Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 23:35   #406
BHPian

Nice idea stacking up the interior pics for a comparo.

I'd say i20>jazz>polo>punto
I have seen both i20 & Jazz in person and can say that both interiors are very good. I liked the jet black finish on the i20 better than the light colouring on the Jazz. Jet black makes it feel a class above.

Polo (from pics only) seems to have everything where required and looks good, but lacks the "WOW" factor compared to the i20 & Jazz. Again seeing it in person might give a different feeling.

The Punto interiors are functional, but that all silver central console doesn't work at all for me.

EDIT: I truly hope the 1.6 version comes loaded with a few additional goodies like ACC & ICE controls on steering.

Last edited by gomzi : 26th February 2010 at 23:38.
Old 26th February 2010, 23:45   #407
BHPian

Wow nice images to compare

I20>Polo>Jazz>Punto
Old 26th February 2010, 23:51   #408
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
a nice 13 sec vid on the exteriors of the polo from carwale! It'll look even more fantastic with a few simple mods! How I wish they launched the 1.2 TSi :(

PS:

Just read the carwale review and even they are praising the petrol engine! Apparently the engine has a sporty note to it! Can't wait to test drive it! Plenty of detailed photos on the car wale review as posted by mkh, please check it out guys!
Decent review from carwale
Looks like a few things are almost certain( seen almost all who evaluated till now say these)
- great build quality( was always expected)
- great ride and handling- again was expected
- rear seat comfort a set back: all euro cars are the same i guess
- Slightly premium pricing, waits to be seen if really enough there to prove it.Well the I20 no longer looks overpriced- i remember the time it was launched, many i know( me included) were like 6 lacs+ for a hatch- no way!!. Jazz i guess still looks like a lac more for sure
Engine performance and more finer details awaited from a detailed TD only.

Last edited by mkh : 26th February 2010 at 23:58.
Old 26th February 2010, 23:52   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
I liked the jet black finish on the i20 better than the light colouring on the Jazz. Jet black makes it feel a class above.
Correct me if I am wrong , but last time when I checked the i20 interior ( it was on display in our office campus ), I saw that majority of the dashboard is brown in colour and infact it's a 3 tone interior ( beige, brown and black ) .

For me it's -

Jazz>Punto>i20 ( can't comment on Polo as I haven't seen it )

* I didn't like the steering in i20 at all , somehow I felt it's thinner comapred to Jazz and Puntos steering and also bigger in size. The controls also felt cheap, specially the joystick kind of button for volume.
Old 27th February 2010, 00:36   #410
BHPian

Nice collage of pictures to compare!

IMO

Polo > Jazz > i20 > Punto.

From the pictures, polo looks way, way premium. Couple it with excellent handling and it should do really well.

Note from Mod : Team-BHP's VW Polo Testdrive report has been uploaded at this linky. Please continue the discussion over on that thread.

This thread = closed.

Last edited by GTO : 27th February 2010 at 00:54. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed