansion, to add 200 dealers
Attached Thumbnails
Ford India opens 28 new dealerships in 24 cities in a single day today !!-16_07_2010_701_022.jpg  

Old 16th July 2010, 14:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Mods - Pls Merge if an existing thread exists

Ford On Major expansion Plans, to add 200 Dealers by year End .

Source - HT delhi

Ford on major expansion, to add 200 dealers

Read carefully only 33 dealers are being added to the current 167 making the total to be 200.

I saw the headlines and was like because I know adding 200 dealers IS A BIG DEAL.

I really feel sad about the decreasing quality in reporting of late. Newpapers are just interested in making big headlines and misleading people.

Get well soon Hindustan Times!!!

Sushil: Thanks for the info. Headlines be damned!
Old 16th July 2010, 14:11   #51
BHPian

What a misleading headline!! HT should be for such a blunder. The headline should have said Ford to increase dealerships to 200 dealers or something, not add 200 more.
Old 16th July 2010, 14:46   #52
BHPian

My Sincere , apologies for Not going through the Article carefully in the heat of excitement .
Old 16th July 2010, 17:17   #53
Senior - BHPian

I'm glad Ford is making this expansion; as in the recent times, I'm noticing too many Figo's on the road. Earlier it used to be one spotting a day, but now days I notice 2-3 registered & sometimes even unregistered ones. I'm sure Figo is going to be another icon for Ford. Having said that, they need to meet their deliveries to which adding 33 dealers makes a good move.
Old 16th July 2010, 18:38   #54
BHPian

While the HT headline is surely misleading, even adding 37 dealers is a big deal on top of some 30 dealers (or was it 20) opened in a single day. I hope they open couple of a.s.s in Chennai. Also, it remains to be seen if these additional are just sales showrooms or actual showrooms-cum-service centers.
Old 16th July 2010, 18:42   #55
Senior - BHPian

Forget the numbers, appreciate the initiative. I am sure with the current Figo sales, they will certainly have to increase the service centers.

btw, why don't they start something like the "Authorized service station" like those marutis? Will certainly be a good expansion.
Old 16th July 2010, 18:45   #56
Senior - BHPian

IMO, this topic is already under discussion here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...day-today.html
Old 17th July 2010, 00:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

It is indeed good for Ford which had brought a good VFM car to the market, one cant forget that the VFM cars thrive only on volumes and better volume will surely help them sustain the VFM momentum.

As pointed out my Sanjay even adding 37 is not mean task that in itself is a big task.

One thing is going by the volumes of Figo Ford surely will have lots of people showing interest to open up their dealership, good for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
IMO, this topic is already under discussion here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...day-today.html
This is the next wave of new dealerships that are being opened by Ford. Over and above the 164 count that was attained last time. Anyway not sure if these can be merged with them or not.
Old 17th July 2010, 03:52   #58
Senior - BHPian

Ford is making the perfect move. Dealership network is a very big factor for car purchases in India.

They need to be on their toes, and along with the dealerships, prepare well with a more rounded up model range.
Old 19th July 2010, 07:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

I think just opening a good no of dealership is not the end of the story. Its the After Sales which makes or breaks a particular model. Ford apart from dealership should also be focussing more on the after sales, reducing spare prices by localization and a lot more to keep the image of their current best selling model. After sales and spares cost has been Ford Achilees heel for long which even now has been putting off most of the customers. If that image is broken then Ford would be sailing high in the Sedan & hatchback market.
Old 19th July 2010, 08:00   #60
Senior - BHPian

Its good that they are opening up more service stations but they need to look at the quality as well. when you take your car to workshop, they change things on there own then ask you for money. This has happned a lot with me most of the time they put in a new Bulb and say that the older one was not working. Poor serivce but hell FORD makes really good cars. Hope they bring in good service too in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks