Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Good move from Fiat.
Now is the time to fit that 1.6/100PS Palio's heart in Punto
But why...? The t-jet is on its way!
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
... Palio is a timeless design. IMO, the retro Palio looks better than the Stile.
+1

What a beautiful car it was!! The subsequent avatars were no match to the original on the looks front.
Even today, i gawk at the original Palio with awe whenever i chance upon it while on road. IMO, it had the right mix of masculine agressiveness in front and feminine sensuousness in its hind quarters...

And what a lousy way to end it all.

This is one of those moments where you look at human folly with a sad eye, sigh deeply and move on.

Last edited by WindRide : 22nd February 2010 at 16:33.
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
But why...? The t-jet is on its way!
Oh, I thought they are getting the 1.3 MJD VGT in Punto as Punto Sports!
Are you sure about 1.4 T-Jet in Punto? I know its coming in Linea.
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:29   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

At the time of my Punto review, I had stated that Fiat should do away with the Palio. The hatch was competent at the time of its launch, but today, that time has clearly gone. The market seems to agree, with sales in a mere 2 digits for some months.

Good decision and best for Fiat to focus on the Punto & Linea entirely. The Punto, more than the Linea, needs the full attention of Fiat at the moment. It's sales are dipping with newer competition just around the corner.

@ Fiat : Please keep that 1.6L 100 BHP engine handy though
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am happy that Fiat took this decision. Yes. It is good to move forward now. It is wise of Fiat to focus on Punto and Linea, as they are the ones that are garnering sales.

But, I only hope that Fiat provides us Palio owners with support for many more years to come.

RIP Palio. I can never forget my first car, a shining purple Palio. I might go on to buy more and better cars in future, but this will always remain my favourite.
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:27   #22
Team-BHP Support

A very good decision from FIAT!

Although Palio was one of the better cars to hit indian roads, FIAT management decisions made it feature as one of the biggest flops in the indian market. Sales were even down to single digits in the recent months!

FIAT needed a fresh start in India, and IMO its better to concentrate fully on Punto and Linea. Palio has come to be associated with all of FIAT's wrong decisions, and its better to forget it and start fresh.

Now, getting an used 1.6 will be an even better deal!
Old 24th February 2010, 17:02   #23
BHPian

hmmm. i have never had a thought even for a second to sell my palio. i wonder what people had against the car. may be they just couldnt appreciate a good thing.
Old 25th February 2010, 09:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

I guess the 1.6 engine is also out. They tuned it for Bharat III and put it in Stile Sport and made the car more boring than GTX. Will they change it again for Bharat IV and put it in Punto? Doubtful...
Old 25th February 2010, 12:04   #25
BHPian

RIP Palio .

Hope my S10 survives.

Fiat - PLease supply spares !
Old 25th February 2010, 12:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
Fiat - PLease supply spares !
+1 to that. As an adventure owner I was thinking I could get atleast 50% of spares since palio was still in production. Now I am not sure.
I was hoping to keep my car for atleast 5 more years
Old 28th February 2010, 15:55   #27
BHPian

Interchangeability of parts related to various forms of Fiat MJD

The news is out that Fiat Palio will soon cease to be manufactured in India. The Palio Multijet being a fairly recent model it is expected that spares will continue to be made available. However, Fiat being Fiat, you never know.

As many as five different cars being manufactured in India are known to use the Multijet FGT engine in various states of tune. It would be nice if the components of the Multijets of the more successful cars fits in the Multijet of the Palio. If no component of the DDiS fits into the Palio MJD then there is no use of us Fiat fans harping about Maruti using Fiat engine and blah blah blah.

I would like to know which component from DDIS (Swift, Dezire, Ritz), Quadrajet (Vista) and the MJD of Punto will work with the Palio Multijet. From Ice's thread, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-problems.html, I have come to know that

(1) Punto Multijet shares the same turbocharger with the Palio.

From our TASS I have heard that

(2) the oil filter for Vista Quadrajet is the same as the one for the Palio,

and that,

(3) the diesel filter of Linea Multijet (VGT here!) is the same as that of Palio.

Could anyone please give correct information regarding interchangeability of parts related to various forms of the 1.3 Multijet, especially the DDiS of MSIL, with those of Palio MJD?
Old 28th February 2010, 18:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
The news is out that Fiat Palio will soon cease to be manufactured in India. The Palio Multijet being a fairly recent model it is expected that spares will continue to be made available. However, Fiat being Fiat, you never know.
Well i have a fiat Uno once upon a time. Even though it was discontinued, parts were still available for quite some time. However i was based in Mumbai. Dont know about Guwhati though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks