Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 16:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the update. Which East Delhi Metro Station ? Now that metro travels across many routes.
Old 16th February 2010, 16:45   #17
BHPian

This is fantastic news and shows the seriousness from Ford.

@Dippy, Does the figure 28 include only new dealers or does is include new facilities by existing dealers also? From the picture in the post, I recognize at least 2 existing dealers in the background banner.

Cheers,
Old 16th February 2010, 17:30   #18
BHPian

A step in the right direction, a bit late in the day though, but better late than never. This will also help in better A.S.S.. I really believe the reason MSIL and Hyundai are considered best in the industry is because they have so many Service Centres, but the stuation for Ford (even in the big Metros) is that they don't have more than one or two service centres which leaves customer no choice, with more centres ,customers will have more choice and the monopoly which authorised centres like Harpreet Ford for instance have in Delhi would end, better service and hence happy customers.

Any news (apart from East Delhi dealer) about new authorized service Centre for Delhi?
Old 16th February 2010, 17:37   #19
BHPian

Great to see all guns blazing. Looks like Ford is having huge expectations on Figo. I hope they do some impressive marketing as well to build up hype before launch and launch it with absolute bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I see that that there is no change in the duopoly structure in Chennai. It's the same old MPL and that's not good news for me. I was hoping to get a new dealership/service center from a different business entity.
Totally second this. Chennai buyers have enough of nuisance between these two guys MPL and Chennai Ford. Will be refreshing to see some new guys.
Old 16th February 2010, 17:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

great info Dippy

do we have list of all those 28 facilities. Also Ford should look at reducing spare cost too!

FIAT, Renault Are you guys listening?
Old 16th February 2010, 17:56   #21
BHPian

It is indeed a good new for Ford to open-up service centers in small town. But i'm not sure about the quality of mechanics that they are going to get on roll. I have used the dealer facilities in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai for my car service and all interactions were not up to the mark.
Old 16th February 2010, 18:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
thanks for the update. Which East Delhi Metro Station ? Now that metro travels across many routes.
East Delhi = Harpreet Ford. Since I dont know much about Delhi, you might want to find out exactly where it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
This is fantastic news and shows the seriousness from Ford.

@Dippy, Does the figure 28 include only new dealers or does is include new facilities by existing dealers also? From the picture in the post, I recognize at least 2 existing dealers in the background banner.

Cheers,
They mentioned 28 all new facilities at the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
great info Dippy

do we have list of all those 28 facilities. Also Ford should look at reducing spare cost too!

FIAT, Renault Are you guys listening?
Definately. Mr. Sanyal said that localisation in the current line up of cars is at 80% and will go over 85% for the Figo. Hopefully we can expect reduced spare parts costs on the Figo. Very important for the car's success IMO.

Ford has a lot of catching up to do with Maruti and Hyundai in terms of service and this is a step in the right direction.
Old 16th February 2010, 18:13   #23
Team-BHP Support

They still don't have a dealership/workshop in entire Udupi district. My F-I-L has a Fiesta, but he doesn't want to buy any more Ford cars because of the distance to the nearest workshop, it is 75Kms away in Mangalore. Thank god I don't have a Ford, meanwhile the Tata/Maruti/Hyundai/Mahindra workshops are within 10 Kms from my home.
Old 16th February 2010, 18:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Ford is expecting a lot of Figos on the road to make such a move. However I for one am not sure if the Figo is going to set any sales chart on fire unless its priced absolutely brilliantly and the mindset of the general public that 'Fords are expensive to maintain' is taken care of. Not just the car but the spares and service should not be a deterrent as has been with Ford in the past. Hopefully all these issues have been taken care of, or else I doubt if even a hundred more service centers will be of any help
Old 16th February 2010, 20:47   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This move has F-I-G-O written all over it, in bold and FULL CAPS

Good move. Ford needs all the distribution strength it can get, thanks to the Figo (potentially) bringing previously unseen volumes.

@ Dippy : South Mumbai dealership opened?
Old 16th February 2010, 21:00   #26
BHPian

Excellent move by Ford! They already have some great cars, what they needed was scale. This will go a long way in reducing the gap with TATAs and Maruti.

Thanks Dippy for the news!
Old 16th February 2010, 22:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This move has F-I-G-O written all over it, in bold and FULL CAPS

Good move. Ford needs all the distribution strength it can get, thanks to the Figo (potentially) bringing previously unseen volumes.

@ Dippy : South Mumbai dealership opened?
Not in South Mumbai. Wasan Ford opens at Chembur.
Old 16th February 2010, 22:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
the mindset of the general public that 'Fords are expensive to maintain' is taken care of.
Beleive me, I can now see that mindset changing somewhat. The spare part prices have greatly reduced and I can see it. The price rationalisation somehow has gotten across by word of mouth in its own little sort of way. The future looks better for Ford. I have been approached a couple of times by folks for my Ikon.

However how the Figo scores aboveits immediate rivals, is another story. Ford just needs to have the Figo visible to the customer by having as many of them on the road atleast initially. But then, Ford is not known to get its pricing right first time. Hopefully that will change with Figo.
Old 17th February 2010, 00:42   #29
BHPian

the general customer satisfaction was already better with the ford and with the latest move to reduce spare part prices and the present push to open new facilities just show how much they are oriented for the Indian needs.
Ford surely knows satisfying the developing world is surely the next best thing to keep them going.
Old 17th February 2010, 02:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

The mantra is "Hatches - Small Car"

Good initiative from Ford. Lets fiGO...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks