Team-BHP - Maruti to debottleneck car delivery to cut down wait period
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti to debottleneck car delivery to cut down wait period (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/75961-maruti-debottleneck-car-delivery-cut-down-wait-period.html)

Maruti lovers can rejoice now. Just came across this article. So now all swift lovers who had to wait for 2-3 months can get their beauty in less time IMO if this model works for Maruti.

Quote:

There’s good news for consumers queuing up for Maruti cars. In an attempt to cut down on the waiting period and to circumvent production constraints at its Gurgoan plant, Maruti Suzuki is setting up a company-owned stockyard and model showrooms across 16 cities in the next two years.
Source :: Maruti to debottleneck car delivery to cut down wait period - CNBC-TV18 -

all this is due to heat from Manza sales and other new launches.
Else they were happy saying "you want Swift / Dzire wait for 3 months or 6 months etc"

Quote:

Maruti Suzuki is setting up a company-owned stockyard and model showrooms across 16 cities in the next two years.
still 2 years here looks little more!

Good to know! but I guess they are bit late in the day to do so!considering the market share gone to others they should have done it 3 years back. still to see how they deal with beat and polo soon, not to mention the average ordinary customer like me who are happy with TATA.

If the main issue is production related, how company owned stockyard will help them to reduce the lead time?. Even for stocking in their own stockyard it needs to be produced first right??

I do not know the details as the link provided does not open in my computer.

this is all what comes out of a rearside of a male cow.

"to circumvent production constraints at its Gurgoan plant, Maruti Suzuki is setting up a company-owned stockyard and model showrooms"

Instead of solving the key issue - production bottlenecks - they are opening their own sales & distribution channel?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 1745772)
this is all what comes out of a rearside of a male cow.

"to circumvent production constraints at its Gurgoan plant, Maruti Suzuki is setting up a company-owned stockyard and model showrooms"

Instead of solving the key issue - production bottlenecks - they are opening their own sales & distribution channel?!

hmmm..could be because of Dealership issues which seemed to be the case in Punjab where dealers were making money on non availability of the products.

Stockyards are always needed by the companies seem to be an aggressive move. they want to recapture what they have lost.

Great going.

I think Maruti is moving in Wrong direction ,because if there is a slow down in the market then it's going to be a huge loss and with competition building up they should try to resolve the production issue or try to expand the production. I feel this is bit high risk move.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS (Post 1746172)
I think Maruti is moving in Wrong direction ,because if there is a slow down in the market then it's going to be a huge loss and with competition building up they should try to resolve the production issue or try to expand the production. I feel this is bit high risk move.

Going by the rumours in market about their new tie ups i think production issues are resolved. this makes sense. they need to be aggressive enough and control the supply chain and improve on Sales.

Was just going through some of the thread in the forum and suddenly I stumbled across a thread where it says Maruti has started the recall in India of A-stars for fuel line gasket problems. If this is the situation then what is the use of keeping the inventory/produced goods in the stockyard.