Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 12:53   #271
BHPian

I haven't driven the Polo, but when I drove the i20 I felt it was very quiet and the engine sounded refined from inside the cabin. Before you cancel your booking, please test drive the Polo and see if you are happy with the NVH levels that others have pointed out. The Polo might be more involving to drive - but all these questions will be answered by a TD.

Regards,
Amit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
POLO trendline petrol is priced exactly same as SWIFT VXI see this comparison at carwale Volkswagen Polo 1.2L Trendline (P) vs Maruti Suzuki Swift 1.2 VXi BS IV vs Hyundai i20 Magna vs Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Dynamic | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com

And that too you are getting much better built car with lot more space and features. That is an aggressive move by VW.

POLO is 50000 cheaper than i20 Magna and the difference is the CD player. I am thinking of cancelling by i20 booking and going for POLO. Any comment guys?
Old 24th February 2010, 13:04   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
POLO trendline petrol is priced exactly same as SWIFT VXI see this comparison at carwale Volkswagen Polo 1.2L Trendline (P) vs Maruti Suzuki Swift 1.2 VXi BS IV vs Hyundai i20 Magna vs Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Dynamic | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com

And that too you are getting much better built car with lot more space and features. That is an aggressive move by VW.

POLO is 50000 cheaper than i20 Magna and the difference is the CD player. I am thinking of cancelling by i20 booking and going for POLO. Any comment guys?
Yup I would do that if i was you.Infact I am planning to get one soon,awaiting test drive comments from our experts,first things first !
Old 24th February 2010, 13:08   #273
BHPian

Guys check CARWALE's channel on Youtube for TD reports on the Polo.

Seems the 1.2 petrol isn't that bad. Feels fairly fine to drive. Nothing great but not bad either.

Here is Carwale's impression of the POLO

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th February 2010 at 13:49.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:09   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Much awaited First Drive to he Indian Spec Polo.

Link: Polo review & test drive | Autocar India

My Two Bits: I have seen the car up close in Black recently, and was a bit dissapointed, as it had the steel wheels. But the top end in Red with the Alloys look SUPERB!!

If It were my money, I'd wait for the 1.6Petrol.
More excerpts from the Autocar test-drive:

Quote:
The 1.2-litre petrol motor, which produces 75bhp of power, is a heavily modified and a much improved version of the Fabia. It has a very strong midrange, although you can hear some of the 3-cylinder thrum. While the power is no patch on the Suzuki’s K-series engine, let alone the Honda Jazz, its performance is more than adequate for city use.

The 1.2-litre diesel engine, that will be available only from May this year, feels rev-happy and peppy. It feels like a modern diesel and its refinement matches Fiat’s Multijet diesel. There is a bit of initial turbo-lag and a spike in power comes only after 1800rpm. The free-revving engine pulls till 5200rpm but the power starts to tail off from 4500rpm onwards.

The Polo’s ride quality is simply outstanding and is aided by the tyres, which have been specially tuned for the Polo. This car’s ride is one of the best in its class, very plaint and absorbing most of the big bumps pretty well. There is a bit of firmness at high speed, but we aren’t complaining much.

The steering feels quite light and has a typical electronically assisted feel to it. It does not bristle with feel and feedback but is effortless to drive in town. The Polo’s handling is not as sporty as the Swift, but it feels safe and predictable. It goes without saying that the Polo is a very effortless car to drive.
Definitely seems to be a car for senior citizens and other folks who dont enjoy driving. I'll hold on to my Swift until VW tempts me with something that has a litte more power.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:12   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmaxfan View Post
Guys check CARWALE's channel on Youtube for TD reports on the Polo.

Hi, cant find, could you post the link please,thanks.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:13   #276
BHPian

Got a quote from VW for POLO Trendline

Ex showroom 4 34 482
Insurance 23 219
Handling 5 025
Tax 26 358

Total 488 896

Insurance is almost double compared to similar priced Swift. VW dealers already trying to rip of customers? Is the handling charges too high as well?
Old 24th February 2010, 13:15   #277
MCR
BHPian

I am sorry, but this question keeps coming back to my mind,
Why are the latest fuel injection technologies like TSI(petrol) and Common rail(Diesel) not being offered from the startup?
Old 24th February 2010, 13:18   #278
BHPian

I really don't see how the POLO is going to be a success in the Indian market. Sure it has a really good ride quality and the build is quite good, but apart from that not a lot to go for the car. But a LOT to go against the car.

The punto looks, handles, rides, and is equipped better than the Polo.

Swift and Ritz are better to drive and more reliable.

And as far as A.S.S. of VW is concerned, I better not say anything
Old 24th February 2010, 13:18   #279
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Why are the latest fuel injection technologies like TSI(petrol) and Common rail(Diesel) not being offered from the startup?
Typical of european makers la, Fiat,Ranault,Skoda et al , The old dies / machines are shipped to make old outdated models in India.
Hence TSI / CRDI are not in
Old 24th February 2010, 13:20   #280
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think there is ANY hope of TSI and Common Rail engines being introduced in the Polo atleast in the near future.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:23   #281
BHPian

I thought the Polo also came in a 1.6 petrol trim. Is that a turbocharged engine or a natural aspiration?
Old 24th February 2010, 13:23   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
Typical of european makers la, Fiat,Ranault,Skoda et al , The old dies / machines are shipped to make old outdated models in India.
How else they can offer a POLO for 4.34L base price? It is a very price competitive market.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:27   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess FIAT MJD is a common rail engine with Multi Jets.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:38   #284
BHPian

Hey people,VW have introduced a new link on their website with the optional packs and accessories.

Volkswagen Konfigurator
Old 24th February 2010, 13:42   #285
BHPian

Quote:
The diesel is a common-rail, isn't it? I thought it is a three cylinder version of the four cylinder VW 1.6L CRDI, with one cylinder removed to get under 1.2L and reap the excise benefit.

Quote:
The Polo is a new model worldwide, so no chance of old dies being shipped.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks