Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 16:15   #1
BHPian

Early Delivery of Nano?

I have booked a Nano ( Top End Version.) The delivery is scheduled to happen in October this year.
However, I received this strange message from TATA Motors today :
"Excise duty may go up in this Year's Budget. Take delivery of NANO before 25th Feb and avoice price increase - Contact Dealer".

How can I take delivery ( even if I wish to ) if my allottment is scheduled in October ? I need to find out from Dealer.

Has any other BHPian got such message?

I will update once I have spoken with the Dealer.
Old 16th February 2010, 16:42   #2
BHPian

It seems that these SMS are being sent to all those who have booked a TATA car irrespective of the model that has been booked.They have even been putting up advt. in the newspaper mentioning that excise is going to go up ,so buy now.
Old 16th February 2010, 18:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Good to see speculators sweating it as the ads suggest desperation on the part of people who booked to sell on allotment, some months ago premiums on these cars were falling at a ver very drastic rate wonder what is the situation now?
Old 16th February 2010, 19:58   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

this is just one of those mass SMSs sent out from "TM-TATA" to all those who have been booked for booking the Nano
Old 17th February 2010, 10:45   #5
BHPian

Validated!

Spoke to the dealer in Pune (Pandit Automotive) about the SMS. As others have already indicated; this is a mass SMS that is sent to all those who have done Nano bookings. Apparently those who can act on it are only allottees whose allotment is scheduled in Feb! ( Then why would have TATA chosen to send SMS to all ? They could have sent only to the once whose allotment is in Feb!)

OT: I inquired about Diesel Nano. They were tight lipped. "We have not received any communication" was the reply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks