Team-BHP - VW Polo price. EDIT : Launched. Actual prices on Page. 12
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Polo price. EDIT : Launched. Actual prices on Page. 12 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/75887-vw-polo-price-edit-launched-actual-prices-page-12-a.html)

Note from Mod : Team-BHP's VW Polo Testdrive report has been uploaded at this linky. Please continue the discussion over on that thread.

This thread = closed.

Source: Autocar India March 2010 issueAll prices are ex showroom, Delhi, in rupees.

Thanks sid !
Nice pricing but why highline is price so high and what's special in that.
I feel highline seems to be pricey or is that base is a bare bone polo

Well Well Well .. The prices seem to be pretty decent and not as sky high as some had expected. But without seeing or driving the car , its difficult to decide if its worth the money .

Approximately 30,000 more than the Maruti Swift base model. The Comfortline and Highline prices seem to be out of sync somehow. Its as if they have priced the trendline alone significantly less than what they had planned just to make an impression.

1.6 Petrol highline. Now that will be a stonking good car to drive!

Th price is neither VFM nor atrocious. We need to see how good the car really is for the price mentioned. Good job Sid.

Nice.!!
Really looking forward to the launch now.!

1.6 highline price is delicious!

But I wonder what the spec differences are between the comfortline and highline to have a ~90K INR difference in price.

Pricing is, well, decent I guess.

Base end petrol 1.2 costs approx the same as a i10 kappa with sportz level of equipment. I guess I'll have to test drive the car to decide!

BTW, the difference between 1.6 highline and 1.2 highline is not that bad! 1.6 Highline will be drool :D

The 1.6 engine isn't the same one as the Jetta's is it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 (Post 1743224)
Th price is neither VFM nor atrocious.

Brilliantly put.. They're trying a balancing act with the car. I'm glad they haven't pulled off a *super* premium price for the polo as the trim level on the highline isn't to die for. Can't really comment on the car too much without driving it (haven't really liked the simplistic design with the toned down head & tail-lamps compared to the European spec car).
The pricing should help VW gain a foothold in the hatchback segment. Whether it'll be strong or weak remains to be seen

Rs. 604000 for the 1.6L is quite decent but will it be available in March. I heard only the petrol model(1.2L) is getting launched in march.
Looks like it will be competition for i20 and Punto.
God knows what will happen to the JAZZ. Please Honda atleast reduce the price now. Someone please send this post to Mr.Honda(India) or whoever who priced the JAZZ for the Indian market.

Only a 35K difference between the 1.2 and 1.6? Wow you'd have to be crazy to buy the 1.2 now!

now im just hoping they launch the 1.6 now and not after a few months.

The main differences between Comfortline and Highline include ABS, Airbags, 15 inch Alloys and Fog-lamps+Rear-Defoggers. I think that should justify the 90K difference. But what is surprising is that there is only a 35K difference between 1.2 and 1.6 petrol on the Highline. Which means if one buys a Highline petrol, he/she will always buy the 1.6L and never 1.2L !

Prices of polo VS competition (ex showroom, Delhi in rupees):

Polo:
Punto:Jazz:I 20:Swift:
Ritz:Indica Vista

1.6 Highline for 6.04 can't be right. It would make it a sheer steal!