Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 02:04   #256
Senior - BHPian

Couple notes on the interior

Doesn't look as special as the European version
Beige is too light. Could have been a couple shades darker.
Seat fabric with straight lines! How about some creativity? Its 2010 now.
Old 24th February 2010, 02:08   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Couple notes on the interior

Doesn't look as special as the European version
Beige is too light. Could have been a couple shades darker.
Seat fabric with straight lines! How about some creativity? Its 2010 now.

Bingo! Although not practical, the light Beige goes down well with the Indian consumer; that being said I think that it is too light too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
What surprises me is the precision of the approx. price VW quotted when they first announced they would launch Polo, way back in 2008.. 4.35 lakhs starting! VW seems to have laid out a long term commitment and vision for India.. Hope it does well with affordable A.S.S, and occassionally also offers us cars for spoil sports
That's an interesting observation, I hope they do well with A.S.S. too, in the end more options for the Indian consumer is the result.

Last edited by Dippy : 24th February 2010 at 13:11. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 24th February 2010, 04:36   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
I asked for the 1.6 Petrol here , in chd , the guy says the 1.6 l petrol will be in the last quarter of 2010 most probably .
I'm expecting it to be priced around 8 lakhs for the middle variant .
1.6 petrol will only come in highline trim. source: look at the spec table
Old 24th February 2010, 07:15   #259
BHPian

I hope this car's reliability is better than their Skota marque. I don't have high hopes though.
Old 24th February 2010, 07:23   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_wheels View Post
Cheer up guys! We are still getting the 1.6. But it will be priced close to 7.5L OTR for sure. My guess.
Old 24th February 2010, 07:43   #261
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering, when will the polo be availble in showrooms for a test drive?
Old 24th February 2010, 08:47   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Just wondering, when will the polo be availble in showrooms for a test drive?

March 1st week. That is what I heard from a dealer in Bangalroe. It is going to be available through out India on the same date.
Old 24th February 2010, 08:51   #263
BHPian

1.2 petrol comfortline- 4,83,000
1.2 petrol highline- 5,72,000

1.2 Petrol :Difference in price between comfortline and highline - 89k

1.2 diesel comfortline- 5,81,000
1.2 diesel highline- 6,70,000

1.2 Diesel :Difference in price between comfortline and highline - 89k

Isnt the difference of ~90k high for addition of ABS and Airbags in the highline variant. Price differencs between trims in this segment should ideally be within 50k.

Polo 1.6 might come only in the highline trim as shown in the brochure. 1.6 Petrol with same features as Highline trim should cost 6.5 - 6.8L. Anything above that does not make sense, cuz we have Fiesta 1.6 around the same price and beating Fiesta 1.6 will be difficult game for Polo 1.6.

Also, Figo 1.6 might debut which will straight compete with Polo 1.6 for the hot hatch tag. In aspects of Performance, Handling and Highspeed dynamics, Figo might have the edge as it will carry the same DNA of Fiesta 1.6

IMHO unless Polo 1.6 should either come with a truly brilliant engine or an average 1.6 with some additional features it does not make sense pricing above this range 6.5 - 7L range.
Old 24th February 2010, 09:40   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
1.2 petrol comfortline- 4,83,000
1.2 petrol highline- 5,72,000

1.2 Petrol :Difference in price between comfortline and highline - 89k

1.2 diesel comfortline- 5,81,000
1.2 diesel highline- 6,70,000

1.2 Diesel :Difference in price between comfortline and highline - 89k

Isnt the difference of ~90k high for addition of ABS and Airbags in the highline variant. Price differences between trims in this segment should ideally be within 50k.
A single alloy wheel costs around 10K so add 50 K here and its 15 inch alloy wheel , So 90 K is not a big diference.
Some one driving a maruti will think twice to shell out over 6.5 lakhs for a 1.2 petrol compared to Swift zxi.
VW by keeping the costs of comfortline variant at a notch below competition will recover the same from highline varaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
I hope this car's reliability is better than their Skota marque. I don't have high hopes though.
Rightly said , there will be many threads in future on this even on a slightest error on the After sales service from VW in team Bhp.

Last edited by Dippy : 24th February 2010 at 13:19. Reason: Post edited. Lets just keep the discussion clean and not have a go at other car companies. Members might find it offensive.
Old 24th February 2010, 10:15   #265
BHPian

Saw a Silver VW Polo on the Road in Mumbai today Morning Saw it at Sion and the car was going towards Trombay side of the Sion-Trombay Highway. It had a reg no of MH-04-TDI-**, i assume it would be a Test drive vehicle. Looked quite good on the road, though couldn't confirm which variant it was

Last edited by Safin : 24th February 2010 at 10:16.
Old 24th February 2010, 11:04   #266

so..the punto killer has arrived wonder what the power/weight ratio would be compared to the punto.if it is lighter ,then the polo 1.2 will give the punto 1.4 a run for its money.same in the case of the diesel.FIAT better shake up its act soon.

btw the polo sure looks a lot like the Palio from some angles..anybody notice??or is it me?
Old 24th February 2010, 11:29   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The Polo comes in three variants: Trendline, Comfortline and Highline which is the top end. Some of my observations and important points on the new Polo:
  • I quite the way this car looks. Has the potential of a hot hatch. VW please get the 1.6 in quick.
  • The car feels well built and solid. The interiors are well finished. No prizes for guessing they remind you of the Fabia.
  • 1.2 litre petrol and diesel engines. Both 3 cylinder. Underpowered? Only a test drive will tell.
  • Base Trendline gets only front power windows.
  • Front disc brakes on the Trendline and Comfortline. Highline gets ABS and two air bags.
  • The base Trendline comes with tilt and telescopic adjustment. A good feature IMO.
  • Only two colours on the entry level Trendline: Candy White & Flash Red.
  • The Comfortline variant comes with height adjustable driver's seat.
  • Top end Highline comes with 15" alloys(only 4), CD player with Mp3, rear windshield wiper and defogger, keyless entry with remote opening & closing of windows. An anti theft immobilizer
I said it before and I will say it again, looking at what is supposed to be highline trim, I cannot see an AUX input and no dead pedal, either.
No center arm-rest.
No electric mirrors.
No EBD.
This car is seriously lacking in some basic requirements even at the top end of the range.

Last edited by crackingride : 24th February 2010 at 11:33.
Old 24th February 2010, 11:54   #268

Much awaited First Drive to he Indian Spec Polo.

Link: Polo review & test drive | Autocar India

Quote:
The much-awaited Volkswagen Polo has finally arrived on Indian roads. We have got our hands on the car -- here are our first impressions of the German hatchback.
The exteriors remain unchanged from the European car. The clean, sharp lines and a sporty chin give the Polo a sporty stance. We drove the top of the line (Highline) variant and it came with 15-inch alloy wheels that look nice on the car, giving it a very good stance. Interior quality is superb but some essential equipment like electronically adjustable mirrors and digital climate control are missing. But the Indian version does get a bit of chrome on the dash, which looks good.

My Two Bits: I have seen the car up close in Black recently, and was a bit dissapointed, as it had the steel wheels. But the top end in Red with the Alloys look SUPERB!!

If It were my money, I'd wait for the 1.6Petrol.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo price. EDIT : Launched. Actual prices on Page. 12-done1.jpg  

VW Polo price. EDIT : Launched. Actual prices on Page. 12-done2.jpg  

VW Polo price. EDIT : Launched. Actual prices on Page. 12-done3.jpg  

Old 24th February 2010, 12:43   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
A single alloy wheel costs around 10K so add 50 K here and its 15 inch alloy wheel , So 90 K is not a big diference.
Some one driving a maruti will think twice to shell out over 6.5 lakhs for a 1.2 petrol compared to Swift zxi.
VW by keeping the costs of comfortline variant at a notch below competition will recover the same from highline varaint.
Ok, thanks for clarifying. 90k does seem to justify Alloys, ABS, Airbags and few other minor features. I would have preferred ABS and Airbags at additional cost of 40-50k. Alloys can be optional accessory or one could fit an alloy of his choice later.

For folks wanting ABS+Airbags as a must, its a steep 90k over the Comfortline. Someone tight on budget with ABS+Airbags as a must have in his/her preferred car might be put off by the 90k difference. He/She would probably end up buying some other car that comes within his budget. After all, one is spoilt with choices in this segment.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:44   #270
BHPian

POLO trendline petrol is priced exactly same as SWIFT VXI see this comparison at carwale Volkswagen Polo 1.2L Trendline (P) vs Maruti Suzuki Swift 1.2 VXi BS IV vs Hyundai i20 Magna vs Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Dynamic | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com

And that too you are getting much better built car with lot more space and features. That is an aggressive move by VW.

POLO is 50000 cheaper than i20 Magna and the difference is the CD player. I am thinking of cancelling by i20 booking and going for POLO. Any comment guys?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed